Photo
- - - - -

An Apology

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
880 replies to this topic

#1 DE_Sheldon

DE_Sheldon

Warframe Staff

• Administrator
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Tenno:

This has been quite a week on Warframe. We’ve had some things from Update 10 go over incredibly well, and many other things… well, not so much. We’ve frustrated and angered some of our most loyal players, which is not something we strive for and we want to give you some explanations and try to make it up to you.

So a few explanations of how this came about and the fixes that are coming today!

Void Drop Rates:

What happened?

Well – the last touches on all of the Prime gear finished being made days before the update. All hands were on deck, too many hours of the day. New people who hadn’t worked on these areas before had to quickly make the blueprint pieces and put them into the Void for you guys to get. One thing that we failed to remember, and therefore history repeating itself, was that adding more items into the Void drop tables, obviously increases the rarity of everything in the Void. So, rarity for things like Forma went up. We also made the mistake of adding even more things to the void (like the new team consumable Blueprints) which further added to the problem.

When we realized we had forgotten to fix this after the Update went out, we removed the new Consumables from the drop tables on the weekend, which made us think we had fixed them but we hadn’t adjusted for the new Prime gear as well.

This was absolutely not intentional. I know it is the second time which makes it seem nefarious, but I promise you that wasn’t the case.  Things get pretty hectic here towards the end of every Update push and we mistakenly missed this big issue.

What are we doing about it?

We are now adjusting to both accommodate more things in the Void and also to make sure that drop rates for things like Forma are not hurt now and into the future.  Today’s hotfix will include this fix.

Mutagen and Recipe costs:

What happened?

For clan tech weapons, this was a miscommunication between Scott and I about the power of the new weapons. I thought that the new weapons were significantly more powerful than their final versions ended up being and priced them (still too high) accordingly. Further compounding the high price frustration was the ability to enter the Derelicts and find Mutagen was gated by key crafting build times.

Today’s hotfix will have a large reduction in the cost of these weapon’s Mutagen Mass requirement (example: The Synapse rifle dropped from 11 to 5), all of the new Clan tech items had their Forma requirements dropped by 1, and a massive reduction in the key building times to enter the Derelict (from 1 hour to 1 minute).

How are we going to make it up to you?

We never intend our changes to adversely affect our players.  For many months you have watched Warframe evolve with us and we have formed a close relationship with our players that we hope never changes.  When we screw up, we take responsibility and try to make up for it.  This Update was more painful than it should have been and to make up for it, in addition to the fixes mentioned above, we are providing every player since Update 10 with a Mutagen Mass to help speed along the newly priced Blueprints along with 50 Platinum to help ease the pain.

You should see these items in your account later today.  Please accept our apology.  Thanks for playing Warframe.

DE_Sheldon and the whole Warframe team.

#2 MaxImpact

MaxImpact

Gold Disciple

• PC Member
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thanks man! You guys are awesome! I appreciate the work your whole team puts into this game, and know that we're all human and make mistakes. You all are a great Dev team, and I wish you many more successful years of great game making!

Edited by MaxImpact, 20 September 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#3 ss4chris

ss4chris

Gold Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 1646 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Tenno:

This has been quite a week on Warframe. We’ve had some things from Update 10 go over incredibly well, and many other things… well, not so much. We’ve frustrated and angered some of our most loyal players, which is not something we strive for and we want to give you some explanations and try to make it up to you.

So a few explanations of how this came about and the fixes that are coming today!

Void Drop Rates:

What happened?

Well – the last touches on all of the Prime gear finished being made days before the update. All hands were on deck, too many hours of the day. New people who hadn’t worked on these areas before had to quickly make the blueprint pieces and put them into the Void for you guys to get. One thing that we failed to remember, and therefore history repeating itself, was that adding more items into the Void drop tables, obviously increases the rarity of everything in the Void. So, rarity for things like Forma went up. We also made the mistake of adding even more things to the void (like the new team consumable Blueprints) which further added to the problem.

When we realized we had forgotten to fix this after the Update went out, we removed the new Consumables from the drop tables on the weekend, which made us think we had fixed them but we hadn’t adjusted for the new Prime gear as well.

This was absolutely not intentional. I know it is the second time which makes it seem nefarious, but I promise you that wasn’t the case.  Things get pretty hectic here towards the end of every Update push and we mistakenly missed this big issue.

We are now adjusting to both accommodate more things in the Void and also to make sure that drop rates for things like Forma are not hurt now and into the future.  Today’s hotfix will include this fix.

Mutagen and Recipe costs:

What happened?

For clan tech weapons, this was a miscommunication between Scott and I about the power of the new weapons. I thought that the new weapons were significantly more powerful than their final versions ended up being and priced them (still too high) accordingly. Further compounding the high price frustration was the ability to enter the Derelicts and find Mutagen was gated by key crafting build times.

Today’s hotfix will have a large reduction in the cost of these weapon’s Mutagen Mass requirement (example: The Synapse rifle dropped from 11 to 5), all of the new Clan tech items had their Forma requirements dropped by 1, and a massive reduction in the key building times to enter the Derelict (from 1 hour to 1 minute).

How are we going to make it up to you?

