Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept: "oracle"

Crominix772

Your art is amazing as always, can go for a Water touch but the name Oracle doesnt seem to fit for it IMO.

A Skill Idea, to fit with the name Oracle, could be..

Backtrack: You set an image of yourself in a current position for a set duration, You can still fight normally. Reactiving this skill will move you back to the location you were at with the same shield/health you started the skill with. All damage you dealt will still be in affect.

I think it'd make a good 2 or 3 skill

Added on: If the skill duration runs out before reactivated, It will disapper. (Debate: If you are killed while this skill is activated, you will automatically reset to the image OR you just died for failing the timing)

Edited by Dansongier

Backtrack: You set an image of yourself in a current position for a set duration, You can still fight normally. Reactiving this skill will move you back to the location you were at with the same shield/health you started the skill with. All damage you dealt will still be in affect

Sounds like an equivalent to Loki's Invisibility.

Sounds like an equivalent to Loki's Invisibility.

Well its a utility skill, but I wouldn't say its equivalent to Loki's Invisiblity.

The image isn't a decoy so it doesn't distract, its something only the players see. You don't have any damage bonuses and fully detected. Chaos and Prophecy. Just trying to go with something to match the name since all the Warframes seem to have alot of there skills related to what they are named

Backtrack: You set an image of yourself in a current position for a set duration, You can still fight normally. Reactiving this skill will move you back to the location you were at with the same shield/health you started the skill with. All damage you dealt will still be in affect if u messd up u go back in time enimies unharmed

Added on: If the skill duration runs out before reactivated, It will disapper. (Debate: If you are killed while this skill is activated, you will automatically reset to the image OR you just died for failing the timing)

+1

Well its a utility skill, but I wouldn't say its equivalent to Loki's Invisiblity.

The image isn't a decoy so it doesn't distract, its something only the players see. You don't have any damage bonuses and fully detected.

I'm assuming you can die as well? I said it was an equivalent because Loki's invis basically stops you from taking any sort of damage except AOE and explosions as the enemies are highly unlikely to hit you with anything else while you're invisible. You can run around and kill everything until you turn visible again, and by this time your shields are fully recharged. The outcome would be the same with Oracle's ability unless she can be killed while using it, thus what I mean by equivalent. If she can be killed, Loki's ability is pretty much better than hers. Of course, although the outcome is the same, the means is entirely different. Your idea still has a lot of potential and I would like some sort of time bending Warframe. Her other abilities would balance her out more.

İts not Oracle. I think its Predator man. I think your drawing is really good but that design is not subjective because it's helmet is Predator's helmet. I think if you will change that helm, that design will be better.

Hahaha. My wife said the same thing; or, that it reminds her of predator.

I'll see what I can do about the head. But I am really partial to the "dreadlocks".

Here is an early idea of the head. I took it from the "all seeing eye of the oracle" saying and put a lot of eyes on it. I took the eye arrangement from spiders, specifically, the jumping spider. Then I scratched that Idea and went with the current look (the second picture.)

oraclehead4.jpg

oraclehead73.jpg

Edited by Crominix772

These could give you an idea maybe, I hope they will help you to make new design :). Last one is my favorite, that kind of asian hat would be so good for our Tenno's. But it should change so I belive you could do better and new design if you will have time. Good luck.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/364/4/f/helldiver_by_sttheo-d4gfyqi.jpg

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs8/200H/i/2005/321/d/d/Captain_Helmet_by_MiG_05.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nk2G5e3Bl3A/UPuLy5qGUaI/AAAAAAAADQg/k1zjIvFB6ec/s1600/scificharacterpros_1.jpg

These could give you an idea maybe, I hope they will help you to make new design :). Last one is my favorite, that kind of asian hat would be so good for our Tenno's. But it should change so I belive you could do better and new design if you will have time. Good luck.

http://th09.devianta...heo-d4gfyqi.jpg

http://th04.devianta...t_by_MiG_05.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot...acterpros_1.jpg

Those are nice. Thanks for the suggestions.

xD the only predator thing about the helmet are the dreads for me.

But again, are predators the only cyber hunterkillerinvisible-might-of-doom-murderer-trophy-hunters allowed to have them?

I say its awesome as it is!

Besides Giger, what else design concepts are there for dark organic exoskeleton-like things are there? Naturally almost any concept in that direction will have parts on it that could be called gigeresque. In this case its rather not fullblown giger but sticks to the warframe style and blends well with the other frames (IMO) while adding something new and interesting, though the dreads must be pain to animate (with the potential to raising the style factor of the game to 9002 - together with wallwalk-melee 'wing dash' for the dual melee weaps it would even be 9003! making it the most stylish game ever created)

I really dig how vividly all those shapes are drawn. Its almost like a 3d render in some places.

Go on and elaborate the concept! Details and poses!

Do you have DeviantArt account?

xD the only predator thing about the helmet are the dreads for me.

But again, are predators the only cyber hunterkillerinvisible-might-of-doom-murderer-trophy-hunters allowed to have them?

I say its awesome as it is!

Besides Giger, what else design concepts are there for dark organic exoskeleton-like things are there? Naturally almost any concept in that direction will have parts on it that could be called gigeresque. In this case its rather not fullblown giger but sticks to the warframe style and blends well with the other frames (IMO) while adding something new and interesting, though the dreads must be pain to animate (with the potential to raising the style factor of the game to 9002 - together with wallwalk-melee 'wing dash' for the dual melee weaps it would even be 9003! making it the most stylish game ever created)

I really dig how vividly all those shapes are drawn. Its almost like a 3d render in some places.

Go on and elaborate the concept! Details and poses!

Do you have DeviantArt account?

Thanks for the complements!

I haven't had much time to expand on the concept lately. I haven't even played the game much over the past week; been too busy. But I will get to it.

As far as a deviantArt account, yes I do have one. Just made it a day or two ago. I have nothing posted on it right now though.