Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sotr Concepts] Warframes 1: Changeling, Era, And Sanguine (Sanguine Concept Art))

Siubijeni

My clan-mate LegionVangaurd and I, with some input from our other clannies, have designed three warframes that we think are worth sharing. We have many more ideas and will likely post the ones that work out. Future installments will be posted with the tag "[sotr Warframes]" and are brought to you courtesy of the Shadows of the Round Table, our clan. But now, with no more gilding the lily and no more ado, the frames:

Changeling, the Evolving One:

Able to adapt to any situation, CHANGELING is truly a jack of all trades. She is able to survive in any environment, and by taking on the form of the Tenno's enemies she can mingle with the foe to provide surprise attacks and demoralize the foe. In tight situations, she can ensure the survival of the Tenno's fittest, and when all else fails she can duplicate the abilities her allies bring to the field.

We have no specific thought on Changeling's method of acquisition at this time.

Adapt: Changeling reacts to the world around her, gaining immunity to all elemental effects (fire, ice, electricity, poison) and any environmental damage (fire hazards, temporary shields in ice levels, vacuum when hull is breached).

Duration X/X/X/X

This ability is fairly self explanatory, and not worth much comment. It's benefits aren't as drastic as it might first seem, the most notable being immunity to the much-vaunted Toxic Ancient.

Survive: Changeling channels all of her energy outward, generating a shield that makes her invulnerable and immovable for a short while. She cannot attack while maintaining this barrier, but the field allows her to regenerate shields normally and damages those bold enough to strike it.

Duration X/X/X/X

Melee Damage X/X/X/X

I suppose I haven't gone into her stats yet, but the intent is for Changeling to be a frame with a low base health value, with more emphasis on shields. The intent of this ability, then, is to give her a brief (perhaps 10 seconds at max level) recharge period while providing an opening for her compatriots. The result is that it mainly serves as another way for Changeling to deflect an unexpected Scorch attack.

Mimic: Changeling takes on the shape and abilities of a nearby enemy. While shifted, enemies will treat her as friend until proven foe, while Changeling has access to all of the powers and equipment of the unit she pretends to be. While active, Changeling cannot use her other abilities or original equipment unless she sheds her disguise early by reactivating Mimic.

Duration X/X/X/X

This ability warrants some explanation. You won't take on the health or shield values of your target, but their appearance, method and magnitude of damage, and special abilities. For example, by Mimicking a heavy gunner you will gain a Gorgon (but lose your sidearm and melee), and your first ability will become her shockwave. A shield lancer would give you their charge, while as a lancer you could throw a grenade. These abilities would not require energy, but have cooldowns. Passive abilities would instead become these pseudo-abilities for balance purposes, so as an Ancient you would have to activate your respective effects as a brief aura that would then be subject to a cooldown. Finally, if the thing you Mimicked would give you two pseudo-abilities, you do gain both. As an Ancient Disruptor, for example, your first ability would become the Ancient's charge attack, while your second ability would become a blow that disrupts shields and stuns.

Duplicate: By activating this ability upon an allied Warframe, Changeling can prepare a copy of that Tenno's ultimate ability. When she next activates this ability, Changeling will duplicate the prepared effect. With strategic use of this ability, Changeling can double the power brought to bear against a foe, completely rewriting the battlefield.

Duplicated Ability Level 1/2/3/4

Imagine duplicating Necro's Shadows of the Dead, doubling the army your squad commands, or unleashing a Blade Storm as Ash does the same on the other side of a defense mission. If your Trinity goes down, Changeling can unleash Blessing to hold back the enemy while she is revived, or she can copy the purely destructive power of Ember and together, they can set the universe on fire.

HP: 75 (225)

SHIELDS: 150 (450)

ENERGY: 100 (150)

ARMOR: 50

SPRINT: 1.0

AURA: Support(-)

POLARITIES: Support(-) and Defense(D)

Era, Maiden of Sands:

Mysterious and aloof, Era possesses the ability to direct the ebb and flow of time. She can set enemies of the Tenno adrift in loops of time so small as to be crippling, while she lessen the hold of time upon her allies for a variety of benefits. When all seems lost and her squad begins to fall, she can reverse the tide of battle and give the Tenno a second chance at victory, and when her wrath is truly awakened, she will unleash the entropic forces of time upon her foes, battering them to dust in a matter of moments.

We have no specific thoughts on Era's method of acquisition at this time.

