The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Build

(PSN)marinebenology

Question

I'm relatively new to this game, but I had the privilege of receiving the ember prime set after a week or so from my brother. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. 

I have searched and found a plethora of build ideas, but they seem to be outdated. 

I was looking at a bunch of the corrupted mods, and would this combination work for a World on Fire 'build'?

fleeting expertise, overextended, narrow minded, blind rage, transient fortitude

and then i'm trying to figure out whether to use vigor, or use both vitality and redirection.

right now I have vitality, redirection, vigor, firequake, continuity, intensify, flow, and streamline. the last 6 being maxed out. 

Edited by (PS4)Anime_GAY-boy_69

Personal optimal build for me

tmqbPkP.jpg

A bit of everything, with WoF consuming 1.5 energy per second. I run non endless T4 with this with no problems, endless can suffer with lack of energy restore death orbs, but still can be usable but requiring more mobility. Of course I could slap a forma or two and add rush on exilus, but Im too lazy to do that.

my personal favourite:

Corrosive Projection - Max

Fleeting Expertise - 4

Streamline - 4

Firequake - Max

Primed Continuity - Max

Stretch - Max

Intensify - Max

Transient Fortitude - Max

Constitution - Max

have fun :)

Overextended is going to put a hurt on your Accelerant debuff, but with Narrow Minded it can see it being sort of necessary, if you don't have Primed Continuity.

Here's mine.

2016-01-06_00003_zpsns8kz83l.jpg

You can use Redirection or Vitality. Redirection can give you more of a buffer, while Vitality gives you a little bit more bulk EHP to survive a heavy hit. But I wouldn't use both, and certainly not Vigor as well.

This build works for anything that isn't really high level, Ember is very squishy so survivability trumps doing outright damage in my books. Note I changed my Aura slot to use Energy Siphon but Steel Charge will be fine also.

Primed Continuity(or normal continuity)

Overextended

Stretch

Transient Fortitude

Streamline

Vitality

Fleeting Expertise(rank 4)

Firequake(Syndicate Augment)

It may not look great but the CC keeps you safe and WoF boosted by Accelerant will kill up to about lvl 50, moreso for Infested. Also consider using Power drift for 15% more PWR STR. This build has a 100% knockdown chance for WoF with HUGE range and a 40m Accelerant stun which is spammable costing only 12 energy per cast. You will never be unable to use your abilities, just kill any energy leech eximus you see.

^ Specifically regarding a build requiring no forma.  How'd it work out for you Mumford?  Did it roll away your stone?

While WoF is active Ember is immune to energy drain from eximus. That's part of the allure of using modern Ember.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. Good tip :)

By the same token, Energy Siphon is largely worthless on her, as 100% uptime on WoF is pretty standard.

Guess I'll use CP then, thanks :)

The build I posted works though, enough range to CC a Ballista from sniping you with the 100% knockdown rate. I've tried using more power strength and dropping OE but Ember is just too fragile and requires a support player in the game to survive that way. The 40m or so Accelerant stun is rather nice also, lasts long enough to revive a Tenno and I build all my frames for teamwork.

Edited by Zilchy

Wow thanks for all of the replies, as of right now, I don't have any primed mods, so that's out of the question, instead I went with:

Intensify, Flow, Streamline, Blind rage, Overextended, Stretch, Vitality, and firequake. 

Brings me to 100% duration, 100% efficiency, 160% range, and 174% strength, should I swap any out for fleeting expertise, as duration isn't an issue for this build?

I feel terrible for spamming the forums with this pic from the wiki, but, here it is again:  http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4d/BNos4zK.png/revision/latest?cb=20151022163549

As you can see, duration (side) and efficiency (top) both affect WoF, and while the game will never display efficiency above 175, an efficiency of 190 will bring your cost down further if you're negative on duration.  The only hard cap is cost can be no less than 1/4 of the base cost.  

I'd recommend you drop the Blind Rage for Fleeting (maxed), and the Flow for Constitution or Continuity.  Toss in a power drift if you can (helps it's by far the easiest of the drift mods to grab).  If you go with Steel Charge, Continuity, and a R8 Vitality, you can fit all this in without a forma.  Looks like this:  http://goo.gl/mWeHaO.

You'll only be at 85% power strength, but huge range, and the cc from firequake is pretty much the only thing that keeps my fiery chicken alive.  You'll also be at minimum cost/second for World on Fire, which will really help with uptime - 1 energy orb will keep WoF up for 33 seconds.

Sidenote:  The important things about Ember's cc aren't affected by duration - the stun from Accelerant, and lifetime of the ring from Fire Blast, and knockdown duration of augmented WoF are all flat times that cannot be modified.  The only reason I recommended Continuity is per the linked chart, to maintain WoF at the minimum cost/second.

