Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea (Concept Art + Stats)

razoretti

Name: Volucris

Role: mage/escape/melee

14akil5.jpg

Concept is not finished yet, i'll be trying to update it ASAP.

Fast design description - A drak themed warframe. It's design is dark and related to stealth with dark power basis. This frame color set is dark blue which fits her playstyle. She cover in shadows, fakes retreat and put enemies into confusion. Her primarly used energy color is purple which brings up association with darky/voodoo-like theme. Her helmet is designed to look like bird of prey head like raven or eagle. Overall concept is roaming around pagan/shaman magics if we talk about her skills and style. Helmet contains most of energy tubes and visor which is related to her skills of vision when casting 3rd spell. As she is kind of speedy frame, her feet design is made to look like augumented mechanisms which supports running fueled by energy orb inserted near the ankle. It's also not realy armored frame, so her armor covers only few places on her body which is breast, legs and head.

Spells:

1: Pitch Black - Volucris releases black

substance path behind her on the floor slowing

and damaging all enemies that are on it.

Effect: Black liquid flows from her crotch and stays on the 

ground on the travel line.

Duration: 6,7,8,9  Slow: 40%

Damage: x,x,x,75/per sec

Cost: 25

2: Black Infusion - Charges her melee weapon

with black liquid which violently spreads around

with each slash damaging enemies in range.

360 degrees/10 in-game meters.

Effect: Black liquid appears on weapon with little of purple

energy which gain more luminescence while atacking.

Splashes are appearing while attacking.

Duration: 10,12,14,16

Cost: 50

3: Blacklight - Volucris consumes all light around

her and activates her sensors which

enables her to see enemies in the dark. Enemies

can’t see Volucris until she breaks the distance

of 5 in-game meteres.  Puts enemies in alert stance.

Effect: Everything becomes nearly black with a small 

light around tennos. All enemies and room curves

are higlighted with a purple outline for whole tenno team. (effect similar to banshee sonar cast animation)

Duration: 15,18,21,24

Cost: 75

4: Confuse - Volucris deeply focuses on her dark

powers and create alternate avatars of herself 

which engages in melee on closest enemies.

Effect: Avatars looks like Volucris, but are made of

purple energy. 

Duration: 15,20,25

Avatar hit point/shield modifier: 1,5x

Cost: 100

Synergies:

1+4 - avatars leaves path behind them

2+4 - make avatars splash for 25% of damage

1+2 - every unit that is on the Pitch Black path takes additional damage of 50 when hitting anytarget with melee.

UPDATED SYNERGY - 1+3 - spreads black liquid around Volucris in 40 meter radius

DISCLAIMER!!!!

I've tried to make all number stuff ballanced, but i'm not realy sure if it isn't overpowered, so I can take a while and sit down to get some maths on the board and make it less lethal, especially when we're talking about synergies which greatly increases overall damage from her skills. I see some possibilites like lowering damage and slightly energy cost, to make castig multiple skills at once to aquire synergies, which combiner will be a good way to put some fun in merging skills to have utilityies that differ from other frames. I think it's a good way to put some alteration to this scheme of skills - 2 damage/1 utility/1 100 energy winbutton.

This is by far one of the best suggestions i've read on the forums! Thank you for sharing your awesome idea with us!

Of course there will be some controversy on the balance (as with every suggestion), but still... extremely well thought! The raven -ish design is awesome and the powers... oh man they are so interesting, they sound so usefull and fun and well scaling, just pure awesomeness. I really really hope this will make it into the game one day!

I hope you don't mind a constructive critique - since warframes fit tennos, the head is covered by the helmet, your warframe appears to have no structure that could contain a human head, it's missing the lower mandible and chin, it looks like an alien species instead of an organic armor, unless I'm missing something >.>;

I hope you don't mind a constructive critique - since warframes fit tennos, the head is covered by the helmet, your warframe appears to have no structure that could contain a human head, it's missing the lower mandible and chin, it looks like an alien species instead of an organic armor, unless I'm missing something >.>;

It looks like the part that hangs down is just an extension of the face plate (like a beard). There does seems to be a jaw line, its just hard to see because of the colors. Imagine Nova's helmet with a big triangle plastered onto the front. It only looks weird if you assume the round bit is an eye.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

up and up@ now you insult artist ;D

That "part" hanging thing is a beak.and its clearly a helmet fitting Tenno lore.