Loop: Era sets an enemy adrift in a loop so infinitesimally short that to an outside observer, even the smallest of motions is completely undetectable. While this effectively if temporarily neutralizes the victim as a threat, the nature of the temporal loop is such that if a blow does not outright kill the drifter and sever their connection to Era's timestream, even the most grievous of wound will be instantly renewed.

Duration X/X/X/X

Range X/X/X/X

Slow Debuff 100% (Frozen)

While at first look this ability seems rather situational--useful only when heavies or bosses are present so that you can deal with their lackey's first--due to the inability to kill any drifter you cannot one-hit from it's current health, it lends itself to another role: that of a high-powered support sniper, capable of freezing her priority targets for easy headshots.

Accelerate: Era can generate a field around a fellow Tenno that speeds the flow of time within. This makes the affected Tenno faster in every way, and the same is true of their equipment. More, because projectile weapons rely upon kinetic impacts to impart damage, and because projectiles entering the field are subject to the new time flow, the relative impact and damage of ballistic weaponry is greatly reduced.

Duration X/X/X/X

Range X/X/X/X

Bullet- and Physics-type Damage Reduction X/X/X/X%

Movement and Fire/Melee rate buff X/X/X/X%

Era refuses to use this ability upon herself, because the distortion of the battlefield around her could affect her perception of key strategic elements. Era prefers to control the battlefield, and will not jeopardize that control. Anyway, since she's somewhat a supportive frame, the idea is she can empower the frames that go into the thick of it, so that they can better tank and protect her. For a second ability, a significant universal damage reduction is too powerful, but thankfully simple physics and relativity provide the answer to that in the form of a specific reduction, meaning that Corpus laser weapons and Scorch flamethrowers will be unaffected.

Rewind: Era is at all times prepared to turn back the clock if things go ill for her squad. True time travel is beyond her, but by turning back the personal timestreams of her squad by a few seconds, she can manage a similar effect.

Rewinds 3/4/5/6 seconds

The idea is when this ability is activated, the Tenno (and the Tenno only) are returned to the positions they occupied the appropriate time earlier, along with the appropriate health and shield values. This sudden adjustment of the battlefield will momentarily confuse the enemy similar to Loki's Switch Teleport and other misdirectional abilities. If a Tenno is downed, this WILL return them to their feet, provided they have not been down too long for the time travel to reverse them. Even if they have, it will rewind their bleed-out, and give the Tenno more time to revive them.

Decay: Era unleashes the full entropic power of time, dealing significant damage over time that bypasses shields and reduces nearby enemies to dust. Corpus Proxies are more durable than their living counterparts, and can sometimes survive the temporal storm, but even they will be rusted and weakened by Era's anger.

Range X/X/X/X

Damage X/X/X/X per second

Duration X seconds

Corpus Proxy Modifier 50%

With a cast time and duration similar to Overload and Sound Quake (something in the neighborhood of 5-6 seconds) and modest damage over time, this effects main benefit is that as a temporal attack, it bypasses shields. This makes it useful against large numbers of corpus protected by a shield osprey, or the swarms of heavy gunners you sometimes find in Orokin Voids. Metal stands up to the ravages of time better than flesh, making this ability less effective against the proxies employed by the Corpus. I imagine the death animation would be somewhat similar to Saryn or Nova's ultimates, with a disintegration effect as they wither and crumble into dust.

HP: 75 (225)

SHIELDS: 100 (300)

ENERGY: 150 (225)

ARMOR: 60

SPRINT: 1.0

AURA: Damage (V)

POLARITIES: Support (-) and Damage (V)

Sanguine, Prince of Blood:

Parasitic and insidious by nature, SANGUINE utilizes the blood and bones of his enemies with his dark powers. His blood can serve as a potent catalyst for Warframe abilities, and he can use the bones of his enemies to devasting effect. By infesting the blood of his foes, he can regain life while harming both his host and those nearby with his corrosive presence. Worst of all, he truly enjoys the battlefield, and when he loses himself to his bloodlust, the spectacle is both horrific and inspirational.

sanguine_by_ignusdei-d6rmi5f.jpg

Some concept art, courtesy of IgnusDei. Some more red would have been nice to provide a little more contrast/definition in low-light, his hips are a little wide (remind me of Grineer ^_^), and the arm-blade would probably have to be shrunk a bit to avoid clipping issues... but otherwise it's absolutely perfect. I'm digging that helmet especially, and though I admit that I was initially skeptical of the rib-cage/skeletal theme (even in minor), the end result is simply amazing.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, nothing but respect for Ignus. Just noting some slight differences that would make an in-game model potentially more dynamic.

