Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #127!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream127_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew!

What: It’s time to do a lot of housekeeping and catchup! We are going to take you through the changes that will be coming for Nightwave Series 2, check out what Wisp has been up to on Jupiter with a new game mode, and much, much more!  

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as an Equinox Prime Access Pack AND a Dual Prime Vault.

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

Twitch Drop: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, May 3rd at 2 p.m EDT!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday, May 3rd!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Ahoy o/

1. Is restoring Arbitration rotation length to normal (5 minutes in Survival, 5 waves in Defense, etc.) completely off the table? Maybe it could be part of a new Elite mode, with a higher starting level and/or faster level scaling? 

2. Several passive focus nodes, like Vazarin's affinity range node, Madurai's damage bonus nodes, or Unairu's armor bonus node go unused because they're in unpopular focus trees. To solve that, would you consider making all passive nodes waybound—possibly while limiting the maximum number of waybounds you can have equipped?

3. In light of the recent Riven disposition shifts, can we expect any changes to the Kuva economy? A boost to drop rates from siphons and Kuva Survival, a lowered reroll cost cap, or maybe a new, more difficult mission type that lets us earn Kuva at a higher rate?

4. Are there any plans to include more bosses, like the Orb Mothers, and/or more mission types, like Capture and Vallis Free Roam, in Sorties? Alternatively, do you have any long-term plans for a Sortie rework?

Nightwave Series 2 sounds cool already being infested based.

Q: Can players expect any news on the progress of Trials in 2019? I recognize we are approaching halfway through this year, and Railjack is in the works, but the loss of 8 player missions all piled up in voice chat with coordination is tragic.

Are we going to see the proto weapon skins that were shown off quite a while ago or have they been scrapped?

Can we please get the option to use the Excal Prime helmet/skin on Excal Umbra?

Can you please offer the conclave skins in the market or maybe as arbitration rewards? At this point finding a match is the largest hurdle to getting them.

Are there any plans to do a review of armor and skin color channels or allow us to color armor pieces/helmets separately? Several have metallics not in the auxiliary slot or mismatched channels between armor pieces in the same set.

Can we get a way to remove duplicate syandanas/helmets from our inventory or make them stack like duplicate items do in other menus? They clutter up your inventory and don't serve a function since arcanes were moved to their own slots.

Can we get the scripts from the Prime trailers added to the codex for the related frames?

On PC is it possible to give us the option to hotkey certain menus. Would be nice to be able to just hit an unused button on my keyboard to go to my foundry or decorate my ship rather than going through several menus.

Can we get custom positioning for primaries and secondaries like melee weapons have. It would allow us to adjust for a lot of the clipping that occurs in the game and you could sell custom positions for them like the melee ones.

Is there any talk of making the riven system a bit less RNG reliant. I have some rivens that I have invested massive amounts of time and Kuva into and it is demoralizing to see bad roll after bad roll. I am not saying make it cheap or easy but it would be nice if I could show progress for my investment rather than just another random roll.

Is there any talk of reviewing the rewards for ESO? Getting the captura scenes over and over again does not feel good. Moving it to a token system like Arbitrations or a standing system like Plaguestar would be far better.

Any progress on removing or increasing the riven capacity? Collecting is a major feature of the game and the cap of 90 is extremely limiting with our ever increasing arsenal size.

6 minutes ago, kxZyle said:

Ahoy o/

1. Is restoring Arbitration rotation length to normal (5 minutes in Survival, 5 waves in Defense, etc.) completely off the table? Maybe it could be part of a new Elite mode, with a higher starting level and/or faster level scaling? 

2. Several passive focus nodes, like Vazarin's affinity range node, Madurai's damage bonus nodes, or Unairu's armor bonus node go unused because they're in unpopular focus trees. To solve that, would you consider making all passive nodes waybound—possibly while limiting the maximum number of waybounds you can have equipped?

3. In light of the recent Riven disposition shifts, can we expect any changes to the Kuva economy? A boost to drop rates from siphons and Kuva Survival, a lowered reroll cost cap, or maybe a new, more difficult mission type that lets us earn Kuva at a higher rate?

4. Are there any plans to include more bosses, like the Orb Mothers, and/or more mission types, like Capture and Vallis Free Roam, in Sorties? Alternatively, do you have any long-term plans for a Sortie rework?

All of this please!

To add i would like to see a riven capacity removal. 90 isnt enough. 

Also i would like to see sorties shift from 3 separate missions into one big long mission with multiple objectives throughout.

6 minutes ago, kxZyle said:

The only way I could see them doing this is if they cut down the Endo Reward's amounts by nearly half (Hopefully not that far) and decreasing the Drop Chance of Ayatan Rewards. I'd be down with it, for sure, but I also know there's no way they'd keep the Reward rates the same if they get dropped Twice as much.

Any chance we can get excavator health to scale with mission level like every other defense objective does? Very frustrating to go into a sortie/arbitration excavation and have drills go down from ~1 second of enemy fire, and at this point there's precedents for it all over the game, including excavator drills in the Plains/Vallis.

