Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons balances destroyed! wtf is going on!?

Montiblanc

Gorgon with 30 damage fire rate 16.7 acc 100 clip 100

among many other weapons upgraded except Snipetron (& few others) with all its hassles leaving it behind in the dust completely destroying all weapon balances

or is all this changed info displaying in shop bugged?

gms? u there?

here let me add some other of the different stats i see in shop

Rifles

Burston damage20 fire rate25 Acc100 Clip48

Mk-1 Braton damage13.2 fire rate8.3 Acc25 Clip48

Strun damage120 fire rate1.7 Acc20 Clip5

Braton damage16 fire rate15 Acc25 Clip48

Latron damage30 fire rate4.2 Acc100 Clip15

Boar damage60 fire rate5 Acc10 Clip10

Pistols

Lato damage18 fire rate5.8 Acc100 Clip15

Furis damage9 fire rate16.7 Acc100 Clip32

Sicarus damage24 fire rate15 Acc100 Clip15

Lex damage45 fire rate0.8 Acc100 Clip6

ARE ALL THESE BUGGED NUMBERS IM SEEING OR WHAT?

Edited by Montiblanc

I think this information is correct, cuz If you shoot anyone's head(without crit) you'll have damage that is listed in second msg. I bought snipertron, It dealed 98-110 dmg, my gorgon(I understood It's imba weapon :)) deals 25-36... So.... That information is correct :)

Mb, only accuracy is wrong: my gogron is often missing :) Even snipertron do misses

Edited by DaGuT

wow whole game balance is destroyed then....devs should hold polls on what stats to pick for weapons instead of just setting it to watever they want

which is something i hope they do wen they get back most r on holiday and only few left to hold the fort feel sorry for em

Edited by Montiblanc

I think they updated the numbers recently. I clearly remember the damage on the MK-1 Braton was listed as 12 and Gorgon used to be 10. I thought that was a bit off since an unranked MK-1 Braton pinged 4 damage on Grineer and a Gorgon was hitting 8. I don't think they actually changed the damage the guns, just corrected the display. Although 100 accuracy clearly isn't correct.

Balances will be tweaked continuously as needed, feedback helps! There needs to be pros/cons to each weapon making them all useful for certain objectives, the problem is figuring out how to do so at a steady rate but the more we talk to them about it the faster things can be changed

Gorgon with 30 damage fire rate 16.7 acc 100 clip 100

among many other weapons upgraded except Snipetron (& few others) with all its hassles leaving it behind in the dust completely destroying all weapon balances

or is all this changed info displaying in shop bugged?

The Gorgon is also balanced with its cost, difficulty of acquisition, slow reload time, its hilarious inaccuracy when unaimed, and the fact that it takes about two seconds to spin up to max fire rate.

It is the best weapon for engaging a room full of closely-packed targets or murdering the Jackal, but it isn't exactly "completely destroying all weapon balance", because if you prefer run and gun, the shotgun or Braton are somewhat better. It just meshes well with a lot of playstyles.

Oh wow. Deep breath.

Numbers don't reflect spin-up time, but it shows the Gorgon is potentially brutal. I fixed the ACC and DMG displays this weekend so that it shows what the values are while aimed.

There haven't been *any* changes to the actual game values, only a quick fix for ACC/DMG displays. All the values are tuned by play feel (which accounts for subtle effects) not in a spreadsheet.

That said: I do have a spreadsheet and I am working on a DPS formula + new stat display that will improve comparison. We track all weapon type kills to make sure there isn't some lame optimal strategy or weak weapon that is ignored. The stats show we have work to do, but it doesn't show the Gorgon is winner.

Please take a moment to hear me out: comparison of Warframe weapons is *intentionally* not easy. We want all our weapons to have a role, not just X is better than Y is better than Z. That means giving them depth vs. DMG++. For example - our melee weapons all have playstyle differences... one might have better damage, but weaker heavy. One might have better criticals, but slower attacks. One might have multihit but be slower. Guns might have wind up times, pistols might have triplet bursts. I will make the stats show these subte differences but keep in mind, even then, sometimes you'll have to try it out and see if you like the 'style' of play it affords.

I hope this makes sense.

PS: Yes, I'll still make the stats better.

Whats up with the Latron though?