The Boss and World we designed to drop Sanguine is up, find it here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122281-sotr-concepts-new-worldtileset-tartarus/

Sacrifice: Sanguine's blood is a powerful catalyst, one that Warframes are capable of absorbing and utilizing to increase their destructive capabilities. By shedding more and more of his blood, Sanguine can power up his team for a short while.

Health Lost (Cost) 75/70/65/60

Duration X/X/X/X (+3 on recast while still active)

Radius X meters

Stacking Power Damage Increase X/X/X/X%

I think this ability would be best with a decently large area of effect, but not massive. It also seems like a good way to make the ability scale for higher levels, as by those higher levels he will have more health to invest in this buff, while it still require not too much energy (as a 1st ability). More, as the ability itself grows, it become a more efficient use of his health.

Splinter: Sanguine's focuses his power upon an enemy, shattering their bones and dealing high damage to the inital target, while the shards deal a lesser amount of damage in a small radius. Sanguine can draw the lifeblood from the marrow of his shattered target, splitting the health between himself and his team-mates.

Damage X/X/X/X

Radial Damage 50%

Radius X/X/X/X meters

Range X/X/X/X meters

Healing Percentage 15%

The idea is that as Sanguine advances this ability, he can explode their bones with more force, shredding both their own flesh and those of their allies more, while also sending the shards of bone further from their bodies. Despite the healing effect, Sanguine is not intended to be a very viable replacement for Trinity, with his healing being a very low percentage of damage. It is designed mainly to compensate for the fact that some of his abilities feed off his health. While at first glance this is quite powerful for a second ability, you have to take three things into account: Sanguine is not an incredibly durable frame, the casting range is quite short, and the area of effect is relatively small. At max level, I'm thinking a similar size to Frost's default bubble.

Parasite: Sanguine is capable of dissolving into the blood of an enemy, leeching health from them and turning them into a locus of Sanguine's corrosive presence. Enemies around Sanguine's host take damage over time, while Sanguine is completely shielded from damage for the duration.

Duration X/X/X/X seconds

Range X meters

Radius X meters

Health leech/DoT X/X/X/X

Sanguine can use this regenerate his own life, but no others will be affected. Moreover, he is unaffected by buffs such as Trinity's blessing while using this because as far as the ability is concerned he doesn't currently exist. The ONLY buff that WOULD affect him in this form would like be his own Sacrifice. Also, while he does not pick up energy or health orbs, his abilities are not disabled in this form, and he can still cast his abilities he has energy for. For example, he can activate Sacrifice to boost his damage and the powers of those around him, can splinter the bones of foes near his host, can use parasite to jump to another nearby host, and can activate Bloodlust to boost nearby team-mates.

A potential alternate to this ability, because some controversy has arisen over the 'science' behind it: Transfusion. This would allow Sanguine to swap health totals with a target. I'm extremely fond of this, it just didn't seem to fit Sanguine as much as the others. So we'll see what people think!

Bloodlust: Sanguine loves the battlefield, and when this twisted enjoyment gets the better of him, very few can stand in his way and no wounds can stop him, while every enemy slain increases his fury. This renewed ferocity can inspire outnumbered Tenno on the verge of death, turning stalemate into slaughter.

Incoming Damage Modifier 110-115% (Sanguine Only)

Radius X meters

Damage Amplification per Death X/X/X/X%

Duration X/X/X/X

The melodramatic description might not be clear enough so let me clarify. Enemies who die within a fair-sized radius around Sanguine will increase the effects of the buff for the time remaining on the ability. The damage boost is applied to all of your weapons but not abilities, as well as those of any Tenno within the same radius. Sanguine takes additional damage from outside sources for the duration of the effect. Given this drawback, it is easy to see why one might wish to cast Bloodlust while within a host via Parasite, even though Sanguine himself will not benefit from the damage boost and contribution to the death around him is limited to his parasitic aura and splintering.

HP: 90 (270)

SHIELDS: 100 (300)

ENERGY: 150 (225)

ARMOR: 10

SPRINT: 1.1

AURA: Defense (D)

POLARITIES: Offensive (V) and Support (-)

Which is your favorite, and why? Would you want to see one or more of these (or something like them) in Warframe in the future? If no, what issue do you take with them? Also here are the next installments of frames:

Part 2: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110176-sotr-warframes-part-2-hawk-ordnance-and-shaman/

Part 3: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114048-sotr-warframes-part-3-twinframe-chimera-and-hybrid/

Edited by Siubijeni

Best frame ideas I've seen on these forums. Even the time warframe, a trope among rpg classes, is done well.

