Photo

*new* Lobby Ui Concept (Image)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

LUIC.png

Hello, Tenno! I want to share a concept design that I put a good amount of time into this morning. This concept mainly focuses on a new "Lobby" design. There are also a few new features I added that I believe all of us would LOVE to see incorporated into Warframe. I will also be listing out the changes, and explain my thoughts behind them.

Without further ado:

lobby3.png

Since there is SOOO much to take in from this image, let me start from top to bottom!

SquadRating.png

I feel that in future missions there should be "Squad Rating" requirements. In time DE will come out with a cleaned up rating system to determine how strong our Warframes actually are. When that time comes and difficult missions/boss fights arise, the only way you should be able to get into some of them is by have strong squads! Why? Because we don't have an endgame, and we can all agree that there should be missions and rewards for players and squads that have worked extremely hard on their gear.

warframeinfo.png

Just a cool feature that would make the lobby a bit nicer looking. You would also be able to see peoples helmets/color themes/weapons. Hovering over players Warframes would also pop-up with a panel similar to what you see saying "Fang Prime". (Take a look at Weapon Icons down below for more info.)

readybutton.png

Self explanatory. Always great to know whether someone is finishing up their load-out for a certain mission or not.

KickPlayer.png

This option is a must when it comes to assembling a strong squad. Every once in awhile you will get that Mastery 2 player that wants to go on a T3 Defense, and make the other 3 players life a living hell! Why remake a party just to get rid of one person?!?!

InfoPanels.png

Avatar Image - Nothing new here.

Clan Emblem - HELL YES! Adding this would totally add more incentive towards getting a Clan Emblem!

Weapon Icons and Hover Pop-up Info - To me, THIS is one of the most important features that currently need to be implemented into the game. Being able to see how strong other players weapons/warframes are, as well as learning how other people build, could greatly increase the amount of socialization within the community. The "Polarity Bonuses" are just another feature I feel DE could have a lot of fun with. Motivating people to put the maximum amount of forma in their weapons/warframes to earn unlock-able bonuses.

Text Info: Mastery, Conclave, and Warframe. All typical info that should be displayed. You may ask... Why Warframe XP? Because WE want to know whether or not you have that Warframe's mechanics down! WE want to know that you have played that Warframe long enough to establish a build that suits your play-style, and can save the team in a clutch situation when need be!

InvitePlayer.png

Should be much easier than it is. Don't know how many times I have seen people ask, "How do I invite someone?". I feel the way I made "Adding Players" could be much more convenient.

MissionSelect.png

I am going to be working on a mock-up menu for selecting missions if this post gets enough support. For now, it is self-explanatory.

Requirements.png

This is another area that I might make a mock-up of. Basically... Let's say you were hosting a T3 Defense and looking for a 4th member to join your squad. Sure, you could always go into recruiting and wait for someone to respond. Or...That 4th person could simply go to a separate "Find Mission" menu, filter out what type of mission they are looking to do, and join your party if they meet the requirements!

Mastery Requirement - General Warframe knowledge.

Conclave Requirement - How strong your Warframe is.

Warframe XP - How well you know your Warframe.

Mission XP - How well you know the specific mission.

LobbyChat.png

Self-Explanatory! LOL! I know, we have squad chat. But who can't agree that the chat window need an overhaul?

updates.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Changed background to planets (requested). I like the way it looks!

- Added "Ping Indicator" (requested) to the left of the player names. Green being "Low Ping", yellow would be "Average Ping" and red is "High Ping".

- Better "Start Mission" / "Change Mission" buttons.

- Used fan kit to add better "Full Body Renders" of what the "Warframe Preview" could look like.

- Changed the ping indicator to a more conventional looking indicator.

Original: https://dl.dropboxus...obbyConcept.png

10/02 : https://dl.dropboxus...bbyconcept2.png

10/03: https://dl.dropboxus...1113/lobby3.png

Edited by ScopeWraith, 03 October 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#2 PsychedelicSnake

PsychedelicSnake

Silver Dragon

• Master
  • 9094 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I like it, although I would prefer how the Warframes are presented as they are, against the space backdrop.

#3 Neruell

Neruell

Silver Disciple

• Hunter
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wow this looks interesting, you also forgot "Change host" near "Game host" xD

#4 DCypherThis13

DCypherThis13

Gold Disciple

• PC Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I wonder if DE is hiring..... +1

#5 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Appreciate the support guys. This was literally a rough mock-up. There are still things I would continue to add such as change host and giving other players ability to invite.

5+ hours went into this. If I keep getting feedback and recommendations as to what to add, I may do so and make a 2.0 version. =P

I wonder if DE is hiring..... +1

Me too! xD

Edited by ScopeWraith, 02 October 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#6 TheSphynx

TheSphynx

Gold Disciple

• PC Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Looks good. You should include a bar for each player that displays their ping to the current host. In that case, people would know before the game starts if they are going to play in a lag hurricane.

#7 SignalWarden

SignalWarden

Gold Novice

• PC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

The only issue I have with this is the conclave/mastery limitation. It would suddenly become insanely hard to join a game if you are running with two underlevelled weapons. 

This is a really nice UI set up though. Also, I would bring down the size of the warframes and increase the size of the mission box. That should take up much more real estate. Your UI is still leaps and bounds better than what we have. 

#8 bejuizb

bejuizb

Silver Eagle

• PC Member
  • 3474 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well thought out design. Is it possible for you to make it a less cluttered design? Like probably a weapon comparison tab or something instead of listing everything out on the lobby screen?

#9 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

The only issue I have with this is the conclave/mastery limitation. It would suddenly become insanely hard to join a game if you are running with two underlevelled weapons. 

This is a really nice UI set up though. Also, I would bring down the size of the warframes and increase the size of the mission box. That should take up much more real estate. Your UI is still leaps and bounds better than what we have. 

The warframes were tricky to throw in there. Didn't have much to work with as far as using models. As far as the conclave/mastery limitation. Have you ever run a T3 defense with a mastery 2? =P

Well thought out design. Is it possible for you to make it a less cluttered design? Like probably a weapon comparison tab or something instead of listing everything out on the lobby screen?

I think you are misunderstanding the design. This "would" be the actual lobby. This isn't an arsenal sub-screen.

#10 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Added a few updates based on some of your recommendations! Let me know what you guys think!

#11 Glazy

Glazy

Silver Seeker

• PC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

+1 for the effort sir! Nice work 

#12 Trainer772

Trainer772

Gold Hunter

• Master
  • 1337 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

That actually looks preeetty darn sick.

#13 Myrmandos

Myrmandos

Initiate

• Hunter
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

I like that alot! Well done! The current UI is lacking in a lot of ways, I sure hope DE is taking notes from player feedbacks and suggestions!

#14 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thank you guys!

I do hope DE does get some sort of ideas from this. I spend A LOT of timing plaything Warframe (Know the game like the back of my hand). I just want to help improve the game with features/ideas that are important to any player.

Edited by ScopeWraith, 03 October 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#15 ScopeWraith

ScopeWraith

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Added a few updates (per recommendations)! Check bottom of original post for more info!

#16 Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Gold Initiate

• PC Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

I like it.

#17 Plasmaface

Plasmaface

Middle Master

• Grand Master
  • 2902 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Do want!

#18 Soapaosin

Soapaosin

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

Something like this, sure!

#19 Krotalon

Krotalon

Silver Hunter

• Disciple
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hell, yes.

#20 Harazard

Harazard

Seeker

• PC Member
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

This is good really but the limit with the conclave and frame exp? bit too much for certain people to handle :(