Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasma Sword, Dual Heatsword, Gram Comparisons, And Opinions

--Sensei--

So I've been on a long journey to find the "perfect" sword basing on my own opinions.

I fell in love with the Plasma sword, with it's unique wall climb dash slice, the way when you run with it and charge slice, it gives you a momentary speed thrust, as well as hitting everything in its path during that regardless if you missed the target by running past it completely it still dies. Did I mention its the fastest charging sword?

Well I fell in love with plasma but I wanted to find a sword equally as fast at charging speed and good charge dmg as well as multi hitting properties with it. My two choices were Gram and Dual Heats, I actually leveled all 3 swords to rank 30 and supercharged them, and tested them all out.

in my opinion based on testing and style of play

Best is Plasma sword, second being Gram and last being Dual Heatswords.

How did I come to this conclusion? (before anyone asks, yes I used the exact same mods on all of them 4 50% charge dmg mods and 3 39% heavy charge speed mods)

Plasma sword as mentioned above earlier had all these great benefits despite not being able to multii hit like Gram or Dual Heats, how ever the charge speed of Plasma sword is ungodly, that it can literally compete with multi hit weapons and ks them (its like running around with the regular heatsword pre nerf when it had 1.5 Fire rate with max fire rate mods and melting everything you touch with ohkos) yes that how it was with me and Plasma, each charged swing was so godly fast and melted everything it touched.

The Gram being second was due to the fact that it has great huge base charge dmg (200) it hits really hard, especially with my mods, that and it can multi hit. How ever despite multi hit properties it just can't keep up with the Plasma in terms of charge speed, but it gets second because its huge charge dmg is not to be ignored, I'd keep it as my 2nd melee wep that does the multi job if I ever need it.

Dual HeatS being last mostly because its charge speed could not keep up with Plasma but was faster vs Gram only by a small bit. But even then might as well use Gram for higher base charge dmg and they both can multi hit either way.

Mostly idk what it is, but Plasma sword is definitely special, I just rly don't know what it is, maybe its the unique wall jump slash, fastest charge speed ever, HUGE hitbox range that can hit behind and in front so running past enemies when u think u missed them isn't rly the case because you've killed them, a huge momentary speed boost when releasing charge pushes you foward really fast, its like having a 7th sprint mod.

Anyways in the end, I went back to Plasma sword, Faster boss kills, more mob kills, more dps, overall in my opinion its the best sword ingame, now if I had the dark sword, I'd test it out against the Plasma sword to see if it has anything special.

I feel like the Devs had a reason why they made plasma sword an alert reward, because there really is something special about it, Now my goal is to get the dark sword and see if it also has anything special.

tldr: Plasma sword OP, and has the fastest charge speed ingame with a huge hitbox.

Edited by BushidoCode

Alert missions that have a "?" as a reward, check the alert sub-forums, and wait till an alert with ? has a plasma sword as the reward.

Thanks, this is the first time I've heard of it. I'm guessing it's better than cronus?

How do u inspects the difference like hit boxes. Just a feeling? or do u have to take some videos and see the difference?

Im just wondering that wuts the best way to inspects the melee weapons.

coz i want to know the real difference between jaw, and pan sword and other sword

Edited by lunarian

How do u inspects the difference like hit boxes. Just a feeling? or do u have to take some videos and see the difference?

Im just wondering that wuts the best way to inspects the melee weapons.

coz i want to know the real difference between jaw, and pan sword and other sword

oh well, theres feeling sure, but also visual appearance, like take plasma sword for example, you can cut enemies from a certain distance off the visual model of the actual blade tip, so I tried testing this by staying a bit far from the enemies when I cut them with plasma, and estimate the range every time till I can pull off the "invisible range cut" exactly. The reach is longer than the actual model length of the sword itself. You actually have confidence blindly slashing into an enemy and know you've cut them.