Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*new* Lobby Ui Concept (Image)

ScopeWraith

LUIC.png

Hello, Tenno! I want to share a concept design that I put a good amount of time into this morning. This concept mainly focuses on a new "Lobby" design. There are also a few new features I added that I believe all of us would LOVE to see incorporated into Warframe. I will also be listing out the changes, and explain my thoughts behind them.

Without further ado:

lobby3.png

Since there is SOOO much to take in from this image, let me start from top to bottom!

SquadRating.png

I feel that in future missions there should be "Squad Rating" requirements. In time DE will come out with a cleaned up rating system to determine how strong our Warframes actually are. When that time comes and difficult missions/boss fights arise, the only way you should be able to get into some of them is by have strong squads! Why? Because we don't have an endgame, and we can all agree that there should be missions and rewards for players and squads that have worked extremely hard on their gear.

warframeinfo.png

Just a cool feature that would make the lobby a bit nicer looking. You would also be able to see peoples helmets/color themes/weapons. Hovering over players Warframes would also pop-up with a panel similar to what you see saying "Fang Prime". (Take a look at Weapon Icons down below for more info.)

readybutton.png

Self explanatory. Always great to know whether someone is finishing up their load-out for a certain mission or not.

KickPlayer.png

This option is a must when it comes to assembling a strong squad. Every once in awhile you will get that Mastery 2 player that wants to go on a T3 Defense, and make the other 3 players life a living hell! Why remake a party just to get rid of one person?!?!

InfoPanels.png

Avatar Image - Nothing new here.

Clan Emblem - HELL YES! Adding this would totally add more incentive towards getting a Clan Emblem!

Weapon Icons and Hover Pop-up Info - To me, THIS is one of the most important features that currently need to be implemented into the game. Being able to see how strong other players weapons/warframes are, as well as learning how other people build, could greatly increase the amount of socialization within the community. The "Polarity Bonuses" are just another feature I feel DE could have a lot of fun with. Motivating people to put the maximum amount of forma in their weapons/warframes to earn unlock-able bonuses.

Text Info: Mastery, Conclave, and Warframe. All typical info that should be displayed. You may ask... Why Warframe XP? Because WE want to know whether or not you have that Warframe's mechanics down! WE want to know that you have played that Warframe long enough to establish a build that suits your play-style, and can save the team in a clutch situation when need be!

InvitePlayer.png

Should be much easier than it is. Don't know how many times I have seen people ask, "How do I invite someone?". I feel the way I made "Adding Players" could be much more convenient.

MissionSelect.png

I am going to be working on a mock-up menu for selecting missions if this post gets enough support. For now, it is self-explanatory.

Requirements.png

This is another area that I might make a mock-up of. Basically... Let's say you were hosting a T3 Defense and looking for a 4th member to join your squad. Sure, you could always go into recruiting and wait for someone to respond. Or...That 4th person could simply go to a separate "Find Mission" menu, filter out what type of mission they are looking to do, and join your party if they meet the requirements!

Mastery Requirement - General Warframe knowledge.

Conclave Requirement - How strong your Warframe is.

Warframe XP - How well you know your Warframe.

Mission XP - How well you know the specific mission.

LobbyChat.png

Self-Explanatory! LOL! I know, we have squad chat. But who can't agree that the chat window need an overhaul?

updates.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Changed background to planets (requested). I like the way it looks!

- Added "Ping Indicator" (requested) to the left of the player names. Green being "Low Ping", yellow would be "Average Ping" and red is "High Ping".

- Better "Start Mission" / "Change Mission" buttons.

- Used fan kit to add better "Full Body Renders" of what the "Warframe Preview" could look like.

- Changed the ping indicator to a more conventional looking indicator.

Original: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20611113/LobbyConcept.png

10/02 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20611113/lobbyconcept2.png

10/03: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20611113/lobby3.png

Edited by ScopeWraith

Appreciate the support guys. This was literally a rough mock-up. There are still things I would continue to add such as change host and giving other players ability to invite.

5+ hours went into this. If I keep getting feedback and recommendations as to what to add, I may do so and make a 2.0 version. =P

I wonder if DE is hiring..... +1

Me too! xD

Edited by ScopeWraith

The only issue I have with this is the conclave/mastery limitation. It would suddenly become insanely hard to join a game if you are running with two underlevelled weapons. 

