Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen Samples Being Derelict-Only Was Not A Cool Move

radthezero

So, this might sound a little bit like whinnig, but stay with me, guys.

So, Update 10 came. Lots of new, nice stuff, new Golem, new weapons, new reasearch... And then they moved all the Mutagen Samples to the Derelict. I mean, I understand that the Bio Research weapons are overally speaking the best we have out there for endgame, but most of the research weapons are already very costy (resource-wise) to construct. Making Mutagen Sample a Derelict-only drop not only make them way more difficult to farm, but costy as hell, since you need to farm Coordinates, spend credits and some other resources (which you also use for everything else) on Derelict Keys, and then, only then, you are able to farm Mutagen Samples.

And even then you will likely get a limited number of them inside there even if you are running a Master Thief build (and even then, Master Thief is a rare mod - not everyone will get its hands on it fast enough).

Now, back to the new content. Most of it fell on Bio Research category. Which not only need an interesting number of Mutagen Samples to start research, but to craft Mutagen Mass for the actual blueprints. Limiting access to Mutagen Samples effectively limits the access to new content unless you go and farm it excessively - which then brings around the problems I've already cited above.

In bigger clans, that's likely not a problem... But to all us under Storm status, I do think it comes as somewhat unfair. Leave out the fact that the Mutagen became an extremely rare one-location-only resource, people don't tend to like excessive farming and grinding and stuff. It becomes tiresome.

So, instead of going like this, I have a suggestion.

Why not restoring the mutagen to it's original locations, and elevating it's droprate at the Derelict? Kinda like some other resources work in the Orokin Void. I think there would be more people actually going there this way. I mean, the main focus of the Derelict right now is Nekros - but once people actually assemble the parts, the motivation to go there becomes entirely "stocking on Mutagen Samples". I don't think that's very cool (or fun) utilization of an entire new tileset. It's almost like "want shiny new stuff? Sorry, you HAVE to go to the Derelict". If it was "wanna speed your farming? GO to the Derelict", I believe it would be better (and more fun) to us, the players.

Instead of going there forced to farm and grind. I mean, they are investing heavily on their own resources so that they can go and get a specific resource that was moved from places where it used to drop with a good frequency. It's not at all beneficial. It sounds way more like punishment. So if anyone at DE is reading that, please do consider it, even if just a bit.

... Eh, and sorry for all my rumbling. That took way longer than I originally intended for it to.

Thank you all in advance.

Rad out.

So we finally have a way to waste credits and everyone complains! 

But I gotta agree it is harder but in MY OWN OPINION it makes the game more challenging. I wouldn't mind them moving it back to normal though.

Edited by alphex

So we finally have a way to waste credits and everyone complains! 

But I gotta agree it is harder but in MY OWN OPINION it makes the game more challenging. I wouldn't mind them moving it back to normal though.

It's not a GOOD way to "waste" credits, and it hurts newbies, as they don't have a stockpile of credits to fall back on.

Good idea, but tbh, after playing and farming for myself to 'see', I realised that it is quite easy to farm for Nav coord and the Golem Nav. And I quite like it. People complained about bosses being too boring because they ran through it like a million times. J2000 will not be the case, which is good. 

Who knows, this might be DE's first step to make these research resources (Mutagen, Detonite and Fieldron) drop in their respective 'territories'.  

Good idea, but tbh, after playing and farming for myself to 'see', I realised that it is quite easy to farm for Nav coord and the Golem Nav. And I quite like it. People complained about bosses being too boring because they ran through it like a million times. J2000 will not be the case, which is good. 

Who knows, this might be DE's first step to make these research resources (Mutagen, Detonite and Fieldron) drop in their respective 'territories'.  

Well, in the case that limiting become absolutely unavoidable, I do think at least elevating the droprates would not hurt anyone.

Edited by radthezero

I should add the new infested pistol takes seven mutagen masses. Thats right. Seven. Hope you want to build another Supra type deal, cause. I have NO interest.

See, that's largely what I am talking about. I mean, while I do want the weapon, tedious work does not sit very well with me.

Why not also just replace jupiter with orokin derelict levls, and replace J3 Golem with J2k Golem.

Make J3 golem a sub boss.

*sigh* wishful thinking, wishful thinking indeed.

No thank you. The move away from the standard format was good for the boss.

However, restricting Mutagens this was was not.

IMO:

Let Mutagens drop in all infested territory.

BUT

Higher chance in Derelict

I think the reason they made mutagen sample farmable at Derelict ONLY, is that players would still go to Derelict even though they may have finished farming Necros parts.

That is still not cool, bro.

Not cool at all.

That isn't making the Derelicts attractive for multiple visits, it forces you to go there. Which isn't fun at all.

Looks like they fixed one bug and another popped up.

That support staff person is confused about the patch notes. The patch fixed a bug where Mutagen wasn't dropping from derelicts.

Well after getting this response I tried couple runs of Carpo (Jupiter) and still got fieldron samples so I reported that as well and this is the reply that I got: 

"Hi WhisperByte,

Thank you for the bug report! I will pass this along to the rest of the team to take a look at. Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you at the moment, but we will be sure to follow up if we have any other questions."