Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe: Shard

Bloodraptor

Hello everyone!

Made this an individual thread regarding the full concept for my Warframe, Shard. The early concepts for it plus the full concept for my first Warframe Anubis are here https://forums.warfr...rs-random-arts/

Shard's powers are based on my desire to do a female counterpart to Rhino in the tough "tank" role while having unique powers that make her stand out. I thought of a bony plated Warframe that would use their plated both offensively and defensively.

As with Anubis I have a few basic skill ideas that give an indication of how the Warframe migth play and welcome any constructive criticism or ideas to flesh out the powers selection.
*EDIT* (Fixed unevenness of breast line and matched the purple plate lines more closely).
original_warframe_concept__shard_by_vicd
1. Defiant Retaliation: Shard extends her plates and angles them so she deflects all incoming projectile damage back at her attackers at the cost of taking 25% of damage received.

2. Rolling Death: Shard rolls into a ball and uses her plates as razors to roll around and cause damage to enemies and breaking containers (explosive or loot). The rolling mechanic and damaging would be similar to the Shredder balls the grineer use. Weaker enemies may be ground into chunks and stronger ones would be knocked down. This would last for a limited time and would be controllable for strategic use.

Let me know what you guys think!

Long-coming second version of my OC Warframe Shard. I softened and feminized the musculature a bit more yet kept her solid and athletic to fit into the strong physical tanking role I designed her for. I also gave a more layered jagged look rather than raised bony plates and flowing razor shard growths in a more natural moulding from the limbs. The headpiece now has no "hair" and has a spiked crown shape framing her head.

warframe_shard_concept_v2_by_vicdelacruz

Edited by Bloodraptor

iiii like this :3

funny that here are not the people which say " let the designing the designers"

that looks pretty good and i love ur colouring style :3 rly lovely

also very much details, which i dont have the nerves for :D

would be nice if you could look into my thread's, maybe you could give me some tips. ^3^

Edited by Djula

She looks hawt. And a real pain in the &#! for the enemies. If you were a member of the design council, maybe you could have a word in WF development. :P, would like to see some of your ideas being implemented.

Indeed! But suffering from the Starving Artist Syndrome I can't afford the council pack just yet lol. Definitely support and love the game enough to do so though!

Thanks for the support!

Another great design mate! Would be awesome if these design got into the game...plz DE? just put it in? :D

Thank you! I don't have enough of an ego to think these are instant shoe-ins, but would love dev feedback and would fall back in my chair if they ever got into the game!

iiii like this :3

funny that here are not the people which say " let the designing the designers"

that looks pretty good and i love ur colouring style :3 rly lovely

also very much details, which i dont have the nerves for :D

would be nice if you could look into my thread's, maybe you could give me some tips. ^3^

Hmm, unless the artist themselves present an arrogant attitude I think it is mean to just tell a fan not to design stuff inspired by something they love. Thanks a lot for the compliments and I will be stopping by your thread soon to return the kindness!

Hmm, unless the artist themselves present an arrogant attitude I think it is mean to just tell a fan not to design stuff inspired by something they love. Thanks a lot for the compliments and I will be stopping by your thread soon to return the kindness!

jippiiieeeeee ^0^

I want to learn how to draw like that :( That's freaking awesome btw. Spice up Anubis like this when you have the time and if the Devs don't implement those we'll have a nice little trip to Digital Extremes ^_^

Hehe may do it actually, also crack at a weapon sometime. :)

Looks rly awesome dude, love the details and would rly be a good idea for a female Tank-Frame ^^ looks pretty much like a tank and the rolling skill sounds pretty funny, would like to see that frame in-game.

Thank you. Wanted to make something that looked fun and was distinct from the other frames!

Very good, deffently looks far more like a war frame then your Anubis design did. But one thing bothers me is how to me the breast tissue doesn't look properly conected to the chest.

I do notice the angle of the right breast is a bit lower than the left. The lifted edges however, are a theme of the suit and are plated slivers. If anything I wanted to simulate a bustier or corset top than a peeled breast!

Thanks for the feedback!