Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swords and Melee Weapons List + Improvement Suggestions

MetaMortred

Before you jump on me and say how is this related, hear me out first.

Firstly there is no comparing system when it comes to melee weapons, they are just there and you have to equip them to know how much damage they deal . . . this must be fixed.

Secondly, there is no explanation and description on the new swords.

Thirdly, THEIR STATS MAKE NO SENSE. A weapon you expect to be powerful is weak and a weapon you expect to be weak is powerful e.g. Cronus vs Plasma Sword. I have heard some of them have special abilities, I for one have not seen them. Here we are going to:

First: Collect all the known melee weapon stats to know what we are dealing with.

Second: Come up with ideas to improve them. Add damage or special effect. e.g. Plasma Sword to deal electric damage, heat sword to deal fire damage, etc . . .

So, first order of business - I will list all I know - you also add to it, and we will complete the list. If you have a weapon make your suggestion as well. All of them have 100% accuracy so only put damage and speed:

Skana

Damage:

Speed:

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions:

Dual Skana

Damage: 25

Speed: 1

Charge DMG:

Special: Can Hit Multiple Targets.

Suggestions: Increase speed to 1.8 or 2.

BO

Damage:

Speed:

Charge DMG:

Special: Knocks Back Enemies.

Suggestions: Increase Speed, add AoE feature

Furax

Charge DMG: 150

Special: Ignores armor.

Suggestions: increase speed to 2 or 3

Cronus

Damage: 35

Speed: 1.3

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Should be weaker.

Ceramic Dagger

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Speed should increase to 1.5.

Dark Sword

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Should have a speed of 1.6.

Dark Dagger

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Should have a speed of 1.7.

Plasma Sword

Charge DMG: 125

Special: High Charge Damage

Suggestions: Should deal Electric Damage when charged.

Heat Sword

Speed: 1.5

Charge DMG: 75

Special:

Suggestions: Should deal Fire Damage when charged.

Pangolion Sword

Damage: 30

Speed: 1.3

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Should have a reach of 1.3.

Jaw Sword

Charge DMG:

Special:

Suggestions: Damage should increase to 40. Speed decrease to 0.8.

Some Pictures courtesy of HitsuSan: http://monosnap.com/...mTeeEG10GuUty5/

Suggest and I will add them here. Unlike the other boss thread, only this post will be updated.

P.S. If you are interested to know where they drop please visit this thread: https://forums.warfr...ps/page__st__80

Edited by TheNexusCloud

why u want to nerf cronus? that makes no sense, enemies get more and more armor so melee weps should be buffed instead of nerfed

anyway suggestion to buff dual skana to fire rate 2 and makes its charge speed faster since its just 2 small lightweight swords(terrible reach) it only makes sense. Right now its fire rate 1 which does not make sense

The dagges (dark and ceramic) r useless only hits 1 reach worse than dual skana maybe they should have a recipe to combine them into dual daggers or the item itself should be dual also with fire rate of 2 and have them hit all like dual skana

Bo staff is listed as a knockback weapon throws enemies into the air but does not really knock back at all maybe give it a special jump attack or charge ability that actually knocks back? my vision of the weapon would be a jump attack that slams down knocks enemies in the air in a stasis (i doubt that would happen) or a charge attack that swings all around the user with a wide area that send enemies flying in the air (they r left flying in the air for some time while wailing all around before they fall down)

the fists well they need a lot of improvement in some shape or form whether its in attack patterns, special ability or simply make them super fast like attack rate 3-5 ?_? or make them move forward alot with each punch with an uppercut in the combo to send an enemy in the air? also since their reach is the worst of all weapons they should also hit all in range

Edited by Montiblanc

You should also add in a "what makes this sword special" part to your thread, otherwise the damage stats are kind of meaningless...

For example, Dual Skana while having lower damage per hit also hits up to 3 targets instead of 1... so saying that it only does 25 damage per swing without explaining the extra hits makes this weapon sound alot worse... also i would assume that most of the other weapons also have some kind of "perk" ascociated with them.

