Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hide Duplicate Mods

Nerevar22g

Just have a small tiny suggestion for future update maybe

"Hide duplicate mods" button on mod selection screen where you upgrade weapon/warframe. Im kind of tired of browsing 20 pages of mods looking for the one rare mod I pimped out long ago, specially since it only displays maybe 6 mods per page lol

Personally, I love looking over miles and miles of Ammo Drums and Slash Dashes.

It makes me feel... accomplished.

Having so many mods, all of which I cannot use, is fun to look over.

Also, it makes for a pretty big sign, since I set things in alphabetical order, and it works to help me from gently scrolling down.

try having over 1000+ mods and over 35 pages to look through for each category. its a pain. i literally have to sing the abc to guess where i want to go -_-

Try nearly 10,000 mods and 120+ pages.

Edited by Asbyn

try having over 1000+ mods and over 35 pages to look through for each category. its a pain. i literally have to sing the abc to guess where i want to go -_-

Try having 9000 mods and it's much much worse. When you want to mod up a weapon, you have to page through 40 pages before the page numbers even come up on your screen. Miss the mod you want on that journey and you can't just click page 38, because it's not shown.....you gotta cancel, re-enter the weapon mod process and start clicking again, thru 30 something pages.

Mods are not sorted in a any way as a subcategory within their alphabetical sorting. e.g Ranked up mods within alphabetical category.

It's been reported countless times before for months and months. It is one of the most annoying aspects of the mod UI.

Others are

1. A,B,C,D loadouts...why there was not an option to copy loadout A TO B or B to C, or D to B etc.., I don't know. If you have 1000s of mods, it's a real pain to redo each loadout from scratch, just to change 1 mod slot.

2. Why can't you click shift to multi select when upgrading mods and it will apply them all, or what's required to fully rank up a mod. That last pip on serration can take 400-500 fusion cores. With the current system it's click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, ..................click, click, click 500 times, then click fuse all the time hoping it doesn't crash. Mind numbing

3. Someone at DE must have thought it a great idea to have the recent first sorting on mods (so you can see anything unusual you might have picked up) with the most recent ones LAST in the list. If you got 9000 mods, guess what....you sort, then have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

4. The same person at DE probably thought we would want all the shotgun mods mixed in with the rifle ones.

5. Your searching for that elusive mod, it's easier to open up the big generic mod window, select rifle pistol, whatever, scroll down quickly till you find it. BUT, wouldn't it be nice to right click it and apply it to the weapon...or right click and remove it....if they can't do that at least right click and tag it, so it comes first in the weapon window, when you go to mod the weapon.

6. You are modding a weapon and want to remove 2 mods (to make space for a larger one, can you right click and remove....no, you gotta go right to the end of the mods bar at the bottom, drag the mods into empty slots. Then if the mod you want is say on page 34, have to apply, exit, re-enter, then page thru loads of ammo boxes etc...

I could go on, but it would be pointless, because no doubt they have another weapon just waiting to be released.

Edited by DaveC

You know, if you guys have so many mods...... Sell/transmute whatever you don't need.

I would gladly do this is the sell interface was a bit better.  Clicking on each individual mod to sell it takes a long time. 

I fully support the OP's suggestion, in fact, I think that all screens should just show quantities instead of duplicates. 

IE, if you have one Ammo drum that's rank 2, one ammo drum that's maxed, and 150 ammo drums that are rank 1, you'd see *just three* entries:

- Ammo Drum (Rank 1), Qty:150

- Ammo Drum (Rank 2), Qty: 1

- Ammo Drum (Max), Qty: 1

Do this for the inventory/sell interface as well, and if you click to sell any mod/item that you have more than one of, display a second "how many?" popup. 

It's being worked on. Seriously, am I the only one on the forums that watches livestreams?

"It's being worked on" doesn't cut it when the game has a UI that would be embarrassing in an alpha test, when it's in open beta 2 months from release.

Like... mods don't stack, the page 1 button on the loadout screen still doesn't work despite being a known issue for months, you can't click and drag to select multiple mods for fusion, and if you have more than 2,000 mods the mod screen is prone to crashing.

It really can't be overstated how abysmal this is. And instead of getting fixed, we get a re-design of the Arsenal that breaks experience bars.

Edited by litlit

The thread is a suggestion for mod stacking. The devs have stated they are working on it. Why would makinga post telling them to do something they're already doing be helpful?

I'm not disagreeing with you litlit, I'm just saying not to make posts to ask for is suggest things they've already told us their doing.

Edited by MeteorKing

You know, if you guys have so many mods...... Sell/transmute whatever you don't need.

Well there's a very good reason to NOT do what you suggest, if another mod like serration or hornet strike comes along, for the last 3 pips on that mod you need something like 900 fusion cores, just to max up the last 3 points. The best use of 100s of ammo boxes and other such crap is to do the initial ranking of that mod (especially if they are the same polarity).

Transmute costs 32K and delivers another crap mod you have loads of already - poor solution and costly

Selling mods is 100-300 credits each or something - poor solution, because they are far more use to burn to rank up a mod. Plus it's a lot of click shifts to sell 500 of something and because they are not sorted by rank within alphabetical order, you need to be careful you don't sell some fully ranked mods amongst those.

You may think the solution is simple, but it's not.....if people are force to sell everything just to make the interface usable. DE then change something where you wish you hadn't sold them, then you get the same bleating you did about Mutagen Samples. People got just enough for their needs and didn't get any more. me I continued farming for a few hours to get another 800 Mutagen samples......look what happened recently with everyone complaining they're rare (which they are not really, if you know how to farm them).

Do you not see that the UI for dealing with Mods is just so poor and has been for more than 3 months.....people make excuses like "don't you watch the live steams"...yeah of course, but when I see a load of weapons and items e.g. scarves (for god sake) released and this still not fixed....it makes think me that this is not acceptable.

Edited by DaveC

Just have a small tiny suggestion for future update maybe

"Hide duplicate mods" button on mod selection screen where you upgrade weapon/warframe. Im kind of tired of browsing 20 pages of mods looking for the one rare mod I pimped out long ago, specially since it only displays maybe 6 mods per page lol

they already talked about that. it's coming soon enough.

Yes - I have a similar idea - maybe mods of the same type could slot into each other like cards, with a small bit of mod poking out to make it clear how many there are in the pile.

Any thoughts on this ?

Apparently DE is working on it. Apparently for a while now if you belie the rumours people say in the threads I posted above... >_>

But yes that or just a slide bar with the quantity would be great. Like you select a mod for fusion or selling and you can slide the bar for the quantity you want to fuse/sell. Each mod (including its rank) having its own slot.