PS:  Baro will be bringing us Primed Continuity and Flow very soon.

PPS.  I'd strongly recommend an Atomos as your secondary.

Edit:

Zilchy, you and I are using almost the exact same build (the one Mumford linked is what I'm currently running) - I just haven't found the spare forma to get to her yet, so I'm still on Steel Charge for capacity.  I 100% agree with you, just wanted to make the note about ES - and by extension the Zenurik passive.

Edited Edit:  Mistake fixed

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the above post and realized duration affects the energy/second.

thanks! so with:

Intensify, Flow, Streamline, Fleeting, Overextended, and Continuity, (also have vitality, and firequake), my energy/second for WoF is 0.71

Edited by (PS4)Anime_GAY-boy_69

I feel terrible for spamming the forums with this pic from the wiki, but, here it is again:  http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4d/BNos4zK.png/revision/latest?cb=20151022163549

As you can see, duration (side) and efficiency (top) both affect WoF, and while the game will never display efficiency above 175, an efficiency of 190 will bring your cost down further if you're negative on duration.  The only hard cap is cost can be no less than 1/4 of the base cost.  

I'd recommend you drop the Blind Rage for Fleeting (maxed), and the Flow for Constitution or Continuity.  Toss in a power drift if you can (helps it's by far the easiest of the drift mods to grab).  If you go with Steel Charge, Continuity, and a R8 Vitality, you can fit all this in without a forma.  Looks like this:  http://goo.gl/mWeHaO.

You'll only be at 85% power strength, but huge range, and the cc from firequake is pretty much the only thing that keeps my fiery chicken alive.  You'll also be at minimum cost/second for World on Fire, which will really help with uptime - 1 energy orb will keep WoF up for 33 seconds.

Sidenote:  The important things about Ember's cc aren't affected by duration - the stun from Accelerant, and lifetime of the ring from Fire Blast, and knockdown duration of augmented WoF are all flat times that cannot be modified.  The only reason I recommended Continuity is per the linked chart, to maintain WoF at the minimum cost/second.

Edit:

Zilchy, you and I are using almost the exact same build (the one Mumford linked is what I'm currently running) - I just haven't found the spare forma to get to her yet, so I'm still on Steel Charge for capacity.  I 100% agree with you, just wanted to make the note about ES - and by extension the Zenurik passive.

Awesome, thanks so much for your advice! i'll check out the atomos

The only correction I would make is that the ring's duration is impacted by duration. But Fire Blast is rarely a good choice in any situation. It just doesn't offer much for the cost.

Until you get the right mods and can build up enough power strength to launch WoF's burn proc to ~75% (and with it the stun it applies), your best bet is to leverage on low cost/high range with Firequake.

With your efficiency that high, you may look into swapping out Flow. It's not really necessary. You can try Stretch instead if you want to go near-max range.

The only correction I would make is that the ring's duration is impacted by duration. But Fire Blast is rarely a good choice in any situation. It just doesn't offer much for the cost.

Thank you for fixing me on that.  I suspect my eyeballs skipped down to the line about radius not being affected by range in the wiki, but I've been operating under this misconception for a while.  It does sort of work as an extremely Walmart-ish Repelling Bastille chokepoint kinda gimmick XD

Gah, more edits.  OP, cost of WoF can never go below 0.75 energy per second.  1/4 of initial cost is the hard cap no matter what for any ability.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the above post and realized duration affects the energy/second.

thanks! so with:

Intensify, Flow, Streamline, Fleeting, Overextended, and Continuity, (also have vitality, and firequake), my energy/second for WoF is 0.71

As an experiment, try swapping out Intensify for Stretch. Ember really is squishy, the extra range helps sooo much. Besides if you were going to build for damage then you'd also drop Firequake as it's purely for CC and survivability. I also found very little use for Flow as the name of the game is managing the drain on WoF rather than hoping you won't run out of energy at am inconvenient time. Using a Carrier to vacuum up energy drops I never ran out of energy, dropping Flow for Transient Fortitude to boost my damage slightly while still having the CC of range mods and Firequake. The negative duration added from TF didn't effect my energy management. Edited by Zilchy

Edit:

Edited Edit:  Mistake fixed

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my weaponry which would've been smart since it's tailored to my build :/

Melee doesn't matter too much since getting close with Ember is ill-advised but if I'm not levelling something I use a fast striking ranged melee like Mios or Ninkondi with a Beserker Status build to keep close combat enemies at bay. My secondary is the Atomos(who doesn't?) because of the added damage from using Accelerant. I use a corrosive build on it because I like to melt Grineer and Ancient armour and Accelerant already boosts the heat damage enough already. Most importantly I use a Sancti Tigris as primary. Not only does it blow away stubborn enemies like Nullifiers which are a real pain for WoF builds but crucially the Syndicate aura replenishes Energy. Since it procs a LOT with WoF going it replaces my energy faster than WoF can drain it, which allows me to drop Flow and use Transient Fortitude to boost my damage by a fair margin.