However the abilities are balanced within this crew but OP compared to most frames besides maybe nova. These would be the new highest tier frames, which is not a good thing IMO. Unless those X's are very low (but the ones you've listed such as bloodlust DR are not )

All of them are completely and blatantly overpowered. There are some nice and creative ideas.

However, Rhino Skin originally made the user immune to (almost, I think)everything in the game and DE reworked it. Here you have two warframes with immunity to damage and one that can instantly heal and revive to full after 6 seconds of fighting and every 6 seconds guaranteed after that.

Nice work, just lack of a balancing aspect.

All of them are completely and blatantly overpowered. There are some nice and creative ideas.

However, Rhino Skin originally made the user immune to (almost, I think)everything in the game and DE reworked it. Here you have two warframes with immunity to damage and one that can instantly heal and revive to full after 6 seconds of fighting and every 6 seconds guaranteed after that.

But of course if DE implemented this they would balance it, they are good at that.

Changeling sounds pretty cool. I think Sanguine's powers could be tweaked since I don't see DE putting in powers that sacrifice health for power, not saying it's impossible just not very practical. He would be fun to at least try as is though. I like the idea of a time themed warframe but it would be either difficult to create or  OP^9000. I mean making the entire team rewind whenever someone gets downed to revive them. More people would rage about that than Nova or maybe even the many warframe's previous god modes.

Edited by Philosopher

Because there is so much I have to respond to, I'm going to put each separate response in tags to keep this small. In order:

Best frame ideas I've seen on these forums. Even the time warframe, a trope among rpg classes, is done well.

However the abilities are balanced within this crew but OP compared to most frames besides maybe nova. These would be the new highest tier frames, which is not a good thing IMO. Unless those X's are very low (but the ones you've listed such as bloodlust DR are not )

The abilities likely seem OP because of the X's, I'll agree to that readily. Perhaps I should have filled in my ideas for the X's, but I only did that for the ones I felt were most important as part of the ability. Yes, Bloodlust's DR is insane, but this is for a reason: one, he is losing around 10 health per second, or something significant, as a payment for this ability, and the DR is so that he doesn't die too quickly because of this--he IS going berserk, in effect. If the health cost were reduced to something more modest, then the DR would of course have to be reduced as well. I liked this approach better, though, because a higher guaranteed loss rate means he has to treat the ability more cautiously. If you have tanks or other distractions to draw outside damage away from Sanguine, a lower guaranteed loss rate combined with a Nekros able to use Desecrate to even mild effect means this ability could be used with impunity. All of these abilities will of course need to be balanced in at least some small fashion, because even a good designer needs beta testing. Obviously, unless DE utilizes these ideas I will not have any way to actually test these in any way more than theoretically, so there will be some holes. Still, all things considered, I think I've done a decent job.

my favorite is changeling BTW but would rather have a name like Mitos - The Evolving :P

Mitos... that could indeed be a good name as well. Changeling is, of course, just my own name suggestion. One of my clannies was the one to suggest the frame that became this one--a frame that could use the other frame's abilities... I posted that on his behalf and got a LOT of heat for it--, and he wanted to call it Darwin. I didn't feel that fit as well, so I dubbed it Changeling. But please everyone, if you have a name you like, suggest it! I can't think of everything, and we want the best for these Warframes!

I would actually like to see Changeling in the game :o

I think he'd work pretty damn well.

As do I. The idea of Mimic in particular appeals to me, because it is a self-scaling skill: you become an enemy of the same level and type as the one you activate it on. Of all the abilities I've presented, I think this one would need the least modification to make it balanced in-game. It's just so simple a mechanic, save for actually making us the appropriate unit and the ability toggle/switch.

Bump because they're good ideas. I already gave my feedback of course. :)

Thank you very much, Sagaris :) And thanks for the feedback in your own topic, it's great to see an idea taken to so well.

I like the Changeling. That sounds interesting. But I also echo notionphil's comment on the powers being OP. I think some of them would need to be severely limited (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Perhaps I really do need to go through and give the stats I have in mind, rather than just Xs. I don't think any of the abilities are quite as overpowered as you all seem to think, and even those that could be are easily fixed. For example, some of my clanmates are concerned that Era's Rewind is too good as a panic button skill, if it works exactly as described; the simple fix is to add an outer radius, so that it only rewinds Tenno close to Era (or perhaps, rather, Tenno close to Era 3-6 seconds ago?).