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Please ask your questions here

When will newer frames be rebalanced for PvP? Can conclave get new rewards? As it currently stands it's the most challenging content in warframe while also the most unrewarding, giv8ng no actual reason to play it and locking anyone interested in it out of progression in the whole game.

1)
Operators. Nice eye textures. Awful skin textures. And what's going on with the back of the neck?!
(also, I don't have a picture of it, but the new hairstyles don't even connect to the head model on my operator, they float about an in-game inch or two away from the scalp)

kqzqchZ.jpg

XFsiLKo.jpg

2)
Excalibur Umbra/Prime combined customisation when?

661QOQ0.png

3)
Can we please have the Grineer dogs removed from Adaro/Sedna, or at least have them be properly deafened by Banshee's Silence? Maybe this was intentionally added to trip up people farming it for Focus, but it's so counter-intuitive. Dog units are generally more sentitive to sound, so they should be MORE affected by Silence and unable to alert anyone, breaking the stealth kill multiplier.

4) More appearances from our good friend, the Man In The Wall.
I had ideas. Let them appear as a daily login NPC, maybe. Or, let's say we're modding a warframe or weapon in the armoury. Why not have Wally appear in the background for a few seconds as a blink-and-you-miss-it sort of easter egg?
Or something that invokes this kind of feeling?
WBeiBlS.gif

5) New for Devstream 126, this question:
Are there any secrets in Warframe that nobody has yet discovered? Secret rooms, easter eggs, things of that ilk?

6) Stream 127:
This unvaulted prime sugatra is still broken...

dOVDEBI.png

Hey,
in recent Devstreams you have said that you are aware of the whole challenge/endgame discussion and are thinking about ways to provide higher level content.
I really appreciate that and i want to make a suggestion and ask how likely it is that we will see something like this.

High Level Fissure Missions:
On top of the regular fissure missions, there could be always one "Elite"-Fissure Mission of each type active:

• Lith starting at lvl 60
  • Meso starting at lvl 70
  • Neo starting at lvl 80
  • Axi starting at lvl 90
  • only the following endless-gamemodes: Survival, Defense, Interception, Excavation
  • always 1 of each type active, meaning if the lith mission is survival, none of the other ones can be survival

The only bonus you get could be that the multipliers for affinity/credits etc already start at 25% for example.
This wouldnt be gamebreaking i guess, but still an incentive to play those missions over the other ones (i dont need an incentive, but others might ask for it)

This system would bring a few benefits besides providing high-level-content for people that are asking for that kind of content:

• probably really easy to implement since everything is already in the game
  • every player will always have atleast 1 mission of his favourite gamemode available
  • there will be high level missions for lith and meso aswell

This might be interesting because i personally am bored by playing against level 10-20 enemies,
but if i want to open lith or meso relics i have to do it, which often means i dont do it at all.

And it will solve another "problem", namely that the completly random selection of missions often produces scenarios where we might have 6 missions to chose from, but the distribution is something like: capture,capture,spy,spy,sabotage,sabotage, and on top of that both sabotages can be axi. The result for me quiet often is that i log in, look at the available missions, see nothing i want to play, log out again.

4 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Kingpin? Is it still alive? Dead? In a coma? 

If I'm not mistaken DE stated they had it set aside for the time being because Rail Jack suddenly took over that side of production.

Honestly, upset it'll take longer, but if we're taking on Kingpins AND their Ships in space, I think I'd much prefer that version than what we might get right now.

Will we get manual blocking back? I personally don't care if we get an "auto block ON/OFF" toggle in settings so players who want to keep it are allowed to do it as well, but being unable to remove the annoyance of automatic actions should never be the norm.

Pressing RMB (default) while using melee weapons bringing out guns is counterintuitive (RMB is bound to a mobility tool, which now can't be used while keeping melee out because it takes out guns instead) and redundant (since we can also go back to gunplay by shooting or pressing weapon swap).

Auto block is also more of an annoyance than a help: Performing a bullet jump and randomly start to glide because an enemy shot at me and my frame blocked it takes away control from the gameplay experience, but if that wasn't enough, it can also interrupt animations randomly or even stunlock the player if unlucky enough, add there that it's really unreliable and inconsistant and melee has gone 1 step ahead (thanks to quick and easy swapping) and 2 back (unreliable blocking, inability to glide-block, no way to keep facing enemies to block their damage while retreating... perhaps far more than 2 steps in the wrong direction now that i think about it). Having manual block available only for sword alone gameplay is not a solution since the only possible way to make use of it is removing guns, which isolates sword alone gameplay from gunplay even tough the update was supposed to make both modes blend together as seamlessly as possible.

The spoilers contain clips of stuff that could be consistently pulled off before auto blocking was added but can't be done reliably anymore (mostly bullet deflect kills)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Really disliking how a change that was supposed to improve the feel of melee gameplay ended up ruining one of its tools.

Why are Ephemeras not doing their job of being items of achievement and prestige? Instead they're 100% luck based, causing hours of grind and frustration and burnout. The new Ephemeras (Eidolon at least) is moving it in the right direction, but what about the existing ones?

Archived