Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestreams Moved To Fridays, Stream #16 Coming Soon!

[DE]Rebecca

Now that Game Updates have moved to Wednesdays, we need to move our bi-monthly Livestreams to a new day.  What better way to kick off the weekend than a Livestream on Fridays?  So, please join us this Friday for Livestream #16.

What: Livestream #16! A Dev Q&A session! Join us as we take questions from the forums and chat and discuss what we’re working on!

We will also be giving away three 1000 Platinum Prizes!

When:  October 18th @ 2 PM EDT (6 PM GMT)! Find your timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Who: Steve, Scott, Geoff and Sheldon will join Rebecca on the couch to field community questions and talk about their current tasks on Warframe!

Thread closes at 10:00 AM EDT on October 18th, get your questions in!

Posted (edited) · Hidden by [DE]Megan, October 16, 2013 - not constructive
Hidden by [DE]Megan, October 16, 2013 - not constructive

EDIT: Fine. Ok. Questions coming...

1.) Will you confirm the legitimacy of the "Warframe Ultimate Ninja Sweepstakes"?

Edited by AVEOX

Q1: What are DE's current thoughts on weapon skins? We had 4 introduced long ago and none since. Are there any plans for them in the future of Warframe or are designs like the Dagger and Manticore axes going to be their own weapons moving forward?

Q2: What are DE's current thoughts on Prime Warframes? Since the introduction of Forma, their worth has been diminished to mostly cosmetic, for me. How do you feel about making them skins (Still requiring players to farm parts as they are now that must be crafted) or are you planning on doing as you've said with weapons and making a tiered Warframe roster with Primes being better stat wise in every way to their normal versions?

Q3: Are there any current plans to expand on the animation sets to how Warframes use/hold weapons? As an example, I had an animation bug happen not too long ago that caused my Warframes wrists to cross over eachother while aiming with the Dual Vastos.

2yo8x1s.jpg

I think this crisscrossed aiming was really stylish and I think it could be a nice, unique aiming style for dual pistols that could fit in nicely with the Agile animation set, especially when Trinity aims like that right after twirling both pistols around her fingers from her idle animation. With the various physical sizes and builds of Warframes, how they hold certain weapons could be another way to introduce more character to them. 

Q4: Are there any other current design concepts of Alad V? I appreciate the goofy high society attire he's been shown wearing as noblemen from our own past could be seen wearing some pretty silly outfits yet still gain respect and power in their society but because the stereotypical nobleman is a coward, as Alad is proposed to be, I was hoping he would have a much slicker design to offset his cowardly character.

I imagine the Corpus are the slick, deceptive brains to the Grineers crude and clanky brawn. I feel Vor is following a concept of visual deception as his design looks very clanky and rusted despite him being a very serious combatant and I'd like Alad to appear to be stern and confident because of the stylized and decorated fashion (Something like a futuristic design of Napoleon or 1800s Naval captain attire. Not overly decorated but something that shows some stern authority.) he wears to mask his fear of physical confrontation to further distance the two in their design.

Edited by Haldos

Q1: Since you plan to release Ember Prime does that mean we'll also get a new Void mission?

Q2: Will you be adding more storyline focused updates in the future? I've been seeing threads pop up on the forums about WHY they should keep playing and when Vor's Prize will be added.

Q3: Do you plan on revamping every single boss along with adding new ones?

Edited by BadSniper

Q1: Why did you remove my question about the Warframe Ultimate Ninja Sweepstakes on your official Facebook account? Will you confirm it's legitimacy?

Q2: I don't know much about what happened but I heard you got caught.. something about the drop tables. Now you encrypted them. Would you say that was a douchey move? What's the point of encrypting the drop tables? Will there be another apology thread about it?

Q4: I was recently watching your videos from Germany on your Twitter account. I thought those Glaive Frisbees look cool.

Will you ever start selling Warframe Merchandise? Will you ship international?

Q5: Will Prime Frames be nothing but an alternate skin with gold streaks of their regular counterparts? (with an additional polarity?) or will they be worked on and buffed (stat-wise).

Q6: There's a bunch of mods that have similar dioramic images. Are you planning on changing that? Because some people say you're just lazy. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/120455-vigor-fortitude/#entry1413811'>see this thread

Q7: Follow up on those Stealth Missions (because I remember someone mentioning that someone from livestream mentioned someone was working on it?) so how's that coming?

Q8: The log-in rewards sucks. Am I just unlucky or is RNG broken?

EDIT:

.. more to be added.

Edited by AVEOX

Hallo there, what about a function of mods Special for sentinels or a Option to built Auro Mods in. Why the Players don´t get any Mastery Points for the sentinels himself?

Great game like to see more in the future....

Bye

Now that Game Updates have moved to Wednesdays, we need to move our bi-weekly Livestreams to a new day.  What better way to kick off the weekend than a Livestream on Fridays?  So, please join us this Friday for Livestream #16.

What: Livestream #16! A Dev Q&A session! Join us as we take questions from the forums and chat and discuss what we’re working on!

We will also be giving away three 1000 Platinum Prizes!

When:  October 18th @ 2 PM EDT (6 PM GMT)! Find your timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Who: Steve, Scott, Geoff and Sheldon will join Rebecca on the couch to field community questions and talk about their current tasks on Warframe!

