Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retiring Broken Weapons.... Why?

Brimir

- A few Market weapons are being retired: Gorgon, Dual Ether Daggers, Boar, and Machete. You have 7 days to get them before they go into the retirement!

From the patch notches. Of all weapon on that list, only the Gorgon is somewhat viable(though Soma...). The rest are sub-par and even broken in the case of the Machete. Dual Ether Daggers are a lot worse than Dual Ether and Boar is fun but impotent.

Why not just fix these rather than tuck them away into oblivion?

Also; why the Gorgon? Such a recognizable and iconic weapon (TEH Grineer weapon)...

Anyone agree with me? Disagree?

The only reason I have been able to come up with for removing them is that they may do what they did with the Snipetron. Remove them from the game and then re-add them as clan weapons with stats that are more competitive with the newer weapons.

Saying that, I don't like that they are being removed. Even if they are intending on revamping them as clan weapons.

Edited by Silraed

Because they're lazy and running out of time thats why.

Bad decisions they made are slowly starting to keep up with them and instead of trying to fix those decisions they are getting rid of them.

They really need to sit down and have a good talk without jokes and such.

This is getting seriously bad for the game.

Edited by azour

I can sorta understand the reasoning behind the "crappy" weapons - nobody except new players would ever use those.

But the freaking Gorgon? It is the most iconic weapon in the game! Looking back at the concept art livestream; each Grineer concept art that featured a little Grineer figure for scale made sure that said Grineer was carrying the Gorgon!

DE wants harder to get weapons to be better, so they removed some weapons that were too easy to get. It doesn't matter since those weapons were never going to be good. And it's not like they could just buff the weapons while making them more difficult to obtain, because then people would complain that their favorite weapons aren't good, and they'd have to make every weapon good. We can't have that, or else those hardcore players won't be satisfied they're better than everyone else because they have a stronger gun.

lol... so all this talk about "fixing and balancing" existign weapons... is basically removing them.
Leaving less and less weapons to the market, more for plat and hard to reach rank requirements + heavy RNG and grind.

They are pushing cash shop more and more. Getting greedy there i see.

With all this  hard to reach content, iv foudn myself play less and less - from 4-5h day to a roughly 1h/day.

Ketec: don't be absurd man, removing 3 mediocre weapons with way too many similar ones already in the pool and one interesting weapon from the game doesn't mean DE are trying to force us to buy platinum, none of the weapons require platinum to acquire and the only weapons you can only get for real money is the Skana Prime and Lato Prime with both are sub-par at best.

lol... so all this talk about "fixing and balancing" existign weapons... is basically removing them.

Leaving less and less weapons to the market, more for plat and hard to reach rank requirements + heavy RNG and grind.

They are pushing cash shop more and more. Getting greedy there i see.

With all this  hard to reach content, iv foudn myself play less and less - from 4-5h day to a roughly 1h/day.

What are you smoking ?

Soma rank 3 

Gorgon rank 3

Dual Ether rank 0

Ether Daggers rank 0

For the Gorgon's case it is even more insulting that the Soma outperforms it by a good margin.

Dual Ether is a straight win against Ether daggers.

Edited by fatpig84

I think. I may be wrong. That they're planning to remove them from the market, and then, add them to missions/factions rewards. So that new players can access it.

This is especially strange since they're selling Desert Cameo for the Gorgon too.

So a complete retirement from the game is weird.

At least, let's hope new players can access them regularly with events. So they don't lose the ranking points, or the collector aspect of the game.

I think. I may be wrong. That they're planning to remove them from the market, and then, add them to missions/factions rewards. So that new players can access it.

This is especially strange since they're selling Desert Cameo for the Gorgon too.

At least, let's hope new players can access them regularly with events. So they don't lose the ranking points, or the collector aspect of the game.

Boss drops would make sense. I can imagine Kril dropped the gorgon for instance

Boss drops would make sense. I can imagine Kril dropped the gorgon for instance

The thing is, if they can kill Lech Kril, most of the time they are sporting something heftier and more powerful than the Gorgon, so that means it is again a "mastery xp" only weapon.

Unless they get a serious buff, I don't see any use for this.

Speaking of which, can't you get the Gorgon blueprint as login reward as well?

I don't really know.

The thing is we can't really complain about gorgon not being powerful enough since the Armor 2.0 update isn't out yet.

At this point only they can really begin to balance the various weapons/frames accordingly.

Before that this is a huge waste of time.

I'm 90% sure they'll be added back somehow, because even though they're underpowered, that's a hefty chunk of mastery that will be unobtainable for new players. Regardless, I will be stocking up on bps is they actually do get completely removed, I'll have whatever I want from trading.

With my past and current interest in the game, none of those weapons really interested me..

Gorgon - Looks so ugly in my eyes.. those antennas at the muzzle? da fuq?

Dual Ether Daggers - Looks great, but prefer Dual Ether (Swords).. Sad to see these Daggers go away.. IMO they just need some tweaks to make them appealing compared to Dual Ether (Swords).

Boar - The other Shotguns is simply better and appeals to me more.. I don't really like a Shotgun being full auto.

Machete - Never even considered making this weapon.. It's just so damn ugly (IMO)