More, most of the skills with extreme benefits also have their drawbacks, which the X's don't perhaps make clear. But I think perhaps the biggest problem is this: I put (X/X/X/X) whenever there was an ability I felt COULD scale, not that necessarily would scale. For a specific example, I will turn to Sanguine's Sacrifice, which as a first ability could be one which draws the most concern. I don't actually intend for both the Damage Buff and the Duration to have significant growth, I just could not decide which mechanic would work better. It could progress both, but if so the base values would be lowered and the growth less significant. However, I feel it would be better if one of the values was flat, enabling the other to be more significantly changed as you leveled the ability, making the ability slightly more specialized.

If I had to pick, I would make the duration of Sacrifice a flat value and--as Sanguine's blood grows more potent--increase the damage buff that Sanguine grants over that relatively short duration. But mine is not the only opinion that matters, so I refrained from boxing abilities into those corners.

I disagree. Changeling's immunity to environmental effects would be a brief duration, because his theme is adaption. Nothing can survive in a vacuum indefinitely, and his resistance to poison is meant as more of a brief ability to metabolize and neutralize it. More, other than the environmental effects, there is very little that this would render him completely immune to. A fusion moa's beam sets you on fire, which Changeling could nullify, but does not actually deal fire damage, so Changeling can still be killed by such things.

Sanguine can indeed become comletely invulnerable, but the duration is not spectacular. Trinity can do the exact same thing, to your ENTIRE team, and the invulnerability doesn't even neutralize some of your offensive capabilities the way Parasite does. No, I think Parasite is just fine the way it is, although the X's might lead one to believe I intended the duration to be longer than it actually is. If instead you are referring to Bloodlust's damage reduction, please refer to my response to Notionphil above: the DR is to compensate for a high life/second cost, which in my opinion encourages more caution than a low DR and accompany lessened health cost. Sanguine is going berserk, and he himself needs some effect to make this ability not spammable. A third possibility, one I haven't mentioned anywhere else, is instead increasing damage he receives by a small amount, if you would prefer that. This vulnerability is meant to apply only to Sanguine--the damage boost applies to other Tenno, but that is due to an inspirational, morale related effect.

As for Era's Rewind, there are several reasons she cannot do what you're suggesting. 1) The duration is not affected by any mods. The time you can turn back is the time you can turn back. The duration is deliberately small as to not make her ability overpowered. 2) Ability costs are not set in stone. I did not address it for the most part because most frames are a simple 25/50/75/100 energy progression, but if necessary adjustments can be made. Especially for 3rd abilities, there is precedent in Loki and Ash's teleportation skills. This solution would be merely the opposite, upping the energy cost of Rewind to 100. 3) I know there are some people who would object on principle to giving her two abilities that cost 100 energy, and I myself am reluctant to suggest it. So instead, a cool-down can be added as Era must first devote her attention to holding the timestreams to their new course--time is a volatile thing, and unless she first stabilizes their new streams, any further interference could have drastic consquences. The cooldown can be as long as it needs to be to balance the ability, perhaps 15-20 seconds.

Naturally, I cannot do a perfect job of balancing the frames a theoretical exercise only--as I said to Notionphil, every designer needs the help of beta testing, which I have no access to, but DE could.

But of course if DE implemented this they would balance it, they are good at that.

Normally, I would agree with you, but I've heard some bad things about this latest livestream that makes me question their objectivity, at least on the subject of Nekros' Desecrate. I've yet to watch the livestream, though, so it may not be as bad as I've heard.

Regardless, yes, exactly. No doubt DE would have their own modifications or contributions to the concept, and that is entirely ok--at the very least, the way I envision the graphics and animations of the Frames abilities will not be the way they would actually implement it, unless they asked my thoughts there.

Changeling sounds pretty cool. I think Sanguine's powers could be tweaked since I don't see DE putting in powers that sacrifice health for power, not saying it's impossible just not very practical. He would be fun to at least try as is though. I like the idea of a time themed warframe but it would be either difficult to create or  OP^9000. I mean making the entire team rewind whenever someone gets downed to revive them. More people would rage about that than Nova or maybe even the many warframe's previous god modes.

