Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"i Am Frost." - I Need More Warframes!

SilverBones

I am Frost.

I stand, unmoved. The chill of the air around me is a comfort that I often do not have time to appreciate. The tingling sensation of ice forming and cracking reminds me of how brief and delicate life can be. Each pattern woven in cold glass, each arm is unique; identifiable for only as long as it lasts. Such is the life of every Tenno.

Behind me, one of my sisters rests in her frozen bed. She does not know what is happening outside, for her sleep is deep and blissful. I remember my own bed when I was awoken, but it was not like this. Corpus flood the storage bay she rests in and open fire on the pair of us without remorse or pity. Perhaps that is what makes us so different; my coldness has life, pattern and - eventually - death. It is born different and filled with its own worth, whereas these mechanical proxies are all the same; a repeated, artificial existence that knows no joy or sorrow.

I find myself getting angered at such audacity; that they would try and claim the life of one of mine.

A thought later, the energy around me crystalizes and forms a protective barrier that the Moa Platforms and Engineers foolishly storm through. Laser fire ricochets off of the edges, protecting me and my charge as I ready my hands on the organic-looking rifle I wield.

Like a glacier, I am immovable, ancient and overwhelming.

My Boltor spits shafts of electrified death at my enemies, tearing into their synthetic flesh and throwing them back with such force, that it pins their bodies to the storage containers around me. More come, but they are caught in the whirlwind of bitter ice around me. I am glad they experienced the true beauty of the pattern before their artificial lives were ended.

With a smooth cut, I part their frozen bodies cleanly.

Soon the flood of machines grows too much, and like a mountain, angered and pushed too hard, I release the avalanche into my attackers. Frozen metal stops moving, the rush of wind drowns out the sounds of gun fire, and when all is still, a wave of my hand shatters the frozen pillars around me in a deafening crack.

I take a moment to breathe and reload, looking back at the form of the woman in stasis behind me. She sleeps a cold sleep and will not know the betrayal of those who we once protected, but like the glacier, my memory is long.

I prepare for another wave of my enemy and I am pleased. I am the rock on which my fellow Tenno can stand, the harsh, bitter wind of change and the memory of things that predated war and sorrow. I am the mountain which moves.

I am Frost.

Edited by SilverBones

I love it Bones!

You make him sound very similar to a Mix of Nyx and Loki, which sort of how he behaves. Even is his abilities are similar to that of Volt x3

I like everything abouit, although the part at

A thought later, the energy around me crystalizes and forms a protective barrier that the Moa Stompers and Engineers foolishly storm through. Laser fire ricochets off of the edges, protecting me and my charge as I ready my hands on the organic-looking rifle I wield.

is a bit odd to read, I think it's the "Moa Stompers" that throws me off.

I do not think the weapon has much relevance to the character as a whole. I mentioned the Boltor because it seemed good to have a fairly powerful, effective gun to show his strength. I agree that the Dual Zoren does not exactly scream ‘unstoppable powerhouse’. Again, weapons aside, these short stories are more about the users mindset then the equipment.

Thank you all for the great feedback and the suggestions!

• 3 weeks later...