Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Lethal Takedown, Interrogation, And Codex

ssh83

Ninja and Stealth... should really go hand-in-hand, but there's currently no reward for doing it.

I think Codex should be earned in 2 parts, regular-kills and scan (for basic info), then stealth-kill (for more credit toward codex).   There should be a non-lethal melee weapon that player can craft and use for non-lethal take-down from stealth.  When successful, the target taken down will become a captive once mission completes successfully.

The captive will then become an item in the foundry for interrogation.  It should work like crafting an item from blueprint, but instead of being given an item, we'd get top tier information in the codex.

Edited by ssh83

but to implent this is going to be difficult (maybe).

Naah.  I think it'd be a pretty simple to do this.  Killing Stalker give you blueprint at the end of mission, so the reward from non-lethal takedown can piggyback on the same system.  Then they just need to create like 70 "interrogation" blueprints using each enemy's model for icon.

Sounds like slavery and summoning.

But I like that.

Like, capture X gunners to learn about their weaknesses and stuff - things you'd find in a bestiary.

But I also like bringing them into combat - would make solo play hella fun.

(Though, stealth would be near impossible, unless they're directed via waypoints and programmed with some custom AI mechanic)

• 3 weeks later...

Well then stealth will need a buff to its mechanics, or will everyone will have an Ash or Loki hanging around to do some soloing. 

That would help make them more relevant without giving them OP damage to match the other popular frames.

I think this will be a very good compliment to the current implementation of scanning that we saw in live stream.  Maybe an interrogation will be worth 10 stealth scans or something, so we can use player skill to reduce the grind factor.

After being feeling burned out from obsessive rushing in the last event, I tried doing stealth (with a Vauban and hushed Vectis).  It makes warframe fun again.  I think stealth gameplay (or any other reason to play more carefully, slowly) is THE best way to play because you actually care about the environment, enemy movement, etc.  Where as in rushing you just kill everything with reckless abandon.