Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Defense - Too Long, Too Hard

Thyriell

Personally I like the idea of defense with multiple points. It makes the gameplay more dynamic and difficult, and it's something to perhaps set AW Defense apart from it's grounded version. Unfortunately the HP of cargo doesn't seem to scale with level, making it an easy target past wave 10.

About the waves themselves. My first attempt at the mission took a 3 man squad and 15 minutes to complete. Wait for it... we only got to wave 5. Not because it was too hot, but because although "B" died, it took fifteen minutes to finish four waves of a mission.

Our second attempt was much better orchestrated. We had an Elytron, two Itzals and an Odonata. It took us an hour to get to wave 18 only to have it destroyed by a sneeze of a crewman. What the CUPCAKE?!

I'm not sure why 18 waves of a mission took over an hour to complete, but my best guess would be is that it is a multitude of things, all of which unintended.

1. Some enemies would spawn in the space for "B" even after it collapsed and have to fly all the way to A to attack

2. At most only ten enemies were present at any time

3. At the end of most rounds an enemy or two would be stuck at the spawn somewhere

4. The waves are just too long

Overall in it's current state, AW Defense was a horrid experience and not one I would like to repeat again under the same circumstances.

Just got out of the defense on Neptune myself, and I as much as I like archwing and want to farm for the new melee weapon I can't see myself ever doing this again. Enemy scaling was insane, with level 80s or higher by wave ten. It took about twenty minutes just to get to the tenth wave, only to fail because of level 100 enemies two shotting the defense objectives before wave 15.