I belive a mod also said something about plasma sword doing more damage on a charged attack than a normal attack somewhere today o.O

Edited by insomniaplaysgames

besides too many stats r always left unlisted on melee weapons and guns

for guns they dont list max ammo or reload time or amount of spread. whether or not it hits more than 1 target (for shotguns u can equip in pistol and rifle section)

for melee weapons they dont list amount of charge time charge damge, reach, amount of enemies hit,

these things should be included in shop and wen crafting the info should be there before i start crafting it

also its true plasma charge damage is base 125 and every charge upgrade gives it 12.50

nexus since u own all these weapons trying equipping them then look at their upgrade tree and list how much charge damage they do please?

Edited by Montiblanc

the fists well they need a lot of improvement in some shape or form whether its in attack patterns, special ability or simply make them super fast like attack rate 3-5 ?_? or make them move forward alot with each punch with an uppercut in the combo to send an enemy in the air? also since their reach is the worst of all weapons they should also hit all in range

Seriously?

They have a 150 damage charge attack, charge quickly, ignore all armor damage reductions (this is a massive advantage, it effectively triples their damage against Grineer) and have an effective jump-melee ground pound with the same reach as sword ground pounds but more damage. They're actually pretty amazing weapons.

Dual Skanas cleave (arguably so should the Chronus, or they should had a bigger 2 handed sword).

Chronus should do more damage it's fine as it is IMO.

Daggers should have faster attacks and peirce armor (but do low damage).

The Furax already ignores armor and has a bigger ground slam which is fine (I think the slams bigger).

The Bo should stagger single enemies without having to charge or cleave as well, at the moment I feel its the least powerful melee weapon.

Dual Skanas cleave (arguably so should the Chronus, or they should had a bigger 2 handed sword).

Chronus should do more damage it's fine as it is IMO.

Daggers should have faster attacks and peirce armor (but do low damage).

The Furax already ignores armor and has a bigger ground slam which is fine (I think the slams bigger).

The Bo should stagger single enemies without having to charge or cleave as well, at the moment I feel its the least powerful melee weapon.

Could you share some of the stats here?

Could you share some of the stats here?

No idea what the exact stats (such as damage and range) are other than what each weapon says in the stats section. Which is 25 damage for every weapon other than Cronus which is 35.

All I know is what each one does. I haven't used any of the weapons that drop from pluto yet.

Furax

Charge Damage:150

Highest base charge dmg that I've encountered so far. Having at least a +10% heavy charge mod and maxed level really makes this a killer. You can quite literally solo a whole level just using this.

Furax

Charge Damage:150

Highest base charge dmg that I've encountered so far. Having at least a +10% heavy charge mod and maxed level really makes this a killer. You can quite literally solo a whole level just using this.

Thanks, I didnt know that Im gonna try that now. I also updated the thread. thanks.

i feel the Cronus is pretty generic compared to the Skana, while better in every way it seems, it doesn't seem to have any perks for being a ceramic sword rather than a metal one.

not entirely sure what the Cronus should be, but maybe, a higher chance (maybe 10-15%) to do critical damage (or just to cleave the enemy, but i don't think that has a chance so crits are the next best i think) so it wil cleave enemies more, since a ceramic sword would be sharper as well as lighter&faster, it would likely have a better ability to cut really deep into enemies.

Dang it, the Cronus is pretty strong and all but man... it's kind of a boring looking sword. I was hoping the other swords would be stronger or something since they drop from higher bosses and are aesthetically pleasing.

Also why do elemental mods on Furax only have the visual on the right gauntlet? Why not both?

Edited by Sheetaki

Plasma sword only has 25 damage? wtf? Disappointed yet again...just like with the dark sword. Why do most of these weapons have such similar stats. By the sound of it a plasma sword would do more damage you'd think lol.

You need to use the charge attack. I forget the numbers, but its crazy powerful.

Both the dark and plasma swords have 125 base charge melee dmg, making the strongest "charge" swords and only outtrumped by the FURAX with 150 base charge damage (you'll have to be within breathing range AND aim directly in front of you to hit anything though)