Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equix The Gender-Bending Warframe

Freelancer27

I posted this before, but no one seems to get a good eye on this one due to the numerous Warframes I suggested. So, I was thinking of posting this alone.

Name: Equix (Shortened for Equinox)
Appearance: A Physical-bending Warframe, though not a total shapeshifter.
Idea: This is more of a mode-switching Warframe, as it has its first ability to change its shape. (Why "it"? Read further details below)
To put it up straight to the point, this is a Gender-bending Warframe. Yes, quite unexpected, right? Utilizing reformation materials, this thing can shift modes whenever the player needs to change strategy in a flash. This may seem discriminating, but the Warframes showed up right now proved its specifications. Please don't be offended by this, I am simply following the preferences from the given frames in game. :(

Base Statistics
Male
Health: 150 (75)
Power: 100
Armor: 130 (65)
Shields: 75 (150)
Shield Recharge: 20 (25)
Sprint Speed: 0.95 (1.2)
Stamina: 8

Female
Health: 75 (150)
Armor: 65 (130)
Shields: 150 (75)
Shield Recharge: 25 (20)
Sprint Speed: 1.2 (0.95)

Note: Sides are respected as followed, and appear correspondingly random to the current gender of the frame.

Null (For the last ability)
Health: 125
Armor: 130
Shields: 125
Shield Recharge: 22.5
Sprint Speed: 1.1

Abilities

1. Mode Shift

As said, this ability changes modes for Equix.
Expends 25 energy every use.
Changed Health and Shields will follow the ratio applied from its previous form. Rounded up, so tiny healing is renounced, with a plus of small amount of health as well.
Mode Shift takes a small time to complete.

2. Parity Shot

This generates a multiplicative multi-shot for Equix in all of its weapons. Including melee.
Has a short duration.
In Ranged weapons, regular multi-shot system is applied.
In Melee, generates another melee hit in a mirrored direction, thus a wider, greater DPS.
Ratio of the mirrored and original damage should produce a certain percentage total in levels, such as 150%/200%/250%/300% of damage in total. Like for example, using a Skana that deals about 25 damage. Using 150%, the damage is split to 75% as 18.75, then doubling with the mirror will cause a total of 37.5 damage.
Consumes 50 energy every use.
Can work along with Split and Protoform, but this consumes more energy as a combo.

3. Split

Splits Equix into its two modes, with one currently in control remains, while the other not in control will have his/her own autonomous functions.
Autonomous version will have tactics similar to those of a Stalker against enemies.
If Autonomous version is killed, the Split ability will terminate.
Ability has a long duration.
If Mode Shift is used while Split is active, the clone will switch Statistics with the original.
If original is killed, however, the other mode will also die.
Split can't be used when Protoform is active.
Costs 75 energy every use.

4. Protoform

Gives Equix extreme regenerative powers to health and shields, for a short period.
Protoform leads Equix into a Null State, having its own statistics. (Look for the statistics above.)
This can mean Equix can be used as an ability tank. And also makes Equix into its true form, a slender yet blob-like structure.
Damage intake remains, but can be boosted by standard mods as much as upgrading frames regularly.
Like Trinity's Link ability, taking damage will be delivered to enemies. Unlike Trinity, attacks coming that attacking enemy will be the one receiving that damage, instead of others.
This only affects Equix.
This also increases Equix's speed slightly, as Protoformic energies charge its frame for a short period.
Equix can die while this ability is active.
If Equix really did die, it leaves an explosion that deals moderate damage.
Mode shift can be used during Protoform.
Sadly, Protoform can't be used when Split is active.
Uses 100 energy in every use.

When it comes to Equix, Genderlocking is not a big issue, it's more of an advantage to it.
Edited by Freelancer27

I don't know if DE wants to spark controversy with a gender-bending frame. 

I don't know much of the Warframe customization system myself, which was heavily speculated by players about Gender-lock. And, Equix does not even have a gender at all general, technically.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

Its a really interesting and original idea, but i think at least parity shot and protoform should have different effects in each form, maybe defensive capabilities and short range moderate to high damage crowd control properties not suitable for long range in male form and long range brutal damage over time properties not suitable for short range in female form, also the mode shift should be something fast that you could use while moving or falling so you can change fast depending on the situation (like Dante's styles in DMC4), also this warframe needs a huge energy pool, like loki or vauban, because if you want to use those abilities effectively, you are going to use/need a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of energy

Its a really interesting and original idea, but i think at least parity shot and protoform should have different effects in each form, maybe defensive capabilities and short range moderate to high damage crowd control properties not suitable for long range in male form and long range brutal damage over time properties not suitable for short range in female form, also the mode shift should be something fast that you could use while moving or falling so you can change fast depending on the situation (like Dante's styles in DMC4), also this warframe needs a huge energy pool, like loki or vauban, because if you want to use those abilities effectively, you are going to use/need a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of energy

Parity shot is for both forms since the Mirror effects causes the attacks to double in general.

Protoform is dependent on the ability of the two modes, either wanting good shields or good health.

For the energy capacity, I think this is actually enough, too much can grant players abuse to the two mention abilities above this text, making Equix a total damage tank, which is not a good thing. It is intended to be an adapting (scratch that) Warframe.

Edited by Freelancer27

• 1 month later...

I get the idea of a mode-change frame, but I seriously think the gender-swap bit should be played down a bit. Just give it a "Strength Mode" and a "Speed Mode", and design each mode fittingly, but maybe in a way that if you looked at it long enough you'd notice "Wait a minute, in Strength mode he looks kinda like a buff guy, but in Speed mode it looks like a chick".

I agree with the subtleness of the appearance when changing modes, which one of the things I could expect for Equix.

So far, I even heard of other suggested Warframes that switch personas to create different adaptations, having separated statistics that makes an advantage on using reserves. I intended to make Equix genderbending since I want to removed "reserving" on health and energy which makes other Warframes too OP if handled with greater skills. Instead, the health will be logically ratio'ed on Equix himself without giving to a partner or a second persona to preserve with.

• 1 year later...

Best frame idea I've read so far in all account. Like someone said it would probably be Beyer to present the mode with special names and make the gender change a pure aesthetic thing. I especialy love the "mode" concept since I've developed something similar for some of my own concept frames