Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Web Based Dps Tool!

Gogge

Question

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Original post:

---

I've been using a spreadsheet to get a feel for how weapons perform, and how mods affect DPS. But it started becoming a bit of a pain to update/change mods around, and it felt kind of limited. So I tried to fix some stuff through scripting instead, using javascript and a regular web page (no downloading needed), and I thought you guys might get some use out of it too! Check it out (not sure if/how linking works on the forums):

http://dpsframe.com

Crash course in current features:

You select the pistol/rifle/etc. category you want at the top, to compare different types of weapons click "add favorite" and it'll get added on top of the other weapons (it remembers "favorites" through cookies, so it should get saved. As long as you stay on the same computer).

Increase/decrease aura/mod levels by using the + / - signs before the mod name. You can max or disable a mod completely by clicking the counter in the middle (for example the "10/10" for hornet strike on Acrid). A mod with a "-/5" as a counter is disabled, a mod with "0/5" is just the base card with no ranks added.

Mouse over the name of the mod to get a tooltip with what stats it increases.

The auras count up to 5, then start over from zero, so you can see how it stacks with more people. The number in parenthesis beside the counter (for example 5/5 (1) corrosive projection) represents how many players are need to get that high a percentage.

The DPS number to the right of the weapon name (for example "Acrid 6005") is the raw DPS value before armor is taken into account. The DPS with armor values is in the table just below and to the right of the name, it lists damage to Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Napalms, and Corpus Techs, levels 5 through 200. This damage does not account for hitting weak spots, but it does factor elemental weaknesses (fire/lightning/etc.) and armor ignore damage (armor piercing, serrated blade, poison, etc.).

You can sort the lists by clicking the names/arrows beside the category name, clicking name will sort by name, clicking it again will reverse the order. DPS means unmmitigated damage (doesn't factor armor), and APDPS means the damage after armor has been accounted for (using a lvl 200 Ancient Disruptor as base).

The "filter name" search box below favorites filters names, typing in "a" will show all weapon names that contains that letter (it's not case sensitive).

There's a ton of things left to work on:

There are no melee weapons currently (the swing mechanics seemed a bit complex).

The continuous (e.g flux rifle) and charge weapons (e.g Paris) just ignore weapon speed mods at the moment, which might not be accurate.

All stats have been entered by hand, so I can almost guarantee that there are typos or swapped stats.

I have checked the formulas and calculated some stats by hand, but there's still a few possible places where small errors might have snuck in.

Some special behaviors might not be modeled correctly, Acrid's DOT, Ogris explosion, Torid poison Cloud.

I haven't figured out a good way to represent the impact of recoil/spread. This might make some weapons seem very good on paper while in reality they might be horrible.

And some design limitations:

It's single target only.

It doesn't account for you being in a group. If you have a nova (2x damage from molecular prime), a Rhino (+50% damage shout), a Banshee with sonar (500% or more to sonar weak spot), and you're shooting a Moa in it's weak spot (fanny pack, 3x damage) with your synapse (electricity 2x damage) through your Volt shield (red crits), will do significantly more DPS than what's listed.

It's based on average DPS for emptying a clip and reloading. Burst DPS on some weapons will be higher, and this doesn't account for damage against shields. This misses things like that freezing damage might be better in some cases, or that you might attack a boss and then reload when he's invulnerable (e,g Vor, the burst DPS might be more important in some cases).

I tested in the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE, I have no idea how good it'll work in anything other than those.

The javascript source is uglified, regular source code can be found on github:

https://github.com/Gogge/warframe-loadout

Some caveats on the code; It's almost completely uncommented and it's the very first iteration of a prototype.

Edited by Gogge

one thing I noticed while playing around is that the corrupted mod critical delay reduces DPS in most scenarios... it is really only slightly useful on the soma where it gives 100-200 dps per rank (until rank 2 in which is begins to reduce dps because of the fire-rate reduction). Even on the latron prime it hurts more than it helps.

Shred mod on that site is missing the puncture stat on the mouse over and it also does not account for puncture's ability to hit multiple targets behind each other.

Thanks! Yeah there are some stats that aren't a percentage that I didn't add at first, I'm not sure if it's going to be easy to add it, but I added puncture for Shred anyway. As another example I haven't added Metal Auger as it won't affect the displayed DPS.

kuddos for the effort.

too bad that the new damage system is gonna be implemented soon

I actually finally got pushed into starting this with the discussion on procs and new armor system as it felt easier to have it in code rather than in a spreadsheet. The biggest part is to get the UI down, the data, and how to shuffle the data around. The actual damage calculations can fit in a page or two (while the rest takes tons of pages of copy/paste code).

So hopefully it won't be a massive undertaking to change the core system, once they decide on how it should work, as the more tedious parts are done.

