Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are We Retiring Weapons?

Zardica

Why is DE resorting to Valve Tactics of "Hurry up before it's gone forever!" They'res very little primary weapons as is, why are you getting rid of the Gorgon? I just can't believe this, did you ask any players if they wanted these weapons gone, or did you just decree them worthless? I thought this game was about picking what was cool and modding it to be good, not "THESE WEAPONS ARE BAD"

What the hell is this?

>>>For those wondering what im talking about, check the market.<<<

Edited by Zardica

If they are going to drop on bosses in the future its fine with me.

If its permanent GG.Thanks for "eliminating" the power creep.

Edit:Even bigger GG if they are from alerts only from now on.

Edited by Cabadath5

Why not balance these weapons?

Exactly. There are only 3 heavy machineguns in the game. Why is one of these 3 getting removed?

In fact, while most of these weapons are underpowered they are also incredibly cool looking. I'd rather see them balanced then removed. Unless they are becoming skins? Because if I can make a Soma look like a Gorgon, I'd be happy.

I'd like to see those people.

It's been all over the forums. People complained about the Gorgon because Supra was better, Dual Ether Daggers because of no Serrated Blade damage, Boar because all the other shotguns were better, and Machete because it was kind of a reskin of the Skana. If they buffed them, people would be upset that they're better than something, so... might as well get rid of them I suppose.

A number of the weapons can get gotten from login rewards. So  while we wont be able to get them off the market we might see them from login rewards. 

Though judging by the wording "retire"  they will likely remove the BPs from the login as well. Then the next few weekend events we will get the "Gorgon Wraith, Dual Zoren Prime, ect ect with the original BP for those who participate!"  a la Snipetron event.    -_-''

What makes me even more curious is that.

Gorgon is included in the dessert camo pack. And if Gorgon is gone, will the camo for Gorgon be replaced by another weapon? Or will it just simply stay the same.

Removing Boar is illogical (Unless they're making alternative ways for it to reappear) Can't really have a Boar Prime without Boar itself. If so, why don't you go ahead and remove Braton as well, since we already have Braton Prime.

I'm using my gorgon. And it does good job when needed. I like to change my banshee into spraymachinegunner...

Its fun weapon.

Machete? Already build and waiting to be leveled.

was goin to use on nekro if single swords would get some love.

me no like. Bad de. Bad.

but I formad my gorgon 5times and I love it! I swear if they take it away from me ill punch a baby in the face <.<

You are not gonna lose a previously owned weapon. It just won't ever be sold. The question is whether they will even balance that weapon with Armor 2.0?