Its a long-range gun that does.. 10 damage? Slow fire rate...? and isnt all that accurate?

I bought it for 50k and felt like I just threw the money down the drain. The gun is horrible at it's current state, my pistols kill things faster, more accuratley, and do more damage then this "Super accurate semi-auto rifle"

"I fixed the ACC and DMG displays this weekend so that it shows what the values are while aimed."

Dear DESteve ;) Snipertron sometimes has misses, so the information, that acc is 100, is not correcct, is it? ;)

And is GORGON acc 100?????????????? lol Wont believe it ;)

Whats up with the Latron though?

Its a long-range gun that does.. 10 damage? Slow fire rate...? and isnt all that accurate?

I bought it for 50k and felt like I just threw the money down the drain. The gun is horrible at it's current state, my pistols kill things faster, more accuratley, and do more damage then this "Super accurate semi-auto rifle"

I haven't had any problems with the Latron. It's reasonably accurate at long range, and although it doesn't have an automatic fire rate, it returns to its full accuracy very, very quickly. I can put a lot of damage far downrage really, really quickly. Not as much as my Gorgon, however, which is surprisingly accurate for a machine gun in short bursts even at long range... >_>

I dig the Latron. It's easy to get nothing but headshots with it and combined with it's high rate of fire compared to the snipetron I think its damage is competetive with the other weapons. I actually didn't like the Gorgon when I tried it because it wasn't as great at long range kills, and I use Aklatos for short to mid as they're also easy to get pure headshots with.

Considering the amount of shotgun ammo that drops so much more often vs everything else....

Not far from the truth ^.^

Actually It's pistol ammo still :) 20 bullets picked up at a time and more often instead of 10 from shotguns so niceeee

I haven't had any problems with the Latron. It's reasonably accurate at long range, and although it doesn't have an automatic fire rate, it returns to its full accuracy very, very quickly. I can put a lot of damage far downrage really, really quickly. Not as much as my Gorgon, however, which is surprisingly accurate for a machine gun in short bursts even at long range... >_>

Yeah I feel pretty confident shooting with my gorgon long range holding down the button, with multi shot + puncture/etc they still die as if they're close. I also am using the Strun and a few other weapons. It pretty much seems any weapon does well as long as you have good mods for them and they're high enough rank.

Edited by Kunieda

Actually It's pistol ammo still :) 20 bullets picked up at a time and more often instead of 10 from shotguns so niceeee

Yes! And i killing almost any enemy from 2 shoots, and for mini-bosses like grenadiers there is something like 10 shoots needeed, but with that 0.5 second reload speed i can do it very fast) And i will never run out of ammo even if i use that pistol only. And that pistol is somehow very accurate even from the distances.

He have only one weakness - hard to lvl up from the start, before he becoming op)

Edited by PuppetMaster

Not to mention, the bolto, once maxed out in stats, is an automatic revolver with 30 rounds that can be fired as fast as you can press the mouse button lmao.

The Gorgon is quite bad but inaccuracy at longer distances mtitgates this huge unfairness to a degree. The first shots fired from almost every gun is uber accurate which makes sense and is also a real life thing so thats not an issue. More swords plz :P

Not to mention, the bolto, once maxed out in stats, is an automatic revolver with 30 rounds that can be fired as fast as you can press the mouse button lmao.

The Gorgon is quite bad but inaccuracy at longer distances mtitgates this huge unfairness to a degree. The first shots fired from almost every gun is uber accurate which makes sense and is also a real life thing so thats not an issue. More swords plz :P

The Gorgon if you're firing short bursts for accuracy is basically a Latron in terms of DPS because of its spinup. Its main overpowering advantage, I think, is that its magazine size is so large that its +Clip upgrades actually significantly increase the amount of ammo you have, which could be fixed by making +Clip upgrades enhance spare ammunition capacity as well for all other guns. This would make them more useful for things like the Bronco and Lex.

So therefore, I think the Latron needs to be buffed by about 50% damage-wise so it does as much damage per-shot as the Lex. This would, not coincidentally, make it so that it can semi-reliably instantly kill enemies on headshots, which would make it a really awesome skill weapon. If you're very fast and accurate on the trigger you can kill six guys a second with repeated headshots.

Edited by MJ12