Thanks! Yeah there are some stats that aren't a percentage that I didn't add at first, I'm not sure if it's going to be easy to add it, but I added puncture for Shred anyway. As another example I haven't added Metal Auger as it won't affect the displayed DPS.

I actually finally got pushed into starting this with the discussion on procs and new armor system as it felt easier to have it in code rather than in a spreadsheet. The biggest part is to get the UI down, the data, and how to shuffle the data around. The actual damage calculations can fit in a page or two (while the rest takes tons of pages of copy/paste code).

So hopefully it won't be a massive undertaking to change the core system, once they decide on how it should work, as the more tedious parts are done.

I was thinking on how to integrate the puncture ability.  If you can find out at what rank it takes to pierce through x opponents, you could multiply dps by x amount to show the shot going through more enemies. for example  base dps = yyyyyy then user can input x opponents to see damage total.  Once the pierce no longer can surpass x opponents, the damage will cap.

For example 5000 base dps, .3 puncture might be 1 enemy?  If user inputs 2 enemies for x, damage will be 10000 for, 3 enemies would still be 10000 since the puncture (not sure about this) can only go through 1.  If puncture is increased, so would puncture damage.

The calculator seems to apply the faction mods (Expel, Bane, Cleanse) additively where it should be multiplicatively.

Thanks!

It was implemented as just stacking on top of Serration and similar mods. I've added it as a separate multiplier instead.

I was thinking on how to integrate the puncture ability.  If you can find out at what rank it takes to pierce through x opponents, you could multiply dps by x amount to show the shot going through more enemies. for example  base dps = yyyyyy then user can input x opponents to see damage total.  Once the pierce no longer can surpass x opponents, the damage will cap.

For example 5000 base dps, .3 puncture might be 1 enemy?  If user inputs 2 enemies for x, damage will be 10000 for, 3 enemies would still be 10000 since the puncture (not sure about this) can only go through 1.  If puncture is increased, so would puncture damage.

Yeah, I guess you could average the thickness of the opponent and use that as a baseline, then the more puncture you add the more DPS it'd give (assuming you add enough each time to pass through the average sized opponent).

But I need a way to figure out what the odds are for mobs lining up, figure out and average how often that happens (depends on mission type), and probably some other variables. It's probably very good in some situations, but it's a bit more difficult to figure out how good it is on average.

Thanks for the input!

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Edited by Gogge

So why some shotgun mods mouse over tooltip (non-cold elemental) did negative dps to napalm and MOA, what does it mean?

Btw Boar prime crit chance has been nerfed to 15%, likewise Sobek crit chance is buffed. Might want to relook through all shotgun base stats.

Edited by Definitegj

So why some shotgun mods mouse over tooltip (non-cold elemental) did negative dps to napalm and MOA, what does it mean?

Btw Boar prime crit chance has been nerfed to 15%, likewise Sobek crit chance is buffed. Might want to relook through all shotgun base stats.

Thanks for pointing out the changes to the shotguns, I've re-checked and updated the stats for them.

The tooltip DPS is the change in DPS if you use those elements instead of the ones you're currently using.

If you have only corrosive (Contagious Spread + Charged Shell) as an element and mouse over Chilling Grasp it'll list the possible other combinations you can get if you add that mod. The reason it shows negative values for some options is that if you add Chilling Grasp and use the Magnetic/Toxic combination instead of Corrosive you'll lose DPS in some cases, for example the Grineer have higer armor values against Magnetic/Toxic compared to Corrosive (or rather it's that Corrosive reduces the effectiveness of armor, and switching away from it means the Grineer have normal armor values against Magnetic/Toxic).

Thanks for pointing out the changes to the shotguns, I've re-checked and updated the stats for them.

The tooltip DPS is the change in DPS if you use those elements instead of the ones you're currently using.

If you have only corrosive (Contagious Spread + Charged Shell) as an element and mouse over Chilling Grasp it'll list the possible other combinations you can get if you add that mod. The reason it shows negative values for some options is that if you add Chilling Grasp and use the Magnetic/Toxic combination instead of Corrosive you'll lose DPS in some cases, for example the Grineer have higer armor values against Magnetic/Toxic compared to Corrosive (or rather it's that Corrosive reduces the effectiveness of armor, and switching away from it means the Grineer have normal armor values against Magnetic/Toxic).

If i have (Contagious Spread + Charged Shell) and i mouse over Charged Shell, what those numbers mean? shouldn't it be 0 if i replace Charged Shell with charge shell? Or i should ignore tooltips over those equipped?

Edit: ok think i get it. Didn't replace any mod. Thanks

Edited by Definitegj

Sticky this thread plase.  

The website is top notch.  Minimal but perfect UI.  All the info you could ever want about dps calculations.  Much better than most of the stickied threads with spreadsheets and whatnot.

Revision 4:

Updated Tigris (damage) and Magnus (faster reload) stats.

Revisions 1 to 3:

Updated with multipliers from the wiki (thanks Definitegj and the people who update it).