We never intend our changes to adversely affect our players.  For many months you have watched Warframe evolve with us and we have formed a close relationship with our players that we hope never changes.  When we screw up, we take responsibility and try to make up for it.  This Update was more painful than it should have been and to make up for it, in addition to the fixes mentioned above, we are providing every player since Update 10 with a Mutagen Mass to help speed along the newly priced Blueprints along with 50 Platinum to help ease the pain.

You should see these items in your account later today.  Please accept our apology.  Thanks for playing Warframe.

DE_Sheldon and the whole Warframe team.

I dont know any  gaming company that would  goi nto so much in detail of an apology and  compensate for their accidental mistake. >.<

Thanks!

#4 sushidubya

sushidubya

Silver Dragon

• Grand Master
  • 9105 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sheldon thanks for communicating with us. About the void rates problem. Why doesn't DE just consider being transparent about the drop chances, so that there won't ever be a need for dataminers and all the controversy from today?

I mean so many triple A titles (like driving games) tell you that you need to get "XYZ license", earn "ABC amount of credits" and complete "123 event" to get this awesome car, etc. What's the big deal with letting us know?

Edited by sushidubya, 20 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#5 PsychedelicSnake

PsychedelicSnake

Sage

• Master
  • 11748 posts

I can honestly say that I appreciate what it took stand up and own up to any possible mistakes or miscalculations. Respect to that.

And I'm probably alone when I say I'm positive it'll all be great in the end. Although development has it's ups and downs, I know for sure I'll do my part to give feedback, say what I am unhappy with, give bug reports, etc.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I give up on Warframe and the Devs.

Anyway, thanks for owning up, and hopefully we'll see many improvements in the future.

#6 Beean

Beean

Silver Novice

• Master
  • 124 posts

I admit I was shocked with update 10, but as you stated, we have been through growing pains...Thanks DE for continuing to be the best game development team out there in my opinion.

#7 Dtexas

Dtexas

Gold Eagle

• Hunter
  • 4049 posts

Thanks DE.

#8 Egg_Chen

Egg_Chen

Eagle

• PC Member
  • 2148 posts

Wow, thanks.

The plat and mutagen is nice, but I appreciate the honesty and communication even more.

Keep it up Sheldon!

Edited by Egg_Chen, 20 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#9 Ziggarius

Ziggarius

Silver Initiate

• Master
  • 38 posts

great to see you guys coming forth on this, and eagerly waiting for work to end so i can go home and suit up. you have taken me away from every game since update 10, even final fantasy 14!

Edited by Ziggarius, 20 September 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#10 KriLL3

KriLL3

Gold Hunter

• Master
  • 1441 posts

We love he new content, but please don't rush stuff on a friday, let it cook, take your time, we'll be here, a content patch released a week or two later that's more polished and well rested staff is better than an earlier patch that isn't balanced.

Thanks for the honest response, we can understand that you make mistakes, communication both ways is what's important.

Edited by KriLL3, 20 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#11 Ascensiam

Ascensiam

Initiate

• PC Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

No problem, this is exactly the way i was hoping you'd respond, i'm just glad you guys care about us.

#12 Brahmastra

Brahmastra

Eagle

• Grand Master
  • 2890 posts

I just wanted to thank the whole Warframe team for sorting this out properly and adding a compensation.
I really hope you guys will be taking your time on future updates, instead of rushing everything.
Also I am pretty sure that this game will have a good future lying ahead. I am pretty sure I will be playing this game for a long time.

Edited by Brahmastra, 20 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#13 Luminati07

Luminati07

Eagle

• Banned
  • 2934 posts

fma_brotherhood_op_gif_by_freaksoldier-d

#14 iamLoveless

iamLoveless

Disciple

• Hunter
  • 227 posts

Greeeat to hear, my friend linked me to the drop tables and it was really disappointing. Thanks for coming out and addressing this.

#15 Rhorge

Rhorge

Silver Seeker

• Hunter
  • 622 posts

Rushing things in a nutshell. If the update is not ready then don't release it, that just slows down the development and creates a toxic community.

#16 Gravefire

Gravefire

Eagle

• Grand Master
  • 2481 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Wheres my pink shorts mod at ?

Edited by Gravefire, 20 September 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#17 Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Gold Hunter

• PC Member
  • 1998 posts

Thanks for the update Sheldon

#18 wgrant

wgrant

Gold Novice

• Hunter
  • 175 posts

Glad to see information and what sound like adequate fixes.

Please, for everyone's sake, consider less full more frequent updates.

#19 OniDarkClown

OniDarkClown

Gold Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 1214 posts

It's all good.

things happen during hectic times.

BIG thanks for the Plat. it's stuff like this why I was more than happy to get a Founders pack and why i still Buy plat.

Nice to see the price to make the new clan tech drop a bit. and i look forward to making ever last weapon.

Thanks for everything yall do.  Keep on rocking.

227853.gif

Cheers.

Edited by OniDarkClown, 20 September 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#20 Haldos

Haldos

Eagle

• Community Moderator
  • 2859 posts

I really appreciate this, Sheldon. In the future, I hope that you guys will allow yourself room to breath more. I can only imagine the amount of pressure you put on yourselves, not to mention the pressure the community does at the same time. I understand mistakes happen and am glad to see them being recognized and amended. I hope the community at large will feel this way as well.

Give the team my best regards.

Edited by Haldos, 22 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.