Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split-Second Energy Blade (With Concept Art)

EVAtemplar117

Just got a new Cintiq 13HD, so I'll celebrate with so redrawn concept art.

First, The Muramasa:

D73y1Bs.png

The Muramasa:

A powerful energy blade capable of slicing through the thickest metals, It is only capable of maintaining it's blade for a split second, requiring a constant source of energy to recharge. It's blade, unrefined and chaotic, cuts all who'll approach.

Basically a draw-slash type weapon with a extremely powerful charge attack. It's normal attack would involve swinging the sheath with their left hand. Jump and slide attacks would also use the energy blade.

Next, The Masamune:

6JXHr2u.png

The Masamune:

The Orokin blade the Muramasa is based on, only those of the highest rank could wield it. With a shimmering blue glow, it's well defined blade represented their Order and Authority, reaching far to strike at their foes.

This is the Orokin variant of the draw-slash blade, differing mainly by having a narrower, but far more reaching, charge attack. The sheath is made out of the crystal wood of the void.

And yes, I know we don't need more melee weapons.

Other recent posts:

Puppeteer: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106801-warframe-concept-puppeteerpet-frame-with-concept-art/

Classy Pistols: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113714-a-pair-of-classy-pistols-with-concept-art/

Edited by EVAtemplar117

Love the sheaths! I think the energy looks a bit wild if its suppose to be contained as a sword, very nice tho!

Thanks, the idea is that the energy is just barely being contained

Unique touch and beautiful concept art.

Looking forward to this.

Thanks, I'm still trying to get a feel for the Tenno Design

I'm really digging those sheath designs.

Thanks, I spent the most time working those out

So an energy sword the blinks out after a second and thus wielded Iaido style? I like it. I like it a LOT. And it fits your profile as a high-charge damage sword perfectly. We do need a sword that actually does decent damage. The Dark sword, Heat Sword, Ether Blade, Cronus... they're all entirely lackluster. Dakra Prime is literally the only decent sword in the game, and this would be a wonderful addition to the available sword collection.

In other words? This needs to happen.

Just got a new Cintiq 13HD, so I'll celebrate with so redrawn concept art.

First, The Muramasa:

D73y1Bs.png

The Muramasa:

A powerful energy blade capable of slicing through the thickest metals, It is only capable of maintaining it's blade for a split second, requiring a constant source of energy to recharge. It's blade, unrefined and chaotic, cuts all who'll approach.

Basically a draw-slash type weapon with a extremely powerful charge attack. It's normal attack would involve swinging the sheath with their left hand. Jump and slide attacks would also use the energy blade.

Next, The Masamune:

6JXHr2u.png

The Masamune:

The Orokin blade the Muramasa is based on, only those of the highest rank could wield it. With a shimmering blue glow, it's well defined blade represented their Order and Authority, reaching far to strike at their foes.

This is the Orokin variant of the draw-slash blade, differing mainly by having a narrower, but far more reaching, charge attack. The sheath is made out of the crystal wood of the void.

And yes, I know we don't need more melee weapons.

Other recent posts:

Puppeteer: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/106801-warframe-concept-puppeteerpet-frame-with-concept-art/

Classy Pistols: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113714-a-pair-of-classy-pistols-with-concept-art/

how is this like not in game already ? lol i love the first sword with the golden energy would go perfect with my excalibur desert ghost