Updated stats of Akbolto, Bolto and Boltor. Codex says crit multiplier for the Bolto is 1.5, but in game it's actually 2.0 (with no crit damage modsI hit a level 1 trooper for 36, crit for 72). Crit rate might also be buffed, but haven't tested that.

---

Updated the site with the new changes in Update 11.3.1:

• Using the new elemental resistances/vulnerabilities, assuming each "+" or "-" is equal to 25% (will update after testing).
  • Added sentinel weapons (wiki says the can't crit, but I haven't added that exception to them yet, so the calculator might overestimate DPS a bit ).
  • Added the Penta (using similar calculations to Ogris for explosion, assuming 5% crit and 150% crit damage).
  • Added the buffs to Grakata and Torid
  • Removed the Detron

Manual Soma calculation against a lvl 25 Grineer Napalm to verify DPS values, using default mods in the calculator (Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Cryorounds, Stormbringer, Infected Clip, Bane).

Per shot damage:

Impact: 1

Puncture: 4

Slashing 5

Damage modifier from Serration is 2.65, Split Chamber 1.9, Bane is 1.3:

Impact: 6.5455 (1 * 2.65 * 1.9 * 1.3)

Puncture: 26.182 (4 * ...)

Slashing: 32.7275 (5 * ...)

---

Total: 65.455

Grineer Napalm modifiers are 0.75 health for impact, 0.5 armor for piercing, and 1.25 health/armor for slashing, at level 25 it has 2466 armor (0.89154 mitigation):

Impact: 0.5324 (6.5455 * 0.75 * (1-0.89154)

Puncture: 14.5108 (26.182 * (1-0.89154*0.5)

Slashing: 0 (the armor multiplier is 0.89 * 1.25, above 1 means no damage)

---

Total: 15.0432

I'll use Magnetic/Toxin damage, it's 180% Magnetic and 90% Toxin, the Napalm has multipliers 0.75/0.25 for Magnetic armor/health and 0.75 armor for Toxin:

Magnetic: 9.7597 (65.455 * 1.8 * 0.25 * (1-0.89154*0.75))

Toxin: 19.5194 (65.455 * 0.9 * (1-0.89154*0.75)

--

Total: 44.3223 (with IPS above)

With 75% crit rate and 660% crit damage the critical strike modifier is 5.2 (1+0.75*(6.6-1), which gives us:

Per shot: 230.47596 (44.3223 * 5.2)

With 100 shots in a mag you get 23047.596 damage per mag. 15 shots per second, 3 seconds reload time, it takes 9.666.. seconds to empty a mag and reload (100/15 + 3), which gives us a DPS of ~2384 (23047.596 / 9.66...).

Which is the same as the calculator tells us it should be.

Edited by Gogge

Hi, can someone provide a link/explanation as to how Bane mods work? I was under the impression that they simply boosted the base damage vs certain factions. Thus, when I did my calculations, I simply took a shortcut such as adding 30 (Bane) to 165 (Serration) and boosted the base damage by 195%. It appears that this may not be correct, according to this calc:

"Damage modifier from Serration is 2.65, Split Chamber 1.9, Bane is 1.3:

Impact: 6.5455 (1 * 2.65 * 1.9 * 1.3)

Puncture: 26.182 (4 * ...)

Slashing: 32.7275 (5 * ...)

---

Total: 65.455"

The Bane boost is multipled separately. This gives a higher value than what I used to do, which in this case would be 10 * 2.95 * 1.9 = 56.05. Has it been confirmed that Bane mods do not act on the base damage like regular damage mods?

Edited by avenger5

The Bane boost is multipled separately. This gives a higher value than what I used to do, which in this case would be 10 * 2.95 * 1.9 = 56.05. Has it been confirmed that Bane mods do not act on the base damage like regular damage mods?

Check out the wiki on faction damage:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Faction_Damage_Mods

Testing it with a Lanka on a level 1 Grineer Lancer, 250 damage base, 150% Serration, 40% Charged Chamber, 180% elemental (Radiation), 30% faction damage, the lancer has 25% armor mitigation:

Base damage: 187.5 (250 * (1-0.75))

Expected if multiplicative: 2388.75 (187.5 * 2.5 * 1.3 * 1.4 * 2.8 )

Expected if additive: 2058 (187.5 * (2.5 + 0.3) * 1.4 * 2.8)

Actual: 2387

It's clear that it's still [edit] _multiplicative_ in 2.0. It seems like it's slightly off for some reason, using a headshot crit shows the value to be between 2387.667 to 2387.833. Removing Bane gives us an expected value of 1837.5 and a headshot crit shows the range to be 1837.5 to 1837.666.. which is a perfect match, so it's likely some quirk in the game mechanics that make the faction damage slightly off.

Edit: doh, said "additive" when I actually meant "multiplicative".

Edited by Gogge