Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Sicorro - Sand Warframe *updated 03.06.14*

Paul_Pianoff

(Originated from the Warframe wiki - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Phantom_Bootie_Slap/Sicorro_-_Sand_Warframe'>found here)

[iNTRODUCTION]

Hello everytenno! I want to introduce you to my warframe idea: Sicorro - The Conduit of Sands!

I wanted a caster warframe that would mix my favourites - Loki and Vauban. The came U9.5, which brought Grineer Settlements with lots of sand. It was then the idea sparked in me - perfect!

Sand is underrated.

I want to change that.

[OVERVIEW]

Sicorro is a sand-based caster warframe class that specializes in immobilization and crowd-controlHis flimsiness is compensated by a bigger amount of power, power-oriented polarities and increased speed.

(a sketch by wiki user Kirin9)

250px-20130816_135648.jpg

[stat - rank 0 - rank 30]

Health - 100 - 300

Shields - 75 - 225

Armor - 65

Sprint speed - 1.15

Polarities:

4 =

1 -

1 V

Aura: - 

[powers]

1. From Dust - Sicorro reduces himself to dust, swiftly moving to a new position. Power cost: 25.

- Sicorro transforms into particles of sand and moves towards the targeted location 8 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters away. Affected by Power Duration.

- Enemies in Sicorro's path are staggered and have a chance to be affected by a Corrosive proc.

2. Toss - Pillars of sand rise before Sicorro, sending his foes airborne. Power cost: 50.

- Sicorro consecutively raises 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 pillars in the chosen direction. Not affected by Power Strength.

- Each pillar has a diameter of 3 meters; enemies who are caught in this diameter are tossed upwards by the pillar. Affected by Power Range.

-- This also affects how far the pillars spawn from eachother, effectively increasing the range of the ability.

3. Not thought of yet - Sicorro does something. Power cost: number.

4. Sandstorm - Sicorro summons gusts of sand, forming a massive sandstorm. The storm worsens foes' vision and corrodes their armor. Power cost: 100.

- Area in a 10 / 15 / 15 / 20 meter radius around the cast location is covered in a sandstorm that lasts for 12 / 16 / 20 / 24 seconds. Affected by Power Range and Duration respectively.

- Enemies have severely decreased accuracy when trying to shoot Sicorro and his allies / allied objects inside the storm.

-- The effect is even greater if an enemy is inside the sandstorm.

- Enemies inside the sandstorm are dealt  75 / 75 / 150 / 225 Corrosive damage per second with a high Corrosive proc chance. Damage affected by Power Strength.

- Has a 30% chance to proc Impact on enemies inside the storm each second.

[CONCLUSION]

Thanks for reading this blog! I hope you like the idea! Please leave feedback, ideas and opinions. And, as I am not an artist myself, sketches and art are very much welcome!

Edited by PhantomRUS9

The concept of the frame sounds rather interesting and with a few tweaks to the skills I think it could be a rather viable and entertaining frame.  My main concern with the proposed skills is redundancy with existing frames.  There's obvious overlap (as you mentioned) with Quicksand and Vortex as well as with Dirty Trick and Radial Blind.  Are there any changes you've considered to maybe make those two skills stand out a bit more?  Also, are there any auxiliary effects to From Dust?  The description doesn't mention if there's an associated speed buff or invincibility/shield and I think without some such aspect it could be a rather weak skill.

Those questions/critiques aside, I think the idea of a sand-based frame is a rather interesting one and I think you've done a good job presenting skills that seem to strongly fit the concept.  Also, absolutely love the aesthetic in that concept art; looks badass. 

@Wriith: Thanks for your feedback! This idea was posted on the wiki a long time ago and I kind of forgot about it. I am planning to re-work the 1st and 3rd abilities, as, I agree, they seem too much like Radial Blind and Vortex.

From Dust is a sort of a dash ability. Think of Excal's and Rhino's first abilities mixed with Ash's Teleport with removed damage and stagger effect upon finishing. I do not want to remake it though, as I want Sicorro to be a fast-moving frame like Loki (mentioned above, btw).

The sketch is not made by me but I highly adore it. Kirin9 perfectly put the vision into the name of Sicorro: a slender, warm-coloured, scorpion-like frame.

Edited by PhantomRUS9

From Dust is a sort of a dash ability. Think of Excal's and Rhino's first abilities mixed with Ash's Teleport with removed damage and stagger effect upon finishing. I do not want to remake it though, as I want Sicorro to be a fast-moving frame like Loki (mentioned above, btw).

Ah, right on.  I get it now.  That sounds like it would be at the very least a useful mobility skill and potentially some nice crowd control.  Cool concept!

I had an idea for his second ability. What if instead of a pool of sand, he instead bursts into a cloud of sand which can move around normally, goes through enemies, and inflicts minor damage but staggers them?

That sounds interesting. I cannot edit the original post right now, but I will soon.

• 4 weeks later...