Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Concept: Corpus Snare Moa (Images)

Anatolius

In an attempt to recapture reawakened tenno , The Corpus have developed a new breed of Moa, referred to as "Snare Moa". Their bodies are similar to the carcass of an animal with small hook arms wires for dragging Tenno away (similar to Grineer Scorpions) They are larger than the average Moa.

corpussnare1.png

These Moa, unlike other robotics, can not shoot. They were no created for combat, but for capture. They do not appear in defense/ mobile defense/void but they do appear frequently in higher levels of survival, captures, and other corpus missions. Typically ,one will appear for every other group of moa that is released due to their rarity and cost of production. Snare Moa are very fragile but tend to have alot of shields.

They can only acquire one Tenno at any given time. The hooks on the arms launch out and grab the arms of its prey, reeling them in and into their chassis. The chassis is crafted from the similar technology used to make lazer gates, but stronger. Bound, the Tenno will begin to take damage to their shields. Once depleted, health will be affected. 

corpussnare2.png

Take this test Mag for example

Snare Moa tend to move away from other Tenno once one has been captured. Those who are captured are reduced to pistol attacks only. Abilities, such as nullstar, telsas, venom, energy vampire, Iron skin and other abilities alike will remain active. Upon destruction, the captive is then released.  

corpussnare3.png

You are in a squatting like position. If you have duel pistols they can still be used to shoot at the Snare Moa from the inside. After a percentage of damage is done, the captive is freed automatically, if the Snare has not been destroyed already

As said before, they are rare, similar in rarity to Fusion Moa.

Edited by Anatolius

• 2 weeks later...

Hm...I like this.

There has to be an icon showing that you're captured however (like the cross when you're downed) and these must not happen if you're playing solo/alone. 

It could still appear while soloing alone, you simply would be reduced to your pistol.

But that would be considered a "*@##$ move" like how railguns can death lock if you cant get away

Question: What if you are out of pistol ammo?

1 You are F$@#$

2 Die Inside of the Cor'

3f You revive you would be stuck inside the Cor' Dying over and over again till you finally rage quit and say Hey I need a Pal to Help me so next time I get caught my pal can watch me die :D hur hur hurdy hur...

Like the Concept Idea Adds a new enemy into the game that's for sure. Hopefully this would be modified into something else to start a whole new Faction of Different Enemies. 

If you don't mind me asking what materials would this new enemy drop? This was not stated. 

Question: What if you are out of pistol ammo?

normally people arent screaming for pistol ammo but if you dont then you pretty much just die

unless you have a really good sentinel.

even then I was thinking of a damage cap

like after X amount of damage they let you go 

of course when you die you dont span back inside the corpus moa's chassis

also imagine if you died and you are down

if you dont have any pistol ammo you just lay there and not help out your teammate who is helping you

Edited by Anatolius

1 You are F$@#$

2 Die Inside of the Cor'

3f You revive you would be stuck inside the Cor' Dying over and over again till you finally rage quit and say Hey I need a Pal to Help me so next time I get caught my pal can watch me die :D hur hur hurdy hur...

Like the Concept Idea Adds a new enemy into the game that's for sure. Hopefully this would be modified into something else to start a whole new Faction of Different Enemies. 

If you don't mind me asking what materials would this new enemy drop? This was not stated. 

if it is corpus (maybe even a form of corrupted)

it would drop rare "corpus based" mods like how the system works now with fusion moa and tech crewman

if that is what you are asking.

also if you are talking about a new type of faction all together there should be bounty hunters. They could possibly use this kind of mechanic to capture some of the rarest and most wanted people in the systems. It would seperate them from all the other factions because they could want the bounty on any wanted faction.

Humanoid like beasts who, like corpus, have beast companions who are trained to hunt down their target. except most of them are actual wildlife.

Sometimes they are since during assassinations getting into fights to kill a main dude (of course they dont win) or appear during survival to claim your dead/dying body

also if they are bounty hunters, they can work for people of their own factions, corpus, or grineer so there obviously would be rivalry

Edited by Anatolius

also if you are talking about a new type of faction all together there should be bounty hunters. They could possibly use this kind of mechanic to capture some of the rarest and most wanted people in the systems. It would seperate them from all the other factions because they could want the bounty on any wanted faction.

Humanoid like beasts who, like corpus, have beast companions who are trained to hunt down their target. except most of them are actual wildlife.

Sometimes they are since during assassinations getting into fights to kill a main dude (of course they dont win) or appear during survival to claim your dead/dying body

also if they are bounty hunters, they can work for people of their own factions, corpus, or grineer so there obviously would be rivalry

Oh dang I like that, you should check this out, it may help you on boarding your concept

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112389-warframe-concept-guide/

I think there are plenty of Moa's already. This seems to copy the grineer scorpion behaviors.

That was the plan actually (which I did point out)

There are 4 kinds of Moa and they all do the same thing: shoot a laser (yes shockwave moa shoot lasers too)

This Moa will not have that ability, it will simply pose as a distraction to others.

It use to be a tripod but I changed it

• 1 month later...