Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scott Says The Stamina Bar Wasn't Relevant...

Gigatron-Prime

It's pretty much inexhaustible atm if you know to slide every x seconds while running, but if you remove it as a limited resource altogether you'd never need to stop running, and you could parry/dodge forever, I don't know what the solution is, I can see his point about it being pointless to keep tabs on currently but the initial change they did was way too harsh, you could only run for a couple seconds very far apart, which was ridiculous, in Warframe you're running most of the time, I only walk when I try to aim carefully with some hitscan weapon.

His answer was to add a system that hindered us so that we would notice the bar. My answer is to just get rid of it altogether.

If a system isn't relevant why force it to be? Do we really need a stamina bar?

That is really funny because they do teach that in school. The first thing (almost) you learn is if a system isn't working for a game, just drop it, don't make new rules to fix it.

The change didn't make it relevant it just made it annoying.  The only down side was having to wait a second before wall running.

I have load outs with Marathon/Quickrest/Rush and I have loadouts without, and some with just one or two.  If I move to a loadout that has none after playing with them all?  I notice it.  The extent of the nerf was such that it was annoying even with all three. (granted not maxed) but yeah.

There is a difference between having something be relevant and having something be a hindrance.

Stamnina affects rolling, running, melee, blocking etc.

Does it make sense to have a limit to how much we swing our swords, how long we can hold a block, how far we can run, or how much we can roll?

Space ninjas...that catchphrase makes the stamina system seam irrelevant and unneeded.

It's still fine to me. It's not hindering me in any way, shape, or form.

Is waiting 2-3 seconds for your stamina bar to recharge really that bug of a deal?

It's still fine to me. It's not hindering me in any way, shape, or form.

Is waiting 2-3 seconds for your stamina bar to recharge really that bug of a deal?

It's the mods associated with this irrelevant system that I am trying to get at.  A mod for more stamina? A mod for quicker stamina recharge? This stamina system just clutters the other more relevant systems.

Just because there's no bar to running, doesn't mean everyone will 100% of the time be sprinting. I like to walk. I like to take my time. There is a whole meta out there devoted to stealth. They will even be crouching. I say just get rid of the bar and the mods and clean the systems up a bit.

It's the mods associated with this irrelevant system that I am trying to get at.  A mod for more stamina? A mod for quicker stamina recharge? This stamina system just clutters the other more relevant systems.

Just because there's no bar to running, doesn't mean everyone will 100% of the time be sprinting. I like to walk. I like to take my time. There is a whole meta out there devoted to stealth. They will even be crouching. I say just get rid of the bar and the mods and clean the systems up a bit.

This is exactly the point. They were commenting on how they added 3 new mods for all this, which does not help the already crowded builds we have now. They should not need to add things to fix something so trivial in the first place, just dump it.

That is really funny because they do teach that in school. The first thing (almost) you learn is if a system isn't working for a game, just drop it, don't make new rules to fix it.

wall running isn´t working, does that mean they should get rid of it? and what about armor? getting rid of them would be a big mistake, but reworking them would be perfect

When I heard that Scott was going to make the stamina bar relevant, I thought it was going be stuff like "Dodging and blocking will actually do useful stuff now!"

Instead blocking only "got" useful if you want to install these couple of mods into your warframe (and just to be sure, I tested unmodded blocking. it still does absolutely nothing even if the animation that's clearly meant to signify "you blocked something" plays.), and dodging only got useful after someone on the forums suggested it should be useful after update 10 hit. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105829-stamina-changes-awful-suggestion-for-improvement/)

Stamina bars wouldn't be terrible in Warframe if implemented right, but, well...that's the thing. I probably wouldn't be complaining about stamina right now if stuff like "Unmodded blocking doesn't do anything. Ever. At all." weren't things I could complain about right now.

I mean I would probably still suggest stuff like "Stamina should be used for blocking when it's blocking attacks ala Dark Souls, not just when you hold it up", but at least what still seems to be intended integral mechanics (otherwise why let me block at all without any of the blocking mods?) to the game would be working.

Edited by RealityMachina

wall running isn´t working, does that mean they should get rid of it? and what about armor? getting rid of them would be a big mistake, but reworking them would be perfect

Those are completely differenct aspects of the game that affect it as such. Take those or change those and it makes a huge gameplay difference for better or worse. 

The stamina bar on the other hand offers nothing substantial.

In fairness, for a game that touts mobility having a limitation on our mobility such as a stamina bar is a poor idea.

I agree, the stamina bar's relation to movement should be done away with.

However, in terms of blocking, parrying and dodging there should be a cost.

In fairness, for a game that touts mobility having a limitation on our mobility such as a stamina bar is a poor idea.

I agree, the stamina bar's relation to movement should be done away with.

However, in terms of blocking, parrying and dodging there should be a cost.

There is a cost to blocking...our health.