Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"I am Ash." - Very short bit of fiction.

SilverBones

I am Ash.

I breathe. The feeling of life fills my lungs as I take it in and focus; how the air diffuses and separates, entering my body to power my muscles and control my grip. To my side, I hear the thunderous roar of my companions Gorgon. The sound moves through the air and drums on my ears via the auditory relays in my helm. As I exhale, the blade in my hand arcs out with my arm and at the final, climatic loosing of air, I see the shimmering, silver flash carve deeply through the thin slits in my enemy’s armor. His pale, augmented flesh parts like silk.

He falls; two chunks of meat leaving each other like a dance of crimson and blurred metal as my blade finishes its arc and returns to my side, purging itself of the liquid ruby so it may strike again.

His death gurgle leaves a tingling... perhaps, a just sense of satisfaction behind.

To my side, my compatriots silently consider the next course of action. We are a quiet people; the Tenno, We consider and judge and evaluate. I can almost feel the thoughts of the Rhino, eager to break his foes against the crucible that is his body. The Trinity waits; passionately dedicated to her cause and her team - our foundation in times of trial. It is the Excalibur that finally takes the lead, moving us on towards our objective, guided by the Lotus.

I consider nothing.

When the enemy comes to us again, I will know what I must do.

I am Ash.

Edited by SilverBones

Thank you all for your kind feedback.

I will probably do a couple more for some other 'Frames. I kind of like the idea of the Tenno being dedicated, monk-like warriors who take every stride in battle as a war in an of itself. Always acting with purpose, never with abandon. The warrior-monk thought patterns seem to go with the setting as well as the imagry of the 'Frame sitting in seiza during the title screens etc.

Calm in a storm of Industry and Death.

• 1 month later...

I... just... (I love it).

I bought Ash yesterday, and scrolling through the forums to find this has actually made me love even more this Warframe. That was a very interesting way to describe a Warframe's daily slauthery. What I'd really like to find in these kind of lores is an ability eplanation, with each Warframe using their skills to deliver retribution and to reborn from the eternal sleep upon their enemies. Just imagine it gives me a delightful taste of excitement lol. Awesome work. You may or not have inspired me to make some crosses fanlores among Warframes and other videogames, clashing each other, but I will decide it later lol. Keep going, Tenno!

• 1 month later...