Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini-Map Colors, Enemy Alertness And You.

Renan.Ruivo

So i've noticed a few things on a recent infected extermination mission. When the mini-map was blue, i couldn't hear a single soul besides the usual background noise (it was on the asteroid base tileset). When it was gray, i could see waypoints that were either standing still or moving in a predictable pattern, and very slowly. Still couldn't hear anything.

When it was orange, i could see the waypoints moving about at a faster pace, but i was at an hiding point and they did not have a direct line-of-sight of me.

When it was dark red all the waypoints came charging at me no matter where i was.

So after observing this i draw the following conclusions (and forgive me if i'm late to this party):

Blue means there are no enemies around

Gray means there are enemies around, but they are not aware of you

Orange means they are aware of you, but don't know your position.

Dark red means they are aware of you and know where you are and are coming to break your back, F*** you in the &#! and make you humble.

Now, this was just a one case scenario where i couldn't do much experimentation to actual prove this theory, but it seemed to make sense. Also, being as we are in Beta still, if this is the start of an actual stealth mechanic and enemy alertdness system, it's probably a little bugged, but it has been progressing to a point where now the colors seem to make some sense.

I'd like to ask, if possible, to someone from the staff if this observation is correct?! Is this the base "code" for an alertdness system and stealth buff?!

Thanks for your attention!