Life paid as part of an ability is indeed unorthodox, but there are several reasons I took the approach that I did. First and foremost among these, is that different is good, and the contrast is what attracts people to new frames and new ideas. However, you do not want it to be so different as to undermine its interface with a proven system. I've seen people suggest frames that don't use energy at all, with abilities based entirely around health loss, but that will never happen--energy is an integral part of warframe. Instead, I took the usual low energy cost associated with 1st abilities and added an in-flavor drawback that justifies a slightly more powerful ability. It is hard to say exactly how much health the ability should utilize, and I settled on the numbers I did simply because I had to as an example. Actual testing may reveal them to be too high, although that was as low as I was comfortable making them to start out as.

As for Era, I don't think any of her abilities should pose much of an issue, balance-wise. As you point out, there is some concern about Rewind, however, as I pointed out in my response to Stygi, there are fixes for this if it proves too powerful. Even if people feel the ability is still too good, I have yet another solution for you: nerf Decay slightly--it wouldn't be hard to make it a fitting third ability, with it's small Era-centric area of effect. You'd just reduce it's damage and keep it's unique feature of bypassing shields, since that is its entire point--and make Rewind her ultimate. As a 100 energy ability that is rare, relatively expensive to upgrade with fusion cores and the like, and has a decently long cooldown, I think the masses will be appeased.

Nice job those are some awsome ideas i have spent the entire day coming up with ideas could someone tell me where i could submit them

Thank you kindly, Phantom. As for your own ideas, I recommend the thread labelled "(Re)Design a Warframe - ####." The thread title is updated to reflect the latest post in the section I have written in ####, so just look for the first part. Sagaris and the others who are regulars are very nice about their feedback and constructive criticism--myself included, to the best of my abilities.

upvote for Era

Hahaha, I thought she might be a popular one. Time is, as notionphil noted, a rather stereotypical powerset in most games, but I did my best to take an unorthodox and novel approach that remained interesting and fair.

Sanguine is so BADASS

There's a reason he's my favorite :) I tried not to play favorites and give any of them overpowered abilities, and I honestly like all three, but the flavor of Sanguine is simply epic... as a writer, I cannot help but compose short stories introducing these three (and honestly, each of the actual frames XD) in my head, and Sanguine's just sends chills up my spine.

definitely creative

+1

Thanks ^-^

It's great to see all the feedback, keep it coming :D

EDIT: One of my clanmates feels slighted that I did not recognize him specifically for his greater-than-average contributions. So here's a shout-out to LegionVangaurd! Also, future Warframes will be posted as "[soTR WARFRAMES #]." Stay tuned for three more frames, code-named Mobile, Elements, and Firearm!

Edited by Siubijeni

An idea is like air...everyone can use it but few can turn it into anything better than a waste product.

Time for me to be the spoil sport...*sigh*

This is why you don't take design suggestions from people who don't know the first thing about game design or balancing.

-Changeling sounds nice on paper but is ridiculously overpowered with any of those abilities.

I don't know what universe you people are living in, but completely negating damage isn't something you want to give to every new WarFrame 'idea' you come up with.  When you do that you also negate a lot of the CHALLENGE which is an extrinsic motivator to keep playing games like this (and getting better gear).

--All 4 of the abilities are overpowered, but being able to copy ANY WF's ultimate is the damn Deus Ex Machina of an 'I win' button!  Are you kidding me!?

--You have any idea of the type of coding nightmare and troubleshooting that would need to be done JUST to get that 'Mimic' ability working properly!?  No. You don't.

-Era sounds like a Mary Sue.  Good job with that btw :P

So she is a 'support frame' with insanely powerful support abilities and even giving Trinity a run for her money...right....but her ultimate matches that of other caster-only frames because who gives a damn about balance, hmm? :P

--All abilities are ridiculously overpowered and imbalanced.

--The abilities would also be a coding/troubleshooting nightmare.  As if we don't have enough issues just getting the game (as-is) to work properly, now you want to throw in spatial-specific time dilation and stat calculations into the mix!?

-Sanguine sounds like what you thought Nekros should be.

Warframes should be unique and having Sanguine compete with Nekros for the 'death frame' title would dilute the uniqueness of Nekros.  While another frame has poisons/debuffs, Nekros has enough utility to be considered a unique specialization on his own.

--None of the abilities sound balanced or compelling enough to implement properly.  I don't doubt the devs likely went through similar ideas for Nekros and discarded them because they actually wanted some semblence of sanity in their game.

--Again, the obsession with negating nearly all damage and having limited-invulnerability periods when the devs just GOT THROUGH removing these types of invulnerability times from other WF abilities!

Edited by Xenrax

An idea is like air...everyone can use it but few can turn it into anything better than a waste product.

