Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewarding Progress, Unlocking Missions, Void Keys - A Discussion On "endgame" Content.

xenapan

I dislike the severe grindwall that are void keys. Not that I can't get enough void keys (I've probably 60+ sitting in my inventory right now) and not that I can't find a group (even IF I didn't have a key).

I dislike the fact that you can't maintain progress. You get a void key, you use it to complete the mission then its gone.

I dislike the fact that the only places to consistently find void keys are defense and survival. This makes the game feel more grindy as you just mostly sit around and shoot at things. Not to mention you aren't playing the other modes as much.

I dislike nightmare mode because the rewards are lousy (mostly because I already have all of them) and that it hasn't provided any real sort of challenge to the point where I simply never do nightmare mode missions anymore because of the randomness and unpredictability of the "factors".

So I'm suggesting something: what if we made an alternate entrance to the void? A permanent one? Or at least a semi-permanent one.

Something like the clan key: where we can use it but not lose it. I assume the orokin void keys are simply a link to another part of space (if not time) and that with enough resources, time, and money they can be replicated.

First step: research

We need data on manufacture, as well as the technologies involved this means missions. Each completion of a mission will add progress to your research. Of course, facilities with any information on how to access the void are heavily guarded (and thus in nightmare mode) The different types of missions will have different amounts of "useful" information you gather from each of the missions you complete (survival, exterminate, defense are unrelated). Capture/Rescue: Get information from a hostage or VIP. Mobile defense: infiltrate enemy systems for information. Spy: steal data that may help. Basically a progress bar like the events except it goes up different amounts for each of the missions completed depending on the type of mission, what % it's currently at etc. An alternative would be you complete X missions (with each mission acting like an alert except it lasts longer like 4-5 hours, but you must complete that mission to move on to the next). This part is MEANT to be long Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither can keys that somehow transport you across space into a pocket dimension. That said, once done, this step does not need to be repeated.

second step: reverse engineering

To make our own void keys, we must have something to base it off of. This of course means farming for void keys (or buying them) so we can take them apart and figure out how they work. Higher tier keys improve the speed, more keys increases chances of getting what you want. Think transmutation except for parts (Each "part" will be an unlimited blueprint each part designating one of the key's attributes: one part to determine the mission type, one part to determine the tier). This part will have to be done multiple times to get the parts you want. That said, each of the "parts" should be a one time only thing meaning you will never duplicate the same part. Every result will be a piece that you have not obtained yet.

third step: production

Resources. Like clan tech it will be expensive to craft and take a while. The usual stuff applies lots of credits, materials  (could be split into 1 "part" for each mode, then 1 "part" for each tier + additional costs like a warframe)

And there we have it: my take on what can be done with the current endgame to reduce the back and forth grinding that is defense/survival to get that key you want (or spam recruitment LFG) then grinding missions in the void for your forma/____ prime. As well as a way to get more variety into the game types played AND a use for void keys you no longer need. The nightmare mode "requirement" is really just more incentive to go back after the base rewards have been gotten.

Keys are coded with coordinates of orokin tower in void, simply entering same tower again and again wont make it full of treasures again. Crafting keys idea is ok, but it should take some effort to get coordinates to complete it, thus making it similiar to derelict system.

Keys are coded with coordinates of orokin tower in void, simply entering same tower again and again wont make it full of treasures again. Crafting keys idea is ok, but it should take some effort to get coordinates to complete it, thus making it similiar to derelict system.

yes.. thats why the system required you to disassemble keys. you have to take them apart, and figure out how to extract/insert coordinates into the key (lore wise)  basically a skeleton key.