Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan-Made Warframe Voices

Morec0

A while ago I had an idea to give the Warframes voices and quotes for when they used their abilities or did other things. I could only do make voices (for reasons that statement alone should make obvious) and with the release of Nekros, I've finally got around to throwing some quotes and voice lines together in a pair of videos. One for Nekros, and the other for my first Warframe: Loki. More will be added as I make them.

Nekros:

Loki:

Don't want to watch the videos? Don't like my voice overs? Have the quotes anyway, and say what you think these frames or others should sound like. Whatever you do, enjoy.

Nekros Quotes:

Switched To:

“Nekros frame online.”

“Terror shall reign.”

“Death to the enemies of the Tenno.”

Using First Ability:

“Soul Punch!”

“Death by life.”

“Their life, others’ death.”

Using Second Ability:

“Terrify!”

“Flee in terror!”

“Run.”

“Scurry.”

Using Third Ability:

“Desecrate!”

“Waste not.”

“Leave nothing to rot.”

Using Fourth Ability:

“Shadows of the dead!”

“Arise!”

“They are MINE!”

“The damned return!”

Incapacitated:

“Tenno down!”

“An ally has fallen!”

“Assistance required!”

Picked Up:

“Death has no hold on me!”

“Back again!”

Using Revive:

“Fresh from the grave!”

“Beware.  I live!”

Dying:

“Even death may die.”

“Into the earth, into the sky.”

“See you soon.”

Taunt:

“Your soul will serve the Cause!”

“Death… is not that simple.”

“You will fall, then rise once more.”

Joke:

“Death: not even once.”

“I could really use a sandwhich.”

Leveling Up:

“Nekrosmastery.”

“The reaper incarnate.”

“Each soul more than a trophy.”

“Life is but an impediment.”

Loki Quotes:

Switched To:

“Loki frame online!”

“Ready and waiting.”

“Trickery and deception.”

Using First Ability:

“Decoy deployed!”

“Decoy out!”

“You dull creatures!”

Using Second Ability:

“Invisibility.”

“Stealth field active.”

“Out of sight, out of mind.”

Using Third Ability:

“Switch teleport!”

“Swapping locals!”

“*laughs*”

Using Fourth Ability:

“Radial disarm!”

“Uneven the odds.”

“Drop your weapons!” (against Corpus and Grineer)

“Dismembered!” (against Infested)

Taunt:

“I am a god!”

“You may worship me at your leisure.”

“Kneel!”

Incapacitated:

“Tenno down!”

“An ally has fallen!”

“Assistance required!”

Picked Up:

“They will regret that!”

“Appreciated!”

Using Revive:

“Immortality!”

“Your god incarnate!”

Dying:

“Im... possible...”

“But… I… Godly…”

“It… cannot be.”

Joke:

“You’re far too high strung. Try being a little more Lo-ki.”

“I’m told I can be quite, disarming.”

Leveling Up:

“Unlimited power!”

“A god am I!”

“No mortal can match me!”

“Divinity!”

Edited by Morec0

I'm digging it, (especially the funnier quotes "Death not even once")

Would be so kind and make Rhino voices?

It's definitely on my to-do list. I'd like to get some out for every male Warframe, but I've also got a lot of other RL things I need to do (as well as a lot of Warframe to play). But eventually for sure.

Hey!

I really love your voice effects you did for the Warframes in this.

I've been working on a few Warframe Machinima series and I'd like to talk to you about it, and maybe we could collab.

I'm curious what kind of Microphone and setup you're using because I don't hear much distortion of background noise and it sounds really good!

Send me a PM Sometime, or check out the thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105054-hey-you-we-need-warframe-voice-actors-for-space-ninjas-wana-help-with-preview/'>Space Ninjas

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hey!

I've been working on a few Warframe Machinima series and I'd like to talk to you about it, and maybe we could collab.

I'm curious what kind of Microphone and setup you're using because I don't hear much distortion of background noise and it sounds really good!

Send me a PM Sometime, or check out the thread Space Ninjas

the one which i was brutally (not really) rejected by T~T

SO MANY @(*()$ PUNS ON THE LOKI ONE THO btw what voice effect is that? i wanna try excalibur

What can I say? I'm a punny guy?

And no, I WONT stop. Ever.

As for the effect, follow these steps in Audacity and you'll get about what I got:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Pitch: -10 (alter this however you like, I used considerably less and more for Loki and Nekros respectively.)

Mix and Render

Echo: 0.005 , .5 (this'll take a while depending on how long your recording is)

Tinker with those as you want, the echo effect may not even be necessary but I think it adds a nice metallic ring to it similar to what Badass Lotus (from the Raptor mission intro) sounds like. That's what I was going for, I THINK I hit somewhere around it. Not exactly, I'm sure, but close enough.

Hey!

Send me a PM Sometime, or check out the thread Space Ninjas

I'm using a Yeti Microphone USB Microphone (that's all I really know about it) with a blanket over my head to reduce echo from the room. The lack of background noise I'd like to thank my friend Noise Removal Filter for (Audacity is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL program!)! ESPECIALLY since there's some construction going on where I'm at.