This is a really nice UI set up though. Also, I would bring down the size of the warframes and increase the size of the mission box. That should take up much more real estate. Your UI is still leaps and bounds better than what we have. 

The only issue I have with this is the conclave/mastery limitation. It would suddenly become insanely hard to join a game if you are running with two underlevelled weapons. 

This is a really nice UI set up though. Also, I would bring down the size of the warframes and increase the size of the mission box. That should take up much more real estate. Your UI is still leaps and bounds better than what we have. 

The warframes were tricky to throw in there. Didn't have much to work with as far as using models. As far as the conclave/mastery limitation. Have you ever run a T3 defense with a mastery 2? =P

Well thought out design. Is it possible for you to make it a less cluttered design? Like probably a weapon comparison tab or something instead of listing everything out on the lobby screen?

I think you are misunderstanding the design. This "would" be the actual lobby. This isn't an arsenal sub-screen.

Thank you guys!

I do hope DE does get some sort of ideas from this. I spend A LOT of timing plaything Warframe (Know the game like the back of my hand). I just want to help improve the game with features/ideas that are important to any player.

Edited by ScopeWraith

I don't think this is perfect, but it's pretty close to being so. The only big improvement to it that I can think of right now is the actual style, which would no doubt be adapted to how the new UI looks in the game, if the devs decide to implement this. You did a pretty great job, it's pretty well thought out.

This is good really but the limit with the conclave and frame exp? bit too much for certain people to handle :(

As I explained earlier. There should and needs to be some missions ONLY for players that have put a lot of time into their warframes/weapons. Take a look at recruiting chat these days. Everyone "Looking For", yet not actually going through the effort themselves to get the keys or whatever. I blew through nearly ALL (150+ no exaggeration) of my keys compiling tables to prove forma had been nearly removed from the game. Yet I went on to re-farm myself enough keys to get the Boar Prime and Mag Prime. When you are trying to set up a nice squad to run those T3 missions, 1/2 the people you invite have under a 4 mastery. Personally. I get extremely frustrated when a 20 minutes T3 Defense run takes 60 minutes because ONE person decided they wanted to leech off the hard work of others.

So here you are, grinding keys, looking to take well geared players who actually deserve the prime gear to the mission, and you get stuck having to reform a party because there are too many new players that want to go from an MK-1 Braton to a Braton Prime all in their first week of playing this game.

IF DE doesn't establish END-GAME content, restricted to players that have reached END-GAME. Then what are we spending all this time working on our warframes/weapons for?

Edited by ScopeWraith

I agree with Mission Requirements. I will say, there is nothing more annoying than carrying a Mastery 3 through a T3 Defense. Too many beginners trying to take shortcuts. Sitting in Recruiting saying "LF blah blah" and not actually farming the keys themselves. The chat is called 'Recruiting' for a reason, it is not a 'I'm a leech, someone farm keys and take me to the void.' tab. I have worked very hard to obtain and modify the weapons and warframes I own. When I end up with a Mastery 4 beginner in my T3 Defense party that does 3% of the party's damage, I can not help but get angered. I can't even count how many time I have seen beginner players in T3 Defense with a MK-1 Braton or a Lato and expect to get a Braton Prime by getting carried. It's extremely frustrating and SHOULD be fixed with a party lobby like this.

I like your lobby, but I like the current lobby as well... I'd like the camera to zoom out a little and show all characters sitting around the solar system, with the part they will be visiting highligthed especially.

This is not very efficient use of space.

I like the current focus on what mission we are going to join, with the little diorama that shows us in the mission. That is FINE.

Just use the space around it to do this stuff.

Conclave limit... please no.

Hard enough to find a game at times, imagine searching a game for your mission and a little screen comes up

[size=6]"You have a too low mastery rank to join any of the available games."[/size]

Nope. That'd be such a slap in the face. Might as well give them the message "BUZZ OFF NUB HAEHAHEHAEHAEHAHEHAEHAE"

Edited by Sherbniz

I like the idea, but there's too much damn information. We don't need to see this much info. The Ready/NotReady buttons, Kick button, and mission search are all good, but we just don't need the rest of the stuff. It's just unnecessary clutter.