Edit: Quote cant work with me :(

I believe its his idea, and his picture

Wanna something else? Feel free to post it when you do it..

Edited by PiotrGracz

That "part" hanging thing is a beak.and its clearly a helmet fitting Tenno lore.

jpvi1207, on 28 Aug 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:snapback.png 

make her head less bird like, put spines aroun her head and make a dark trail coming from her fore-arms

oh watchout, we got a badass over here!

jpvi1207, on 28 Aug 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:snapback.png 

make her head less bird like, put spines aroun her head and make a dark trail coming from her fore-arms

I was just explaining to the previous poster what he/she was looking at and where the jaw was. At no point did I say it didn't fit, nor did I suggest any change. No need to get pissy.

It looks like the part that hangs down is just an extension of the face plate (like a beard). There does seems to be a jaw line, its just hard to see because of the colors. Imagine Nova's helmet with a big triangle plastered onto the front. It only looks weird if you assume the round bit is an eye.

I wasn't refering to the beak shape. It appears the jaw line is missing,

This is something I did in five seconds but It should give an idea of what I mean

This head doesn't fit the current helmet, the chin and jaw stay out of it if you overlay the redlines

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4e3f5d90fd053bf29a7028e71ff35f46/tumblr_ms9g8rXieJ1s9sbqmo2_400.jpg

This head fits the helmet but the neck is too long and the head appears to be looking up

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbd9be66203424da3313e5d8b3037413/tumblr_ms9g8rXieJ1s9sbqmo1_400.jpg

I was just explaining to the previous poster what he/she was looking at and where the jaw was. At no point did I say it didn't fit, nor did I suggest any change. No need to get &!$$y.

Karma i think the top line was sarcasam (refrencing beaks as tenno lore, unless theres something i missed about the tenno lol) and the second part was aimed at the person he quoted. Lets play nice guys!

There can be adjustmend made, for sure. I just focused on stylish look, not the realy authentic side, which seems not to be a good idea. Anyways it's game, everything can happen. And no, i'm not excuse myself. It was just an intent to make it more like bird and less human. Anyway - i agree with you. It can be made more fitting. And I'll put my best to make it look like it should. More to it - I plan to release more of concepts. Stay tuned. Thx for all posts, besides off-top of course. :)

I meant there is a jaw, it's just hard to see as there is little contrast. It's poorly defined/rounded much like Nova's. 

Aaahh I'll just give up, I don't think I can explain it any better without showing the redlines, but I won't post them because that'd be rude to the artist.

Regarding Nova.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/00df236975051abdc5dc4d5102caea47/tumblr_ms9h6lSIU41s9sbqmo1_400.jpg

Edited by nebulosa

There can be adjustmend made, for sure. I just focused on stylish look, not the realy authentic side, which seems not to be a good idea. Anyways it's game, everything can happen. And no, i'm not excuse myself. It was just an intent to make it more like bird and less human. Anyway - i agree with you. It can be made more fitting. And I'll put my best to make it look like it should. More to it - I plan to release more of concepts. Stay tuned. Thx for all posts, besides off-top of course. :)

cool, as far as I remember all warframes helmet contain a head, except maybe Frost, it doesn't convince me xD

Sorry that I interrupt you, but... the helmet, as everyone can read here - i get your point nebulosa, and - as I mentioned before - it's about little more touch to it maybe (with enough time i'll get it done). Anyway, I think this topic is fullfiled as being discussed all along, so i suggest to stick to the bottom of the problem - overall design, and other mismatches/holes in the project and ballances as I need to see if this is something worth my work. :) 

Yeah, I do it with so much pleasure. :)

Sorry that I interrupt you, but... the helmet, as everyone can read here - i get your point nebulosa, and - as I mentioned before - it's about little more touch to it maybe (with enough time i'll get it done). Anyway, I think this topic is fullfiled as being discussed all along, so i suggest to stick to the bottom of the problem - overall design, and other mismatches/holes in the project and ballances as I need to see if this is something worth my work. :) 

Yeah, I do it with so much pleasure. :)

heh sorry for going off topic >.>;

Regarding concept the design could use some more shapes that stand out from the body - my personal favorite designs are Saryn, Trinity and Bashee. Varition in texture is also missing and you should consider, she looks all smooth with the exception of the helmet - not sure how to give better feedback there but looking closely to the official warframes shoud help you better :P