The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Neko Cat Frame (Updated)

Barrett_Linwei8

Thanks to my friend VanquishedSpider on deviantarthe worked hard for the reference

cat_warframe_concept_by_vanquishedspider

Power: 120 (180.0 at rank 30)

Health: 80 (125.0 at rank 30)

Shield: 75 (225.0 at rank 30)

Shield Recharge: 12.9

Armor: 80

Sprint Speed: 1.2

Polarity: 2x Madurai (20px-Madurai_Pol.svg.png) 2x Vazarin (20px-Vazarin_Pol.svg.png) 1x Naramon (20px-Naramon_Pol.svg.png)

Abilities:

Ability A: Tail Whip -

25 energy cost

"Showing off who has the strongest tail! Stronger than a buff arm in an arm wrestle"!

Varies from 3 unique attacks depending on the enemy whether tall/high, mid-range, or low. Purpose is knockdown/stun the individual target, if weak enough then instant kill. Strength of 250 / 350 / 450 / 500 damage with bonus impact damage.

Tall Enemies - When using Tail Whip on tall enemies Neko , using her strong forepaws/legs, will jump high do a somersault flip smashing her tail down upon the tall enemy's head knocking them down head first to the ground.

Mid-range Enemies - When using Tail Whip on mid-range enemies Neko will perform a roundhouse kick, counter-clockwise, with her tail; only using her forepaw/leg as tail support causing double the impact damage 2× sending the enemy into a ragdoll state of being.

Low Enemies - When using Tail Whip on low enemies Neko would simply crouch in a sitting position put her left foot across her right foot and pull off a full 360 degree circle rotation letting her tail do a clean sweep of the low enemy leaving them stunned for being tail slapped!

●Neko's tail is around 1.5 to 2.0 meters long so there is a chance to initially hit a second enemy with her tail by chance

●May cause instant kill for enemies 4-20 depending on your level as Neko, Useful for strong enemies. Beware of damage taken don't go acting all derpy using this power.

Ability B: Mud Pie -

50 energy cost

Duration: 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds

"A form of dirty fighting and cheap moves"

Neko uses her tail and left foreleg/paw to spin in a clockwise position while her right leg supports the spin and balance to assure results. Flinging dirt, mud, metal, depending on the terrain into the face and eyes of the targets within 8 / 12 / 15 / 25 meters blinding them for 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds.

Affected enemies are without a doubt stunned and seen rubbing their faces or eyes while mud or metal bits are falling to the ground where they stand for the remainder of the duration.

●Enemies blinded are open to finishers.

●Can be used only on ground level of the terrain including metal terrains. Also on ground level the ability can be used while running, attacking, blocking, and sliding.

●Mud Pie does not affect enemies behind obstacles in the environment unless Neko has a direct line of sight, or unless the enemy is aware of Neko within a short period of time ( ex: an enemy that spots Neko and runs out of view is still susceptible to Mud Pie if the ability is used within a small time frame ).

●Useful for Spy Missions, Security Cameras will deactivate their laser barriers for the duration.

●Useful for picking up allies in tight situations.

●Has a casting time of 2 seconds and a reuse delay of 5 seconds.

Ability C: Furocity -

75 energy cost

Duration: 7 / 10 / 15 / 20

"Is meant to be used as a combo with Neko abilities while giving support to allies depending on the Warframe".

Going on all fours and hisses increases weapon's damage of her and all nearby allies within 15 / 20 / 23 / 25 meters while increasing both Neko's attack speed and mobility speed by 5% / 10% / 12% / 18%. Also increases her Warframe armor, and shield while decreasing health loss and shield recharge time so when fired upon becoming more damage resistant.

Do to strong forelegs/paws, increases jump height. Suitable for more effective wall run jumps to hard to reach places or getting to better ground level to continue her assault.

●Energy Drain enemies are a hazard for a players using Furocity.

While Furocity is active Neko become extraordinarily flexible enabling her to bypass and deflect incoming projectiles. Neko alters the trajectory of incoming projectiles with an auto dodge and intercept, sending incoming projectiles with noticeable flight time (ex: Deras, Plasma Rifle, Ogris, and Pyrotechnic Ogris) back to the original sender or to nearby enemies within a 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meter radius. However weapons with no flight time, almost all weapons may still bypass; though it doesn't matter much cause you're close to taking very little damage.

●During Furocity, however, does not make Neko immune to all forms of damage or crowd control .

