Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indrome's Custom Warframe Doodles

Indrome

Well... this is where I will be putting my random Warframe designs whenever I come up with some.

This first concept came out of the random sketch on the right. I mostly doodle figures that are already halfway in Warframe style and this one actually spouted an idea:

This Warframe's working title is "Kuno". She is based on the Kunoichi, female ninjas or practicioners of nin-jutsu.

I don't have her abilities worked out yet, but there will be a PBAoE 360° slash in there.

(She has two arms, btw. just not in concept :P)

RRs8Vdfl.jpg

I am contemplating whether I should bring the "skirt" back and/or take away the arm cloth completely.... not sure. Also not quite sure what to do with her tuckus. Gonna be looking at some Warframe booty next to get some ideas about that. (Not those kinds of ideas.)

Thumb Collection (click on thumb for larger version):

RRs8Vdfs.jpg aSV52gCs.jpg EzpFd3rs.jpg KKm4fKYs.jpg

Edited by Indrome

Nope. No real purpose to the cloth piece. It just adds a distinctive element to the silhouette, as Sealgaire noticed.

(I agree on the clipping nightmare, btw. ... DE doesn't seem to be a big fan of animating drapery anyway and I can't blame them, to be honest.)

Not planning on making her one-armed, though. (I am aware that there are those legendary Japanese movies about the one-armed samurai but I am not a fan of those. :D )

ohh... didn't know about those movies.... it just looked like the tenno was in a load of battles .... why not try making a special tenno with jus one hand who also uses his legs in melle combat.... maybe I'll describe it in a story somewhere .... though with all the storys about kunoichi using elemental attacks, jutsu, nin-justsu, gen-jutsu and the rest of the stuff those mangas and books brought in... it is hard to choose without a clear alignment to something.... with Rhino and others you pretty much follow a design but creating a new one is harsh ... I wonder what a Buda warframe would look like?....

Edited by AlexanderTF

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

@AlexanderTF: That sounds like an awesome idea. Unfortunately, the melee animations are set in stone and there is just no chance of DE making another set of them exclusively for a single Warframe.

As for the Buddha Warframe... that is another very clever image. But a buddha is not a ninja. :D

... as for my thread.

The internet sometimes puts forth the weirdest inspirations.

For this next experiment I took a species called Glaucus atlanticus as the inspiration. I ended up not putting as many elements of the animal into the design as I had hoped I would but it was a fun thing to do anyway.

I don't have a name for her yet, unfortunately.

aSV52gCl.jpg

And yes... I'll see if I can do a male Frame next. °O

Edited by Indrome

Love the first pic! I think she would look better if you put the skirt back on, more drape-y cloth because the one on the arm looks awesome. The skirt doesn't have to be a "skirt" per-se, because it's not the only thing between us and her underware, if that makes any sense. I mean it could be "revealing" or rather more "ragged" than an actual skirt because it wouldn't be revealing anything lol.

Indeed, Notso. If I brought that skirt back at some point it would of course have to be battle worn. Thanks for the feedback. :)

And for the next. HOW COME WE DON'T HAVE A RAPTOR FRAME YET?!

Inspired by Velociraptors, particularly Deinonychus. (or rather their Jurassic Park II variety.)

His first skill is a wide range pounce that claws into and knocks down the target. It can also be used to claw onto walls and remain there for a short duration.

The fourth skill is a radial stun based on a shrill dinosaur call.

EzpFd3r.jpg

It's a rough sketch as I don't really have much time these days (too many different hobbies to juggle :D) to devote a lot of intricate work to and really flesh out a design.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I felt like revisiting the raptor frame idea. I came up with some sort of hood and a deliberately menacing set of teeth. (Because I really like the idea of a Frame going all feral on some Grineer's armor's weak spots. OM NOM NOM!)

(Click on picture for larger version)

KKm4fKYl.jpg

edit:

The feathered shoulders really are WAY over the top. Gonna have to find a way to put those in some other way. xD

Edited by Indrome

• 2 months later...

Today, I felt like revisiting the raptor frame idea. I came up with some sort of hood and a deliberately menacing set of teeth. (Because I really like the idea of a Frame going all feral on some Grineer's armor's weak spots. OM NOM NOM!)

(Click on picture for larger version)

KKm4fKYl.jpg

edit:

The feathered shoulders really are WAY over the top. Gonna have to find a way to put those in some other way. xD

HOLY S#&$.....

• 9 months later...
Introducing the water  elemental type Warframe, Tethys! name was inspired from the Greek mythology Tethys a marine aquatic goddess .
As an Strong  player and an artist i wanted to contribute to the game and chose the element of water seeing as the theme is missing among the list of official frames' elements.
Tethys specializes in tactic water damage  attacks or defense on slowing enemies movement also .
I tried to create a design that is in line with the official frames to make Tethys to be on the same concept design into the Waframe world  while still expressing some ideas such as the fashion inspired as an aquatic fish armor with Fins.

A9F7azs.jpg

Health 100

Shield 150

Armor 100

Power 150

Stamina 80

Sprinting 1.0

Ability's to consider :

Water Blasting :
Tethys sends a water blast of 100,000 PSI, cutting or blasting away opponent's .

Liquid Body :
Tethys liquefy here body rending here immune from enemies hits.

Tempest :
Tethys summons a violent rain windstorm , slowing down and damaging here opponents .

Flood :

Tethys summons tons of water around here slowing down all enemies and eventually drowning them .

Liquefy :

Tethys liquefy and kills all enemy around here.

Tsunami :

Tethys summons giant destructive water wave's leaving no enemies in one piece.