Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #88 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream88banner.png

Limbo Revamp
• Limbo has a completely new roll animation that is a 'Void Dash' -- this dash will take him in and out of The Rift with no Energy cost
• Banish has been upgraded to a small AOE 
• Limbo's #2 is a completely new power, Stasis -- Stasis pauses enemies and projectiles inside The Rift
• Only a certain number of enemies/projectiles inside The Rift can be Stasis'd -- surpassing this limit will force you out of the Rift for a short duration
• Limbo's #3 is similar to Molecular Prime -- a radial charge of all enemies in The Rift, they will explode upon dying, affecting enemies outside The Rift and creating mini-cataclysms
• Cataclysm remains relatively unchanged -- it will now have a short stun to enemies upon entering so that Limbo has more time to react to them
• Limbo revamp has no current ETA, but it seems to be completely playable 
• Watch Rebecca test the new Limbo HERE

Photobooth Mode
• There is a new mode being added that will allow players a deep number of customizations to get nice screenshots
• This mode will allow players to customize the background, animation frames, camera angle, filters, and more to give maximum control
• Watch Rebecca test Photobooth mode HERE

50e2f3b87759803848cce7e43a1232b3.jpga49eb3a3701e671060058c5b64668446.jpg

Chroma Deluxe Skin 
• The Chroma Deluxe Skin was displayed -- this is the next deluxe skin to be released
• Skin is coming packaged with a two-handed sword skin

0103fd03649a976f3d8530645826e5f2.pnga32a368b82902ae7de2fbb97d8ff63d1.jpgd2f445b5a74b61af72bd447e212a2991.png

Helminth Charger Re-design
• The new model for the Charger is close to complete -- since it's rigged to the Kubrow skeleton still, it should be easy to implement
• Should definitely release in February

b4a1a9330d85208c87a33f5d11b239a4.png

Enemy Cell Dojo Room
• The upcoming Enemy Cell feature was spoken of again
• The procedurally generated kingpin enemy will be appropriate to Clan size and member number -- smaller Clans don't need to worry
• The Enemy Cell is not intended to be solo content, but it will be much harder -- this is optimized for a group experience
• In a coming update, Clans will have levels that will determine what kind of Enemy Cells they can go after and perhaps have other privelages
• As Dojos grow and new things are built, Clans will gain levels -- this will be retroactive, so large Dojos will start out at a higher level
• Dojos will start working on Relay servers rather than being hosted by a member
• The Dojo War Room that will house the Enemy Cell features was shown HERE

2783db6fc701a45a03ceeb77958eca3b.png03f9682c87a614d4e6beba028a79eb59.png

Other Stuff
• Corpus Gunspear is virtually complete; should release very soon
• Tenno pump shotgun is far from complete; model hasn't been started and it needs new pumping animations
• Not currently planning on adding Relics to Eximus droptables as was proposed previously
• The devs feel that they went a bit too far with the new flight-sim feel of Archwing -- it doesn't really work in tight areas, but it doesn't sound as though it's much of a priority currently
• Ash does have a completed Gunspear animation set, but it didn't get submitted by accident -- will be implemented ASAP
• Cephalon Samodeus is partly written and voicecast -- still a ways to go before being implemented in-game
• Volt will get cloth physics eventually -- no firm release date though
• Valkyr Prime trailer is very close to being done, however Geoff was told to delay releasing it until after Banshee Prime's trailer -- unclear why exactly
• Anniversary Alerts teased at?

Edited by AM-Bunny

1 minute ago, Buzkyl said:

Limbo went from the guy you zero to top CC frame real quick.

However, please let us hack in the rift DE. Or allow us to banish consoles/Hack in cataclysms.

You think? The new additions were certainly cool and stylish, but he still didn't seem particularly effective to me. I honestly don't think it's going to help his situation a lot.

ZA WARUDO is cool looking, but it takes too much time and effort in a game that's based around killing armies in a moment. I think players that already enjoy Limbo or that play him solo will love it though (he has always been a great solo Warframe)

So far as the Rift goes, it needs a proper consideration of what it can and can't permit...and when it comes to Cons Enemies must also be victim. Having enemies hack, trigger something or employ Ramparts is just...obnoxious to say the least.

Otherwise...could prove reinvigorating for general play on a personal level. Will have to see what the final affair will be.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

You think? The new additions were certainly cool and stylish, but he still didn't seem particularly effective to me. I honestly don't think it's going to help his situation a lot.

ZA WARUDO is cool looking, but it takes too much time and effort in a game that's based around killing armies in a moment. I think players that already enjoy Limbo or that play him solo will love it though (he has always been a great solo Warframe)

Considering "endgame" is mainly based around CC than killing, I can see limbo getting alot of usage at high levels due to Stasis being a better CC Molecular Prime. Purely because it forces the A.I top stop rather than being slow and it also affects projectiles like bombard rockets.

However, unless shown otherwise What is stopping me from using Za Warudo and throw the entire area into the rift via cataclysm? The moment they enter (combine with the force stun) they will be frozen on sight. Combine with the augment and he gets powerful area deniability. The my key question is how high is the enemy cap and can it be modified.

• How is the stun energy drain calculated? Per enemy or continual drain?
  • How many enemies can he keep in the rift at once?
  • If he overloads the rift how harsh is the cooldown?

I mean i'm not saying he's gonna be the new go to frame for CC but based purely off what i saw? Za Warudo+ Max range Cat is GG.

22 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

The devs feel that they went a bit too far with the new flight-sim feel of Archwing -- it doesn't really work in tight areas, but it doesn't sound as though it's much of a priority currently

how long have people been complaining about this very thing....and only now do they admit it doesn't work? It doesn't work because we don't have flight sim controls. Ever play a flight sim with a mouse? No you use a joystick. Its this kind of thing that makes me question the direction of Warframe lately, (my personal opinion obviously) Instead of expanding, fixing, and giving some depth to Archwing, and other existing content, we are adding a ridiculous Bardframe, and the gimmicky operator Kuva collection into the game. 

Edited by Mos-Eisley