●During Furocity you leave yourself vulnerable to Status Effect, staggers, and knockdowns.

●Area-of-Effect attacks and explosions (ex: Shockwave MOA attacks, Ignis area damage, and Seismic Shockwaves).

~things of that nature

Ability D: Echolocation

Neko uses her feline predator instincts to concentrate on listening to her environmental surroundings.

Using her acute ears Neko can foresee a mental map of her surroundings with the sound enabling her to see anything invisible, traps, syndicate Medallions, and she can see hidden rooms treasure and even enemies behind, above, and below walls all in an infrared sight hue which would drain -8 energy per sec 

Animations

Spoiler

Noble

Spoiler

"Showing off her more confident side as an independent Tenno".

Her legs are spread apart and her arms are on her hips to give off her best confident posture while her head is tilted ever so slightly to the left as her tail sways left and right in a calm motion.

When waiting long enough: she will lift her right hand/paw from her right side hip. Take out her drill index claw and thumb claw put them together and proceed to rotate the claws together emitting sparks and steam till at the final moment break the build up of the steam leaving a spark ball floating just above her index finger (like a basketball player spinning a basketball). After this act she looks straight ahead or at the player (depending on angle of rotation or camera) looks back at her created spark then diffuses the spark by taking her right paw and moving it through the spark quickly, as if putting out a lit up match. Then proceeds to her default confident posture once more.

Agile

Spoiler

"Her animal instincts is key to a successful mission complete".

(This is hard to explain).....Like a cat ready to pounce upon her victims! She's deep in a predatory crouch position, her legs are far spread out and bent slightly inwards. Her left arm rest on the ground while her right arm is up in the air as her tail swings violently in the air, left to right in a circular whip like motion. Her head is up and alert ears flicker from time to time ready to spot her next prey.

When waiting long enough: Neko will go into a domestic cat crouch and simply take her right arm and caress her ear like a regular cat then rubs her tail in a petting manner proceeding back to default predatory posture.

(Not to happy about the agile? let me tell you how she holds her weapons so you know this is possible...maybe you'll change your mind)!

Spoiler

Primary:

Regular Agile animation except the right arm holds the rifle on her back ready to shoot!

Secondary:

Regular Agile animation except the right arm holds the secondary far out to the right.

Dual Secondary:

Regular Agile animation with the right arm still holding the secondary far to the right, while her left arm holds the other gun close to her left side cheek (about two inches away) ready to fire

Melee: melee usually doesn't have a custom animation sorry

Lore

Spoiler

"....there was once a girl, she was no less the age of about ten a very rebellious girl she was, but had a kind heart and always helped those in need, so I heard. Apparently everyone says she vanished near an excavation site around roughly 5-6 am the reason she was there is beyond my knowledge. It's a shame to lose the youth in the hands of fate so early. May she find peace...wherever she may be..."

Neko is a Dirty Fighter/beast base Warframe in which she uses her strong tail and legs to deal an incredible amount of damage. She's no juggernaut but she definitely no push over. Using her drill like cat claws to send sparks fly to her enemies. If she can't find a shield to protect herself against the enemy why not use the enemy as the shield! Using her unearthly beast strength she is able to put almost any evil doer in a grip lock they won't escape from but it will take every muscle in her body to focus on her grip locking!

The young Warframe, the noob of the bunch with the attitude and trust issues.

She strongly gets along with Mesa as her friend and bad role model, Valkyr as her one sided friend, and Volt....as Volt

She learns to use her powers efficiently and become another reliable member of the Tennos...

I hope you guys enjoyed the concept! Concept Art on the frame is still at work

Edited by Barrett_Linwei8

no i am not.

Okay someone needs to help me not be confused.

Are you saying my frame is just like Valkyr?

Are you saying Valkyr is like my frame?

I don't get it

But i feel like VanquishedSpider and I worked really hard y'know

Nevermind im not confused anymore! And also ANYBODY can War Cry but that doesn't mean its cat related

Warriors War Cry all the time, thats where the name originates from

I a

Okay someone needs to help me not be confused.

Are you saying my frame is just like Valkyr?
Are you saying Valkyr is like my frame?
I don't get it

But i feel like VanquishedSpider and I worked really hard y'know

I am saying that valkyr's ult and neko's ult are almost the exact same skill. P.S where did my previous comment go?

I a

I am saying that valkyr's ult and neko's ult are almost the exact same skill. P.S where did my previous comment go?

