Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baphomet; The Betrayer - Infested Boss [FULL 3D RENDER BY RAZIX! - 11/26/16]

SilverBones

Sure am :) I plan on following the design pretty closely. Adding more hard armour parts with spikes, the one enlarged claw-hand will prove tricky I´ll bet.

Then to add clawed feet and a sayandana, cloak or something - I was thinking like Nekros maby, several streamers attached on back and shoulders.

Flowing in an infested breeze of course. Infested breeze. I like the sound of that.

I have been messing around with the hound Merihem but still no cigarr. These creatures are tricky, they are not like Phorid or chargers. They are more unique right?

For what ever reason I gave him cybernetic legs to cover with flesh. I kind of like the look, even though I know it´s not what you had in mind.

Oh well. We shall see. And I am waiting to see what part Baphomet will play in the new story being written :)

Glad you like the render naturally!

Edited by arch111

Sure am :) I plan on following the design pretty closely. Adding more hard armour parts with spikes, the one enlarged claw-hand will prove tricky I´ll bet.

Then to add clawed feet and a sayandana, cloak or something - I was thinking like Nekros maby, several streamers attached on back and shoulders.

Flowing in an infested breeze of course. Infested breeze. I like the sound of that.

I have been messing around with the hound Merihem but still no cigarr. These creatures are tricky, they are not like Phorid or chargers. They are more unique right?

For what ever reason I gave him cybernetic legs to cover with flesh. I kind of like the look, even though I know it´s not what you had in mind.

Oh well. We shall see. And I am waiting to see what part Baphomet will play in the new story being written :)

Glad you like the render naturally!

Dude, I absolutely love what you are doing with it. You take whatever liberties you need.

Hey SilverBiones I had an Idea with Baphomet

So Baphomet runs around on his hound, so how does he stay on without falling off? So I had an idea that his feet fit into puncture holes on his hounds back kind of like his claw feet are hooked into Merihem's back giving it commands via his infested feet connection. Another idea I had was how does he motivate (attack) someone while he’s on Merihem? Ik he has a sword but that isn’t far reaching enough to attack someone holding a gun and peppering him from afar; so I had an idea that he equips a mutant variant of the Scoliac that grabs players towards him while he’s off Merihem and does ranged swipes while on his Merihem.  

What do you think?

Hey SilverBiones I had an Idea with Baphomet

So Baphomet runs around on his hound, so how does he stay on without falling off? So I had an idea that his feet fit into puncture holes on his hounds back kind of like his claw feet are hooked into Merihem's back giving it commands via his infested feet connection. Another idea I had was how does he motivate (attack) someone while he’s on Merihem? Ik he has a sword but that isn’t far reaching enough to attack someone holding a gun and peppering him from afar; so I had an idea that he equips a mutant variant of the Scoliac that grabs players towards him while he’s off Merihem and does ranged swipes while on his Merihem.  

What do you think?

Another idea for how he could attack with a sword while mounted: the sword splits down the middle like a pair of jaws, allowing it to serve as a rifle of sorts?

Ooooh... I like these ideas...

I figured Baphomet had some kind of unspoken control over the infested, otherwise if he needed contact, how would he control chargers and the like?

As for the ranged weapon, I like that alot... unless Merihem has some kind of inhalation power that acts like mags 'Pull' ability to get them in close...

Hmm those tentacles or tendrils look like they could grab hold like an octopus.

How about the gunsword fires infested mass grenade substances, staggering and confusing the tenno, like a exploding roller?

As for control, I figure he has a Hivemind link, like bees.

Hey folks!

So here is my new idea for a boss. I have not really played with the concept of an infested before, and I wanted to reuse my old design for my old ‘Void’ frame (now defunct) and turn it into something potentially more brutal. After some poking and prodding around, it seems that this Infested design lark is actually quite fun, and so I have come up with this guy;

Baphomet; the Betrayer

baphometdone_zps4ae74dd0.png

Additional Left Arm Concept

bapharm_zps4029a88a.png

And here is his weapon in detail.

saakrith_zps086a5e70.png

And here is Merihem, his favorite pet.

merihem_zpsa9bb34dc.png

This is an awesome render of the bust by arch111! Amazing work!

baphomet_textured_wip1_by_gaber111-d6uak

Original Concept Art below!

baphomet_zps5561e3b7.png

EDIT! New picture with suggested blade and organic scarf concept?

baphofull_zps511692ae.png

EDIT! And another quick doodle of him mounted.

baphomount_zps607c70fd.png

merihem_zpsc56821ff.png

---------------------

Some example Lotus lines:

“Baphomet. His betrayal was felt over a thousand installations before the Orokin knew of what he'd planned. Once a powerful healer, Baphomet gave himself over to the infested, claiming immortality at the price of his mind. Now crazed, this betrayer bends the Technocyte virus to his will.”

