Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Grineer Quotes

Amistyrja

You forgot these gems:

"Keep my eyes open for what?"

"If I find anyone, I'm bringing back his head."

Proposed compromise: The Grineer should get subtitles. Each Grineer type would have a little avatar portrait, and every once in a while when one nearby says something, they'd have a translation in their own little window, like the Lotus' orders.

The first thing, though, is that the message would have to be low-priority so that it doesn't overlap boss taunts and Lotus messages. The second is that it'll need a cooldown timer of sorts- say, one translation every 45 seconds minimum - so that you don't get flooded with a hundred "SON OF A GUK" the next time you're grinding Kappa.

Edited by Hawkwasp

Or DE could add these back in at random. Every once in a while, you might hear "Hey, leave my mother out of this." or one of the other old Grineer lines. Who's to say that the Grineer can't be multilingual? It doesn't need to happen all the time, but it would be nice to hear them again.

P.S. Who the heck is Clem? Every 5 seconds I hear "Git Clem!" I have no idea who this guy is and I would really like to beat him up so that they stop saying it.

Gaet Klam or Klem or Klaem, I think. But "Combat Formation Bravo" cracked me up every time. It was kinda annoying though.

ps. Does anyone know where I can access the soundfiles of the game? I'd like to listen through the new grineer sounds, also since I'm studying linguistics I'd attempt to phonetically transcribe them.

All the Grineer lines are translations of what they used to say in English.  So all those old lines are still in the game... just in the Grineer language :)

B-b-but the English lines were great! Could we get Combat Formation Bravo back at least pleeaaase, that one is just legendary. You know of the legendary Combat Formation Bravo right?

Step 1: Shout "He's here!", even if the Tenno you spotted is a Nyx or Saryn etc

Step 2: Try to get behind 'him', we'll flank him out!

Step 3: Stay close to the walls! It's not like they have Shred or anything!

Step 4: Initiate lockdown procedure to trap yourselves in with the Tenno

Step 5: Shout "I think we've got him surrounded!". This is still applicable even if you are the last Grineer on the entire ship.

Step 6: Bark "Cover me!" as you advance. It does not matter even if all your available allies happen to be dismembered, disintegrated or pinned to walls.

Step 7: Profit. For the Queens.

• 2 weeks later...

All the Grineer lines are translations of what they used to say in English.  So all those old lines are still in the game... just in the Grineer language :)

All I ever hear is... "TENNO......SKUUUUUUUM!"

Then its like "thanks, buddy!" because their yelling has given me a good reference point as to how far away they are and what direction they are in relation to myself (I use a pair of expensive headphones that you'd hear a pin drop). Sometimes in dark rooms with lots of pillars and cover and stuff, their yells help me pinpoint where they are long before I see them.

Edited by Xylia

that's great and all, but since the grineer sometimes speak engrish anyways, it would be really awesome if some of those old beta lines snuck in in engrish occasionally, it would make new players be like "did he just say leave my mother out of this?!?!?!" that kind of thing is awesome and adds to the allure ingame

+1 OP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear hardworking developers,

please put back the old Grineer quotes, they were an important part of what we all love so much in warframe: its unique feel.

Why change them? They were perfect.

why regress to old sounds solely for nostalgia's sake? The voice acting sounds far more professional compared to before, and they pair much better with the brute force nature of the grineer. It wouldn't really make sense to revert that change now. Besides, I get a laugh more out of "TENNO SKKOOOOOMMM!!" then I do out of a monotonous "combat formation bravo.".

Edited by DarkSignal

I get a laugh more out of "TENNO SKKOOOOOMMM!!" then I do out of a monotonous "combat formation bravo." any day.

This is a deeply personal problem, unrelated to the topic. <.< Has a LOT to do with you being a relative newbie.

When you've heard this brilliant plan used against you for months on end, you can't help but smile every time a little grineer posits this as a grand strategy against the fact they've gone from 30 guys guarding a room down to 2.

Plus, I'd like to point out, it adds a lot of character to the game. Currently, the grineer are aliens shouting incoherent alien at you. I suppose some die-hards may have translated it all to know when what is said, but even then, it's odd.

It gave the grineer a sense of humanity. You could see how they were addled, and how they were confused or angry.

Now, for all it matters, there could be a single sound they make and you'd be pressed to know the difference. It's equally incoherent either way,

It robs the player experience of a lot of the grineer's personality.

At the very least, being able to activate a translator of some sort, probably earned through the codex, would both give the codex more meaning(versus just using the wiki) and allow you to have the greater sense of immersion granted by thinking of the grineer as people, rather than just monsters with funny noises.