• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#1 Volkovyi

Volkovyi

Gold Initiate

• PC Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Introducing our wind elemental type Warframe, the Zephyr! As an avid player and an artist we wanted to contribute to the game and chose the element of wind seeing as the theme is missing among the roster of official frames' elements. Zephyr specializes in high damage wind attacks at a high speed play style packed in a elegant yet edgy streamline design.

Meet the artist - We are better known as Liger Inuzuka with our main gallery being located on Deviant Art. This is the screen name we carry almost everywhere on the web. You can find our links below.
| Deviantart | Original Deviation |

Disclaimer - Zephyr as a design, concept, idea, and all of the artwork and writing found in this post belong to a single creator; Liger Inuzuka a.k.a. Volkovyi. Please excuse our use of the 'royal we' for a more formal way of writing. There is not two of us!

Our sincerest wishes would be to share our ideas below with the developers and hope for some attention.

Profile view of original helm, including two alternative helms and close up of the hands V
tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o2_1280.png

Gray scale painting of the figure to showcase the design without the interference of the suggested color palette V
tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o3_1280.png

We tried to create a design that is in line with the official frames to make Zephyr believable and easily interpreted into the Warframe universe while still expressing personal ideas in his figure such as the fashion-inspired armor, 'winged' arms, and falcon like helmet.

The Prime version of Zephyr would be mostly black with geometric designs in beige, and all the silver metals around his limbs would be replaced with gold.

Below are several suggestions for Zephyr's possible abilities. Combinations of four of these abilities will result in Zephyr's role as a Tenno. That is if he is offensive, defensive, utility, etc.

ABILITY DISCLAIMER - The abilities and descriptions are purposely vague, so that they can be interpreted as an idea and not discarded for undesired statistics! Therefore you will not find out if an ability does stagger, knock-back, elemental, proc chances, energy consumption, and etc! Enjoy them as concepts for now, and here's hoping if Zephyr gets implemented the teams behind that feat will work that out!

-Aeriel Strike

Spoiler

-Gust Kick
Spoiler

-Glide
Spoiler

-Turbulence (Def)
Spoiler

-Tail Winds
Spoiler

-Gale Force (This ability is a Zephyr MUST and all other abilities are complimented by Gale Force)
Spoiler

-Last Breath
Spoiler

-Tornado (Ubr)
Spoiler

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT
Wow! Zephyr has been featured on Prime Time Episode 4! If you guys want to see the feature yourself, Zephyr shows up at around 49 minutes into the stream!
I am so proud my art and concept have been featured, thank you so much Miss Megan and Miss Rebecca!
In the near future I will add a custom Syndana for Zephyr, and perhaps a signature weapon!

EDIT II - Dec.01.13
A mistake with Zephyr's Gale flight ability, we meant to say that flight is controlled by the WASD keys, not the arrow keys.

EDIT III - Dec.12.13
New Unique Synadas added!
tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o7_r1_1280.png

Suggestion 1 - Turbulance
Spoiler

Suggestion 2 - Sylph
Spoiler

Suggestion 3 - Mistral
Spoiler

EDIT 1.4.2014
Revised and new abilities added, old abilities tweaked in descriptions. Note- We realize that in some of the images and pictures Zephyr's name has been referred to as 'Zyphyr.' This is a typo mistake on our part and his name is actually spelled 'Zephyr!'

EDIT 2.9.14

Screenshots.

Spoiler

We have wonderful news to share. Last night in-game we have received not only acknowledgement for the Zephyr concept, which was all we could have wished for, but also a gracious gift from DE.

With permission we have decided to show the gifts in an effort to appease some of the conflict and discussions that have been going on recently on the topic of fellow Tenno beckoning for our honor, so to speak.

We have received the following…

• A personal in-game letter~
  • A 3 day Affinity and Credit booster.
  • An amount of Platinum.
  • A super charged Phage, Akstilletto, and Jat Kittag all with their own inventory slot.
  • A super charged Zephyr also with her own inventory slot.

We are overjoyed at this development, how everything resolved itself in good manner.

Also check out this little shout out to our IGN from one of the developers, Scot. https://twitter.com/...314187940126721

Once again thank you DE!

