Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrade Menu Overhaul (With Images)

xGryphus

Concept loosely based on this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/125661-hey-de-in-response-to-can-we-get-more-slots-question-in-lstream16-a-proposal

DE recently promised us additional mod slots for our frames and weapons. This is my idea how to do it and add a bit of immersion at the same time. First, some images:
30muaed.jpg
2qx4308.jpg
Section I: compatible mod menu as we know it - personally I find it quite convenient so no changes here.

Section II: Abilities
The point here is that abilities would have their dedicated slots (marked as B). Menu A would allow to switch between 4 pages - one for each ability. Pages labels would be dynamic they would display <empty> untill ability is equipped, e.g equipping Null Star on second page and Worm Hole on fourth would result in:
<Empty>

<Null Star>

<Empty>

<Worm Hole>

The reasoning behind this is to allow implementation of alternative abilities in future. Also ability cards would cost no capacity.

Three slots marked as C are dedicated to modify ability on corresponding page - this allows separate customization for every ability. This would be followed up by restricting mods like Streamline, Focus, Stretch and so on to those slots only while some mods, like Constitution, would affect all mods but would be equipped in different section (F).

One slot would be automatically unlocked every 10 levels (first on lvl 10, second on lvl 20, third on lvl 30).

Changing pages in menu A would possibly refresh compatible mods menu so same instance of mod could be used with multiple abilities.

Section III

Starts pretty regular, with D as aura slot. However Buttons present in section E switches between three separate pages labelled as: Helmet, Chassis and Systems; four mod slots each. Different mods would be exclusive to those 3 sections e.g. Vitality and Redirection would be Chassis mods while Thief's Wit - Helmet mod.

Three slots per page would be available by default while fourth could be only unlocked by polarizing it (using Forma on it) for the first time.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by xGryphus

But... in my head this takes up WAYYY more mod capacity than the current system does. 

I skimmed through the whole thing, and the idea is great... just... with all this additional space, how will we get above 74 mod cap?

EDIT: A suggestion could be if, for example: (again, I skimmed through what you said so apologies for anything repeated)

You put Constitution on Null star and you put the same constitution on Molecular Prime, then it would not take more space, because it's the same mod. 

But, if you were to change that and put two different constitutions, then I guess it would cost you.

Edited by Aryajmarya

But... in my head this takes up WAYYY more mod capacity than the current system does. 

I skimmed through the whole thing, and the idea is great... just... with all this additional space, how will we get above 74 mod cap?

you can always change polarity to cut down on the energy drain. 

may be  5 extra energy for every time you use forma? 

EDIT: A suggestion could be if, for example: (again, I skimmed through what you said so apologies for anything repeated)

You put Constitution on Null star and you put the same constitution on Molecular Prime, then it would not take more space, because it's the same mod. 

But, if you were to change that and put two different constitutions, then I guess it would cost you.

First of all (of which I completely forgot - thanks for reminder) as you can see abilities have no cost.

Currently even without polarizing slots we have some spare points on our frames so Forma should do the trick. Also ability modifiers coud have their cost lowered

Edited by xGryphus