As for the Machinima: IT"S ABOUT TIME! I've been looking forward to seeing someone try to take on the Warframe universe with Machinima and I'll DEFINITELY take a look at it.

What can I say? I'm a punny guy?

And no, I WONT stop. Ever.

As for the effect, follow these steps in Audacity and you'll get about what I got:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Pitch: -10 (alter this however you like, I used considerably less and more for Loki and Nekros respectively.)

Mix and Render

Echo: 0.005 , .5 (this'll take a while depending on how long your recording is)

Tinker with those as you want, the echo effect may not even be necessary but I think it adds a nice metallic ring to it similar to what Badass Lotus (from the Raptor mission intro) sounds like. That's what I was going for, I THINK I hit somewhere around it. Not exactly, I'm sure, but close enough.

I'm using a Yeti Microphone USB Microphone (that's all I really know about it) with a blanket over my head to reduce echo from the room. The lack of background noise I'd like to thank my friend Noise Removal Filter for (Audacity is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL program!)! ESPECIALLY since there's some construction going on where I'm at.

As for the Machinima: IT"S ABOUT TIME! I've been looking forward to seeing someone try to take on the Warframe universe with Machinima and I'll DEFINITELY take a look at it.

noise removeal huh.. i think i'll tag that onto my audacity file and re-try out for that machina. IM DETERMINED AND I LEARNED FROM ANIME THAT IF I YELL ALOT OF STEEL MY NERVES I CAN DO IT

noise removeal huh.. i think i'll tag that onto my audacity file and re-try out for that machina. IM DETERMINED AND I LEARNED FROM ANIME THAT IF I YELL ALOT OF STEEL MY NERVES I CAN DO IT

This vid's got a quick noise removal tutorial for the uninitiated: http://youtu.be/42HRMmb6HFU?t=1m20s

That is, if you haven't already figured it out. Actually took me a bit to learn how to use it on my own XD

I'm one of the people that believes it's "better" that the tenno have no voice to maintain the mystery about them but it's hard to argue against these. You should be very proud you did an excellent job and I hope you do some more.

I completely agree with that statement, allows you to put your own personality onto the character (like Gordan Freeman in HL1). I just did these 'cause I had some ideas in mind and I figured it would be fun. I was right on that account.

I'm one of the people that believes it's "better" that the tenno have no voice to maintain the mystery about them but it's hard to argue against these. You should be very proud you did an excellent job and I hope you do some more.

Well, Warframe voices should be optional IMO :D

Love the voices and the effects. I will say, though, that your Loki should endeavor to be anything but Tom Hiddleston's Loki from the Avengers with a voice modulator. It's just that he's become such an icon lately that this feels like it's infringing on that performance. Again, I do enjoy them and I can't wait to see my favorite Frame represented--Rhino!

Love the voices and the effects. I will say, though, that your Loki should endeavor to be anything but Tom Hiddleston's Loki from the Avengers with a voice modulator. It's just that he's become such an icon lately that this feels like it's infringing on that performance. Again, I do enjoy them and I can't wait to see my favorite Frame represented--Rhino!

Maybe, really I felt like it was too near an idea to throw out. I don't think I captured his performance with my original audio very well, if that means anything. It was more or less a baseline I was aiming around to give me inspiration. I went to Marvel's guy for inspiration because of the name, obviously, and Hiddleston's Loki had the best mix of badass in it to fit a Tenno, whereas everyone else seemed a little TOO comical to fit the character (even though I DID give him the most puns :P ).

And I'm working on Rhino's quotes right now. I thought of going for a "Hulk-esq" take on him, but I'm trying to ween myself off of that idea. While humorous, I think it's TOO obvious and bland an idea. It's not easy to do, though, when half of his abilities already have "Rhino" in the name, like DE was PLANNING on that to be the idea...

Figured out something instead of this! And it is HILARIOUS!

Edited by Morec0

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd throw you all a quick update!

All of Rhino's quotes and most (if not all, too lazy to check) Ash's quotes have been written up and I've got the voices for both in my head. Tomorrow I'll be taking a swing at Rhino's (along with NUMEROUS other projects that I've been putting off for varying amounts of time) and will probably have his posted post-haste once I'm done. You'll have to wait a bit for Ash's, though; I'm waiting for some confirmations on translations from a friend and she was sick when I contacted her, so it will be a while more. If I luck out and get them back by tomorrow, though, I'll definitely squeeze him into my schedule.

In the meantime (and to makeup for the lack of Ash) have three voices I made a long time ago.  These ones for three of Warframe's bosses:

General Sargas Ruk:

J3-Golem & Phorid

It also seems that I can't post videos anymore. Anyone know what the new command is or am I stuck with just giving you all links again?

Edited by Morec0

Alright everyone: here comes Rhino!:

And for the quotes:

Rhino Quotes:

Switched To:

“Rhino Frame online.”

“The Rhino does what he does best.”

“It’s time for some smashin’!”

Using First Ability:

“Rhino Charge!”

“Run them down!”

“Unstoppable!”