This is why you don't take design suggestions from people who don't know the first thing about game design or balancing.

-Changeling sounds nice on paper but is ridiculously overpowered with any of those abilities.

I don't know what universe you people are living in, but completely negating damage isn't something you want to give to every new WarFrame 'idea' you come up with. When you do that you also negate a lot of the CHALLENGE which is an extrinsic motivator to keep playing games like this (and getting better gear).

--All 4 of the abilities are overpowered, but being able to copy ANY WF's ultimate is the damn Deus Ex Machina of an 'I win' button! Are you kidding me!?

--You have any idea of the type of coding nightmare and troubleshooting that would need to be done JUST to get that 'Mimic' ability working properly!? No. You don't.

-Era sounds like a Mary Sue. Good job with that btw :P

So she is a 'support frame' with insanely powerful support abilities and even giving Trinity a run for her money...right....but her ultimate matches that of other caster-only frames because who gives a damn about balance, hmm? :P

--All abilities are ridiculously overpowered and imbalanced.

--The abilities would also be a coding/troubleshooting nightmare. As if we don't have enough issues just getting the game (as-is) to work properly, now you want to throw in spatial-specific time dilation and stat calculations into the mix!?

-Sanguine sounds like what you thought Nekros should be.

Warframes should be unique and having Sanguine compete with Nekros for the 'death frame' title would dilute the uniqueness of Nekros. While another frame has poisons/debuffs, Nekros has enough utility to be considered a unique specialization on his own.

--None of the abilities sound balanced or compelling enough to implement properly. I don't doubt the devs likely went through similar ideas for Nekros and discarded them because they actually wanted some semblence of sanity in their game.

--Again, the obsession with negating nearly all damage and having limited-invulnerability periods when the devs just GOT THROUGH removing these types of invulnerability times from other WF abilities!

And this is why people who know nothing about the person they are insulting should get their heads out of the clouds. You claim that I know nothing about game design and balancing. You'd actually be wrong there, I have a moderate amount of experience with it. My brother and I design and code games for fun, as a hobby, and everyone who has played them agrees they're fun and well-made. Granted, we've never bothered making something as extensive as Warframe, because neither of us is very well practiced at 3d modelling, skinning, and importing. Given an expanded team with artists, I am confident we could come up with a game as fun as Warframe.

Changeling

- He's not immune to all damage. He's immune to ENVIRONMENTAL effects. Do you realize how little damage, relatively speaking, environmental effects deal? The few significant sources of damage are Scorches and Toxics, and since both of those are short range and easily avoided to start with, really it only means that Changeling can engage them in melee easier than other frames. More, what about Iron Skin? It doesn't even have a duration and protects from much more significant sources of damage than this.

- Duplicate is not an unfair ability. You can only copy abilities of the other frames in your party, and since this an aimed ability with a range to prime it, you can't just panic, copy an Ember across the entire room, and blow the world up. If the general consensus is that it is STILL too powerful, there are plenty of simple fixes, for example adding a 25 energy cost to prime the ability in addition to the 100 energy cost to actually activate the copied ability.

- Don't make arrogant statements about people you don't know. As a matter of fact, I do know something about coding, and I know that it could be more complicated than average. However, break the ability down and it's more manageable. First, you need simply switch the player's model and temporarily adjust their speed statistic. Then, disable their ability to switch weapons and give them the appropriate weapon--since nearly all weapons used by enemies are available to Tenno as well, even this is not complicated, save for infested units. Finally--and this is the only truly complicated part--change the shapeshifted warframe's 1st and sometimes 2nd abilities to their appropriate effects. While creating these new abilities is more complicated code-wise, the building blocks are already there. The AIs use these abilities not as abilities per se, but triggered in their behavior and by certain conditions. It would not be overly hard to implement. Besides, when they make a new warframe they code other abilities from scratch, of varying complexities. For example, I seriously doubt Vortex was as simple to code as many players seem to believe and take for granted.

Era

-Saying her abilities are overpowered but offering no specific complaints doesn't cut it, my friend. More and more I am convinced you have no idea what you are talking about. Look at the abilities as a whole, including my comments on them. Many times I have added clarification about the relative sizes and durations that aren't clear in the rest of my descriptions. For example, Era's Decay has a miniscule range for a radial destruction ultimate, as well as 'modest' damage over time. In other words, it deals less damage and has less range, but has the advantage of bypassing shields. It is powerful, but less suited as a panic button than a way for her to help mop up leftover heavies after their lackeys have been killed.