You made a previous comment?im sorry idkwhere it went, but i can assure you i didn't delete it. Idk how to

And also which Alt? Ability C or D?

So that i may tell you what's differnt in the best way i can

P.S I respect your opinion very much so you guys are helping me make a better frame

I must not have saved my previous comment, but anyways it said about Neko is too simular to Nekros unless you add a master apprentice kind of relation and I know that Valkyr is friends with Neko and Neko would watch her and develop moves like her but maybe add some more uniqueness to her c and d skills also that the fan art was really cool.

Edited by Wimaxe

I must not have saved my previous comment, but anyways it said about Neko is too simular to Nekros unless you add a master apprentice kind of relation and I know that Valkyr is friends with Neko and Neko would watch her and develop moves like her but maybe add some more uniqueness to her c and d skills also that the fan art was really cool.

Thank you i'll work on her C and D

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

Thsnk you and yeah she does need tweeking but i dont know where the tweeking should be exactly. What should be tweeked in your opinion?

too much op if my cat were a warframe i dont think he will have 300 armor maybe 50? 500 shield and 120 health i think that the abilities are too valkyr like and 3 4 are so similar you must change it  i see neko as a highly potential warframe for spy and capyture mission so i made some abilities that may help for that

echolocation

neko concentartes..breathes...closes his eyes...she is listening...she sees

using her acute ears neko can imagine a mental map with the sound of all it drains 15/10/5 energy per sec and she can see hidden rooms treasure and even enemies behind walls

i think tail whip is too much op i would change it for something n like neko grabs enemies from behind closing his mouth in this mode neko cant attack so her only option is taking his obective to a closed room to beat him alone

predator jump

neko uses her powerful leg to charge a jump if used on enemies neko ngrabs his enemy in air and when she reaches the ground again she nstarts to scrath him if used inn walls it can be like rip line valkyr ability making she able to jump between large canyons

thats all sorry for my bad english i hope you ind my ideas useful also if you see somewhere posts cretee by me please check them ;)

18 hours ago, Helseythe said:

I have to say that Valkyr and your Neko frame have very similar ultimate, both have claws in their aspects lol

its true their Alt is very alike the only aspect that is different is the gabbing Mechanic i put for Neko, however options for a cat....is very limited when it comes to Alts of felines.....all they do is scratch XD

18 hours ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

too much op if my cat were a warframe i dont think he will have 300 armor maybe 50? 500 shield and 120 health i think that the abilities are too valkyr like and 3 4 are so similar you must change it  i see neko as a highly potential warframe for spy and capture mission so i made some abilities that may help for that

echolocation

neko concentrates..breathes...closes his eyes...she is listening...she sees

using her acute ears neko can imagine a mental map with the sound of all it drains 15/10/5 energy per sec and she can see hidden rooms treasure and even enemies behind walls

i think tail whip is too much op i would change it for something n like neko grabs enemies from behind closing his mouth in this mode neko cant attack so her only option is taking his objective to a closed room to beat him alone

predator jump

neko uses her powerful leg to charge a jump if used on enemies neko grabs her enemy in air and when she reaches the ground again she starts to scratch him if used inn walls it can be like rip line valkyr ability making she able to jump between large canyons

thats all sorry for my bad english i hope you ind my ideas useful also if you see somewhere posts cretee by me please check them ;)

WOW....you are right...why did i make her so TANKY LOL she's a cat for goodness sake I shall make edits to her status....

I'm also appreciating the Echolocation ability for it fits the cats aspect in sound and it's lore friendly. Im going to have to keep ability 3 for I cannot see the aspects that of being related to Valkyr but Ability 4 has to go.

I'll replace ability 4 with your Echolocation as the Alt. As for replacing Tail Whip with Predictor Jump can you explain a little more clear? The grammar i couldn't quite read it.

Just now, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

WOW....you are right...why did i make her so TANKY LOL she's a cat for goodness sake I shall make edits to her status....

I'm also appreciating the Echolocation ability for it fits the cats aspect in sound and it's lore friendly. Im going to have to keep ability 3 for I cannot see the aspects that of being related to Valkyr but Ability 4 has to go.

I'll replace ability 4 with your Echolocation as the Alt. As for replacing Tail Whip with Predictor Jump can you explain a little more clear? The grammar i couldn't quite read it.

bad english v: the next message will be written by a friend who can explain a little bit more that i can