"Merihem is Baphomet's most deadly pet. The Betrayer's hound is rarely far from it's master."

“Do not listen to Baphomet’s blasphemy. His mind is long-since warped by the Technocyte virus. This makes him both dangerous… and unpredictable.”

“Beware of Baphomet’s control over the Infested. His hounds are fierce and relentless. Do not let him catch you off-guard.”

[When Fighting] “Target Merihem, Tenno. Removing his mobility will make Baphomet an easier target and weaken his defenses.”

[When Fighting] “Now - Attack him while he recharges his energy. If you are not swift then he, and his brood, will regain their strength.”

[When Completed] “Very good Tenno. No more will Baphomet’s insanity infect others, drawing them to his mindless cause. It’s time to leave.”

---------------------

Some example Baphomet lines:

“I remember you, [Player]. Your birth was cold and your purpose colder still. Come; embrace our warmth.”

“She lies to you, [Player]. Free yourself from your [Warframe] and taste the bitter fruit of truth.”

“Your reawakening has come at a time of great beauty, [Player]. Let me show you the path to a glorious new beginning!”

“What hubris. What conceit. Bring me your woes, [Player] and I shall set you free.”

[When Fighting] “I remember this fury! Such life! No wonder then, that your hands are always wet with blood!”

[When Fighting] “No pain is worth your ignorance, [Player]. When you are broken… you will see it yourself.”

[Player Downed] "And so, like your body, your will crumbles. Come [Player], I will lead you to a life without your lies."

[setting Merihem Loose] "Help them, Merihem. Help them understand the folly of the Old Kings."

[Merihem Downed] "Rest my chosen. I shall open their eyes myself."

[Merihem's Death] "You dare slaughter divinity like a common dog? So be it, [Player]. If you insist on being blind, then I shall make your eyes my own!"

---------------------

What do you guys think? Any ideas for boss stages or some kind of story behind him? I left the lines vague and filled with hidden meaning on purpose, but he was a lot of fun to come up with. Something perhaps along the lines of infestation control… kind of like Necro’s raise the dead, but he creates infested perhaps?

Any feedback is welcomed!

I WANT THAT IN A WARFRAME !!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh... I like these ideas...

I figured Baphomet had some kind of unspoken control over the infested, otherwise if he needed contact, how would he control chargers and the like?

As for the ranged weapon, I like that alot... unless Merihem has some kind of inhalation power that acts like mags 'Pull' ability to get them in close...

I was meaning he has a more physical link to merihm then the other infested like when the 2 are linked they're one individual being and seperated they function as seperate beings.

The Gunsword Idea is kinda cool but if youve ever played a game while your riding a horse you know its a bit hard to get shots right, now imagine that 3 times as bad with a thrashing and running beast underneath you, your aims gonna be atrocious. Hence Why a whip grab is nice it brings enemies into Merihem's reach and he relies less on aim and more on melee prowess.

Hmm those tentacles or tendrils look like they could grab hold like an octopus.

How about the gunsword fires infested mass grenade substances, staggering and confusing the tenno, like a exploding roller?

As for control, I figure he has a Hivemind link, like bees.

Interesting Idea what about Merihem does that throws up a grenade like that if your way too far away.

This is simply awesome, I love the amount of detail and work gone into this and how someone jumped on board to make a render of it. Great work. I liked the idea of him being a corrupted Tenno more though to be honest, I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if a  tenno gave in to the promises of the infested. hell even the Ether weapons imply that tenno can become infested by their in game description:

A single blade for more precision. The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies. 

At least I thought of "allies" as other tenno, seeing as they only seem to be truly allied with one another.

Hmm I posted an idea in a thread about a cure for the infestation.

Imagine that Corpus has deep research vessels where they struggle to reverse the effects of the virus, and more importantly to control it.

There, far from covilized life they experiment abd breed a new race of infested.

Tenno are called by Lotus to assist the head Corpus Priest Researcher.

She can halt the infection of her crew, before they turn, but time is running out.

And in the darkness of the hull new predators await.

The rewards would be infested weapons, mods research.

A new tileset Infested Deep space research vessel.

A new breed of infested, more frightening and intelligent.

Possible new Infested Warframes.

A new boss or ally in the Corpus Priest.

And naturally, Baphomet and his horde would soon set course for the vessel to embrace, or challenge the new infested.

Where this would go I do not know, but it would introduce an element lacking, fear.

And Baphomet would be so awesome to fight :D

Hi bones!

Posting this here as well, it's so cool to have three people to draw inspiration from!

It is a early testing for a maby comic. I really like his pose, makim him look all superior.

uneasy_alliance_wip_01_by_gaber111-d70w1

Edited by arch111