Edited by Volkovyi, 09 February 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#2 Hexosaurus

Hexosaurus

Disciple

• PC Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Jesus @(*()$ christ. That's amazing. I don't have words to describe this.

#3 Commander_Pancakes

Commander_Pancakes

Silver Novice

• Grand Master
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

awesome-day.gif

#4 tahrox

tahrox

Gold Disciple

• PC Member
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Holy S#&$.

#5 Anatolius

Anatolius

Middle Master

• PC Member
  • 2559 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

;3c well done my friend

he indeed has some bird like features.

#6 Darktigr

Darktigr

Novice

• PC Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

... I like it. You obviously put alot of work into this idea and i hope they go through with it. It deserves praise.

#7 Vitras

Vitras

Hunter

• PC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

At first when I read that it was a wind warframe concept I thought "oh no, not another one", but after seeing this I will be so sad if this isn't considered to be put into the game. I love the design.

#8 Ralmstein

Ralmstein

Silver Novice

• Master
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's very professional, Nice gray-scale btw, I don't see many people include those.

Anyway, only suggestion is make the "wing" protrusions off the forearms a bit smaller, right now they seem bulky while the rest of the frame has a very "feathery/light" feel to it.

#9 NBlitZ

NBlitZ

Gold Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 1038 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's very professional, Nice gray-scale btw, I don't see many people include those.

Anyway, only suggestion is make the "wing" protrusions off the forearms a bit smaller, right now they seem bulky while the rest of the frame has a very "feathery/light" feel to it.

I think they should be bigger but (Thinner)

Also it looks very much like Volt in a way

#10 Phantom_Jack

Phantom_Jack

Disciple

• Hunter
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Same as above^

You obviously put an incredible amount of work into this idea with a nice focus on abilities and variants. The design is fresh and very original with a great blend of warframe aesthetics with more traditional cloths.

I cannot express how good this is with a single + 1

You have all of my future platinum for your warframe, not if it reaches the game, but when it does.

#11 Iacon

Iacon

Silver Novice

• Hunter
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

DE pleeeeeeaseee!!!!!!!!

#12 magalor

magalor

Novice

• Master
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

This has got to be one of the most well designed and well thought out concepts I have ever had the pleasure to read.

#13 Darktigr

Darktigr

Novice

• PC Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

wow, this idea blew up fast, i saw it a couple minutes ago, posted came back and now there are tons of people seeing it you really outdid yourself

#14 Ned_Wiki

Ned_Wiki

Silver Novice

• Grand Master
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

If this doesn't get attention by DE it's a CRIME.

This is masterwork right here.
  A+ Art
  A+ Ideas

This is the greatest thing I've seen on the forums. It would be a grave error for DE to not take what you have created and give it the time it deserves to integrate into this game. Bravo.

#15 Ralmstein

Ralmstein

Silver Novice

• Master
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think they should be bigger but (Thinner)

Also it looks very much like Volt in a way

Well smaller would be thinner, so you and I are talking about the same thing. Sorry if that wasn't clear :), right now though they are too bulky for my taste.

#16 GatzHowl

GatzHowl

Silver Initiate

• Master
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Dam my dreams are coming true!!! Literally same name as my submission for contest nova won and like 2 of the same powers my brain is very satisfied

#17 magnaar

magnaar

Silver Novice

• Hunter
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

zupa cool

#18 KantekaRazorshade

KantekaRazorshade

Initiate

• PC Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I follow Liger on DA and know he has some great work, but this just blew my mind, I absolutely love this design, heres hoping and praying that this Frame gets recoginzed by DE its way to amazing to pass up! This should definitly be in the design counsel.

#19 Vanmire

Vanmire

Initiate

• Hunter
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Very Badass indeed :D, I like his unique abilities over the usual frontal damaging ability and the usual aoe stun. I really like the Tornado ability but I feel that the arrow directions for the Gale force ability to be utilized by the WASD rather than the arrow keys but that's just my opinion, however amazing concept. :3

#20 SilverBones

SilverBones

Eagle

• Community Moderator
  • 2032 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Good God...

I am stunned with how amazing this is.