-I'm really not sure what stat-specific calculations you're referring to. Loop doesn't remove damage that wouldn't kill it, so there's no need to calculate that. Just if after it has taken damage, if it isn't dead, apply a heal effect that matches the damage taken. Most likely this execution means that if multiple tenno struck it simultaneously they COULD get through the Loop and kill it, but I am absolutely fine with that, as it requires good teamwork and few distractions such as unkilled and unfrozen enemies. If your complaint is about Accelerate, uninstall warframe right now because the game is full of buffs like that. In fact, Volt's works in a similar fashion, it's just multitarget and doesn't affect your equipment or give the bullet and physics specific damage reduction. Because of this difference, the speed boost from Accelerate would, for balance purposes, be a lesser but more universal boost than that you get from Volt--she's not designed to replace Volt but to complement him and the other warframes.

-The ONE and only concern you've touched on that I will admit has some legitimacy is that of Rewind. Keeping track of the state of the game even seconds earlier would be sure to affect performance, which is why the ability was instead changed to affect only the Tenno and reduce the drain. However keeping track of multiple values (position and health) for each Tenno may not be the best approach either, and I have considered revising the ability to track only position. To keep the main effect of the ability--it's designed as a support ability capable of reviving at a distance, basically--it would still revive fallen Tenno, with perhaps 5% health and 10% shields. It would not in this incarnation heal or restore shields in any other fashion. Regardless, these issues need only be pursued if the ability proves too powerful or too laggy, which will only be known for sure if the devs implement and test her. In that case, they are in a better position to balance the frame.

Sanguine

-Sanguine does not compete with Nekros for the death frame title. Sanguine is the blood frame, the fanatic frame. More, the only reason you might have to say he's "What I thought Nekros should be" is if you read the Transfusion ability I suggested to replace desecrate. However, that ability was conceived before this frame, nor would I consider placing this ability on this frame. It was suggested and designed as a pure supportive ability. Sanguine's role is more of a damage junkie and buffer, a high-risk high-reward offensive frame. Transfusion does not fit him.

-I seriously doubt the devs went through abilities like these, because Nekros is a necromantic frame, where Sanguine is is a blood fanatic. More, how are these abilities unoriginal or uninteresting? Look at the other feedback these frames have received and tell you don't think he would be popular. That's what I thought.

-Excuse me? The Devs did not remove the invulnerability from Trinity's Blessing. Iron Skin is still a limited invulnerability in that it absorbs a fixed amount of damage before letting any through. Sanguine's one invulnerability ability affects ONLY himself, unlike Trin's, and removes his ability to use his weapons while using it as well. As for his Bloodlust DR, it is to compensate for a high health/second cost. But since no one bothers to read my descriptions or clarifications and see that, I'm thinking it might be better to put a 115% incoming damage modifier on him for the duration. Will that satisfy for your need to make people think you are intelligent?

Edited by Siubijeni

As the other member making these warframe designs i do have one thing to say.  Please if you have something negative to say about being overpowered or what not please don't make a big fussy or negative towards the designers.  We are fans of the game we only want to make ideas for the devs and populace to give them ideas to make this game bigger and better in the future.  All you are doing with your hostile posts is just making us as the designers angry because you are basically saying we are stupid if you think they are overpowered fine if you think they are underpowered fine.  Just please keep your comments toward us fans of the game who just want to help the devs in our own way atleast nice we do like both positive and negative feedback but please keep your comments nice.

Statements like this is what I mean, please don't be hostile to us we know you want to express your opinion and reviews but by a comment like this it makes you look like more of a fool because of your statements attempt at belittling the designers. 

Statements like this is what I mean, please don't be hostile to us we know you want to express your opinion and reviews but by a comment like this it makes you look like more of a fool because of your statements attempt at belittling the designers. 

This. Right from the get-go you demonstrate nothing but hostility and a desire to prove yourself superior, along with the self-important and self-absorbed qualities of a first-class narcissist... You know nothing about us, and yet think it's ok to call us out on an ignorance of coding that we do not exhibit.

That said, constructive criticism is always appreciated, such as the previous comments about Sanguine's Bloodlust. For those who were concerned about his damage reduction and unappeased by my arguments that it was fair seen in light of the life/second cost, I have redesigned that penalty slightly. Rather than a life/second cost that must be compensated for or render the frame absolutely useless in any real combat situation, it now calls for a modifier on incoming damage: since Sanguine is in a blood frenzy and takes relatively little care for his well-being in this state, he takes 110-115% damage from all sources.