The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee-Stuck/disabled Megathread [Investigating]

D4K4R

Been having a lot of problems with this one. Seems to happen when you bump into walls or the floor during a lot of different parkour animations. I think if you end up doing a Bullet Jump into the floor or a wall, it has a chance to cause this same problem. And it happens to me almost every mission at some point.

I've noticed that when this bug occurs, enemies do either extremely low damage, or none at all; I believe it's tied to the game recognizing you as mid dodge, and so lowers accuracy against you. Was testing weapons vs level 95 Corrupted Gunners in the Simulcram, bug occurred, Gunner couldn't hit me from two feet away (and was landing maybe one out of every 20 shots at 10-15 meters).

ever since i recieve U17 my melee would glitch out on me during any missions. for eample when im running a void mission i can melee for a bit, but as time past in the mission my melee wouldn't start working soo i'm stuck in that mission not being able to melee for the rest of the game. it would happen about every 1-2 games and its starting to annoy me. DE or anyone can you tell me how to fix thid bug plsssssssss. i'm desparate D:

It's not just melee. You can't roll or wall-latch until the game is over, and it probably stays even after you revive.

The only upside to this is that enemies somehow have very decreased accuracy and you have a nice damage reduction on your Tenno, just like whenever you roll.

I've had this happen numerous times. When my friend asked me if being downed would remove it, I tried to test, but noticed that enemies did very low damage to me. I was using the Ack and Brunt. Therefore, I think blocking is somehow involved.

I've noticed that when this bug occurs, enemies do either extremely low damage, or none at all; I believe it's tied to the game recognizing you as mid dodge, and so lowers accuracy against you. Was testing weapons vs level 95 Corrupted Gunners in the Simulcram, bug occurred, Gunner couldn't hit me from two feet away (and was landing maybe one out of every 20 shots at 10-15 meters).

Rolling reduces 75% of all damage taken during the rolling animation. As described by me above, the bug happens because the game thinks you are in perpetual state of rolling so you also get the permanent damage reduction for the rest of the mission.

as title says, when i combine bullet jump--->double jump--->air roll it most of the time makes me unable to roll or dodge, and disables melee attacks of all kinds, even when equipping melee

and the only way to fix it is die and revive, or if on uranus go to sharkwing then out

anyone else get this?

Description of the bug:

Since U17 i have been experiencing this bug in almost every mission, I press E but my swords don't come out (they don't attack). Even when I pull out my swords with holding F, I can't use them; it's like they're disabled or something. 

Unlike other bug reports about this issue I still can wall latch and roll.

Observations:

I found this bug to be very annoying especially since i just got Excalibur which kinda relies on his swords for his ult. I am quite sure the bug appears after a certain bullet jump combination because every time after I have done some weird jump, my swords get disabled. I experienced this with Dex dakra but also with bo prime so I don't think its weapon related. I think this bug is definitely linked to parkour 2.0.

I am sure other people are having this issue too and really would like to see a Hotfix for it.

Thanks in advance,

QuickDelay

Is there a way to prevent the bug from happening?

There is - sorta - don't go full Batman!

It happened a lot when I was just roll-bullet-glide-roll spamtastic the first few days - now I've dialed back the amount of button mashing I'm doing and its occurring much less frequently. 

I'm also fairly certain it only happens when a Roll animation is ended prematurely by the level geometry.

Such as rolling out of a glide a little too late - you're back on your feet and running along the floor but the engine has gotten stuck and thinks you're still in the roll animation - hence no moves for you and enemies go full stormtrooper because the game still believes you are mid-roll.

As the header says, this issue crops up frequently after performing specific actions like switching weapons, ziplining, wall-running, and even switching out of your equipment.

This issue has been around for a long while (even since early beta) and still pops up. This can be disabling or crippling to certain Warframes whose powers depend on being able to melee, (valkyr, excalibur), but I've seen it much more frequently since U17.

There's no way to fix it other than to exit the mission currently, and there are no workarounds. You simply have to deal with it until the mission is over.

I don´t know what specifically you are referring to , but as it seems , i had something similar , maybe the same bug today .

After switching weapons , i wasn´t able to melee at all . I also got great damage reductions from enemy fire and could not be knocked down . I think , somehow the game things you are always blocking , maybe ?

I wasn´t able to reproduce this occurance , so i am not sure if my theory is correct .

I have this issue as well, but I think it is worth mentioning that melee range in general has been decreased since 16.5. Try using the prisma dual cleavers, and you will see what I am talking about. Hopefully DE will fix both of these bugs soon.