Also for OP, don't discount the use of Accelerant while the duration is still ticking down. It's a spammable ability on this build and stuns enemies, making it a great "Oh S%#T" button. On this build the duration lasts long enough to revive someone and has a HUGE radius of about 42m. Btw for Aura slot, adding Power drift is optional for a damage boost but hey it's Ember, so I simply have to use Firewalker :D

Cwellan, glad I'm not the only one who prefers a CC build to pure damage on Ember :D  I use Zenurik focus as well but I'm very low on Focus points as I only just installed a greater lens on my Ember Prime.

Most importantly I use a Sancti Tigris as primary. Not only does it blow away stubborn enemies like Nullifiers which are a real pain for WoF builds but crucially the Syndicate aura replenishes Energy. Since it procs a LOT with WoF going it replaces my energy faster than WoF can drain it, which allows me to drop Flow and use Transient Fortitude to boost my damage by a fair margin.

Sancti weapons are from Loka. Loka gives health and max health, not energy. Suda and Veil give energy.

Hi everyone

ember is my favourite frame since i got her.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ember_prime/t_30_0200040020_2-5-10-4-3-5-5-6-5-6-2-5-34-8-5-55-7-5-411-1-10-479-4-8-481-0-8-615-9-5_481-12-411-8-6-11-4-9-479-12-2-6-5-9-55-11-34-5-615-9_0/en/1-0-4/0

this is my go to build to clear the whole star chart with no problems. T4 void until wave/minute 40 is also no problem. with this wof costs only 0.6 energy per sec and you can spam the hell out of accelerant. and spamming accelerant is the most important thing for me when playing ember.

when i play sorties i switch stretch or flow for firequake.

my playstyle is very active and im always in the middle of the action : jumping directly into a big group of enemys, casting accelerant while in the air on your way to the group, let wof kill all lower enemys and shoot big targets with your gun (mod for fire dmg at least a bit), look for the next group and repeat,

if you spam accelerant, and you should do it, you have no problem with survivability. you can also cast it while in bullet jump, without stop flying :)

i am not using firequake for lower enemys because you simply dont need it. the stun from accelerant and the fire proc from wof are enough CC for me for 90% of the game. everything is dying so fast ...

i feel no need for overextended with ember.  just with stretch you have a 30m range for accelerant and 21m for wof which is enough for me !

Edited by Headdie

Hi everyone

ember is my favourite frame since i got her.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ember_prime/t_30_0200040020_2-6-8-3-8-5-4-4-5-5-2-5-6-1-5-14-0-5-46-5-5-55-7-5-521-3-3-615-9-5_14-9-6-6-5-9-521-9-4-9-46-6-2-10-55-11-3-18-615-9_0/en/1-0-4/0

this is my go to build to clear the whole star chart with no problems. T4 void until wave/minute 40 is also no problem. with this wof costs only 0.6 energy per sec and you can spam the hell out of accelerant. and spamming accelerant is the most important thing for me when playing ember.

when i play sorties i switch stretch or flow for firequake.

my playstyle is very active and im always in the middle of the action : jumping directly into a big group of enemys, casting accelerant while in the air on your way to the group, let wof kill all lower enemys and shoot big targets with your gun (mod for fire dmg at least a bit), look for the next group and repeat,

if you spam accelerant, and you should do it, you have no problem with survivability. you can also cast it while in bullet jump, without stop flying :)

i am not using firequake for lower enemys because you simply dont need it. the stun from accelerant and the fire proc from wof are enough CC for me for 90% of the game. everything is dying so fast ...

i feel no need for overextended with ember.  just with stretch you have a 30m range for accelerant and 21m for wof which is enough for me !

Err are you sure you linked the right build? The one you posted has both Firequake and Overextended in it.

Then why does my energy go up everytime it procs? I'm not even kidding, I see my Energy go up in big jumps, not gradual. Maybe it's just all the energy orbs being sucked in when the proc destroys trash mobs then.

The energy restoration syndicate procs only give Ember 37.5 energy (a quarter of her 150 base energy), which is irrelevant with as much efficiency as most of you run. If you're noticing big jumps while WoF is active, that's multiple energy orbs.

That is almost a minute of WoF uptime, and dry spells of blueberries do happen - or my luck is just garbage.  Plus the Syn Sim and Reknos are both amazing and would be worth maining even without Entropy and Blight, especially the Reknos given how natural of a choice the Atomos is for a secondary, and for the 25m radial viral proc.