Thread closes at 10:00 AM EDT on October 18th, get your questions in!

Rebecca, I would like to quote something I posted in the 9000 words of feedback thread, regarding this livestream and the issues within the community. The hot topics of the week, as I suppose you could call them.

I think this next Developer livestream needs to be longer, to spend time and answer all the questions they can. Two, perhaps even three hours even. Or at least long enough to respond to the communities "issues."... ....This disgusting attitude that the collective Forums is now filled with just has to be lifted, or nothing can move forward at any kind of efficiency.

I hope you take this into consideration, as I (and I'm sure many others) am growing extremely tired of the negativity and hostility in the forums nowadays, and I would like to see it stamped out in a peaceful or painless manner. I think addressing the biggest issues of the times would be a simple solution, and certainly one people have been waiting for.

You guys, mainly mr.Grineeer there, have posted a lot of new information on what your working on but the reactions have been very mixed as to what you're prioritizing first. Looking over some of the comments is there anything you would wish to say to ease the concerns of the people who have been disagreeing on what your focus should be? Keep up the awesome work guys.

1) The Design Council had a sneak peek of Armor 2.0, made by Steve. Could he perhaps explain it in more detail?

2) A lot of people complained that now that the droptables are encrypted, there is no way to know when, where, what, and from whom certain things drop, especially when considering that drops are always subjects to change. Since then, it has been rumored that a bestiary of sorts will be introduced. When can we expect that, how will it be done and what exactly will this bestiary contain?

3) It's been almost 4-5 livestreams since you mentioned anything along the lines of stealth. Are the developers actually working on it? Do they have their own thoughts on stealth or are they mainly relying on the playerbase to provide them with suggestions and ideas?

4) Is there something like an offline mode for Warframe in the process of being developed? There are a lot of suggestions as to how one can accomplish that: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114042-offline-lan/

Edited by LxLawliet

Anatolius has some questions for the crew....

-Now that you are removing several weapons from the game, what about other weapons that still seem to fall short in terms of usefulness such as the Mire? Not everyone has access to clan tech and this weapon seems to have been completely forgotten.

-How is the Armor 2.0 system working out? Can we expect this to be released at any particular time?

-Have you considered warframe cosmetic textures such as camo, scars, scales and other sets that can then be customized with your color palettes?

-Are you working on any buffs/nerfs to warframe abilities/weapons at this time?

-I wont question WHY you did it, but how will the community be able to determine what prime weapon/warframes drop in different void missions later in the future? Will you be informing us of these locations?

LASTLY AND CONSIDERABLY MY MOST IMPORTANT ONE

-Will there still be construction on fixing the tutorial and advanced mechanics and maneuvers in the game in order to provide clarity. I know this was said several months ago that this would be put into action but nothing much has been seen. Many of my friends I try to get into warframe fall short or quit simply because of their inability to understand the modding system/marketplace/foundry/arsenal, simple running and jumping, sliding, or wallrunning. I have many chat logs verifying that they flat out "Dont know what to do." We can not simply assume that people know this stuff.

Edited by Anatolius

for now, one question:

- have you thought about the possibility of making some mods on passive effects? because with the current system mods, we are limited to using the most effective/generic mods instead of using situational mods

example: Parry (knockdown meele attacker), Reflex Guard (chance of auto-block), Maglev (slide duration), Royal Guard (an idea, is one that increases damage reduced while using the defensive stance)

QUESTIONS:

1. Will the Net code be updated/rewritten/or appended to fix some of the new and older outstanding connection issues that seem to be compounding?

2. The Orokin Derelicts served a purpose to get Nekros and new mods, but beyond that are we going to see a viable connection or expansion within the Void to expand and further utilize the OD and Tenno Void areas?  I mean, could this actually become a seperate system of nodes, outside of just the use of farming for keys and doing one-stop-shop runs?

I want to see you all as soon as it possible. Best streams ever.

Q1: Since you plan to release Ember Prime does that mean we'll also get a new Void mission?

New Orokin Void sabotage missions (maybe)

Edited by Skynin

It's not really much a secret that melee combat is somewhat lacking, but you've mentioned implementing more melee maneuvers in the past. Are there any new developments as far as that goes, such as improving the viability of blocking or adding new features like counterattacks/parries?

FOLLOW-UP: Power attack combos? Where's the beef?! 

Edited by N4G4M4K1

Will there be some uniformity as to define who we are playing?  There are conflicting accounts as to whether we are playing a single tenno (Kesella in my case) or multiple Tenno (Mag, Rhino ect).  Take Vor for example, he has quotes saying "Your Mag warframe makes you slow and clumsy." and "This is your final warning Kesella.  Leave this system at once!"  This indicates that we are playing a single tenno across multiple warframes.  But on the other hand we had Scott (if I remember correctly) stating that we are playing multiple tenno as well as the gender swaps between warframes.  Do you plan on solidifying the lore to fit one scenario or the other?

Also, what are the plans for Mag's Pull?  Will we a return to Pull V2's mechanic of bringing enemies to our feet (please?) or do you have something else planned?

All I wanna talk about right now are the upcomming mission reworks and in what way you guys wanna make sure that players are motivated to play different missions over a long period of time. All I say is diversity is the longevity of a game :)

Would be nice if you could dedicate a few minutes to that question.

A few of my thoughts on the topic can be found here