Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Getting Nerfed!?

Hammie

This is completely not true.  When other people mprime, I set off the explosions because I'm already busy shooting stuff, not looking at a menu to see which enemy I will artfully headshot from a mile away.  And, the second one mob dies, another one takes it's place.  The enemies just keep coming.

And the xp split works the same way no matter how some else kills the enemy.  IT does not matter if they shoot them or use a power.  They got the kill.  You get the xp divided between warframe and weapons equally.

Your wrong, you get less when a Novas is spamming MP

The fact of the matter is that you get full experience for whatever your team kills.  It does not matter if the enemy was killed by mprime, rhino stomp, a warframe ability, a pistol, a melee weapon, or a secondary.

You don't get the same with a Nova spamming prime, go look it up and work it out with a bit of math.

Edited by DaveC

as for XP.

Personal XP will be negligible

Shared XP will be 25% of that available (if say your ranking a weapon). The Novas kills XP are split between all 3 weapons and your frame.

Wrong, shared XP will be 100%.  You get all the XP for leeching, split equally between warframe and weapons, 25% each.  It does not matter how the enemy was killed by team.  The split is exactly the same.  This has nothing to do with Nova.  It's like that for all the warframes no matter what they do.

You are fortunate that your team is "pressing 4 to win".  They are killing faster so you are leeching faster.

With no Nova (example for ranking a primary weapon)

Or Blade Storm, Sound Quake, World on Fire, Slash Dash, Radial Javalin, Avalanche, Pull, Shield Polarize, Crush, Reckoning, Rhino Charge, Rhino Stomp, Miasma, Overload.

Personal XP can be approx 25% of that available (from your own kills, assuming u kill 25% of stuff). Halve this as its split between warframe and weapon and you get 12.5 % of XP that's available.

Shared XP will be approx 50% of whats available (because their kills shared XP are split between your weapon and your warframe), if everyone used same weapon, but assume only half use same weapon, that 50% can be as low as 25%.

Total XP with no Nova approx from 37.5% - 62.5% of available XP.

On average, you can get approximately double the XP with no Nova on the team. If your ranking your Warframe, it can be even more than that, if you have a good primary weapon....up to 3 times more than when a Nova is present.

This is borne out in practice on the countless warframes and weapons I have ranked and re ranked after forma. Sure it's simplified and people will kill stuff in all sorts of ways. BUT, when a Nova kills, you only get 25%. When stuff isn't killed by a Nova, you could get up to 62.5%!

Wrong, again, shared XP will be 100%, of whatever the team kills.  100% of 75% is 75%.  75%/4 = 18.75% of team XP for each of your warframe and weapons, NO MATTER HOW THE TEAM KILLED IT.

That's 12.5%+18.75% = 31.25% of the total XP going to the weapon you used, plus 31.25% of the total XP going to your warframe, plus 18.75% of the total XP going to each of the other 2 weapons you did not use.

So, the difference between not getting any kills and getting 25% of the kills, NO MATTER HOW YOUR TEAM SCORED KILLS, is 6.5%.

The loss is more than made up for by the fact that your TEAM is killing more enemies thanks to abilities than guns.

So.  You.  Are. Wrong.

If you got all the kills, the entire team would get 100% of all the XP.  For you, half the XP would go to your weapon, the other half to your Warframe.  So, the most XP you can get in a weapon is 50% of the total XP.  You can't get 62.5% of the XP for a weapon.  It's impossible.

If you leeched and they spammed nothing but powers and they killed twice as much using powers than they did using guns, you would get 50% of the XP compared to the 25% you would have gotten if they had not used powers and killed twice as much.

You.  Wrong.

Warframe is not a gun game.  That's what COD is for.  Warframe is a gun, melee, AND ability game, big yummy explosive abilities!  It would be a rip off to lose that because all you want to do is level up your weapon.  

If all you want to do is level up your weapon, then, you are in the wrong game.  Stop tormenting yourself.  There are a lot of gun games out there.

Edited by ThePresident777

You.  Wrong.

Warframe is not a gun game.  That's what COD is for.  Warframe is a gun, melee, AND ability game, big yummy explosive abilities!  It would be a rip off to lose that because all you want to do is level up your weapon.  

If all you want to do is level up your weapon, then, you are in the wrong game.  Stop tormenting yourself.  There are a lot of gun games out there.

Please read what I write properly, the weapon was just an example, it could have been primary, secondary, warframe melee. I'm simply not going to go through multiple scenarios to satisfy people like you who don't read posts and don't understand the small part u do read. You carry on having Novas in your teams and rank stuff up slowly, I wont and will rank up my stuff quickly.

having Nova with the skills she has, I think breaks the game for others, especially newer players. I have a Nova, but I won't play it, because it is "unfun" for others and they can rank up their stuff better without a spammy Nova.

ember doesn't benefit from fleeting expertise.

Not sure where you got that idea from but it works just fine with my corrupted build. I always get top kills in survivals because I can perma run WoF! I rank up past +500 kills every time. If you can't do that then your doing something wrong.

Please read what I write properly, the weapon was just an example, it could have been primary, secondary, warframe melee. I'm simply not going to go through multiple scenarios to satisfy people like you who don't read posts and don't understand the small part u do read. You carry on having Novas in your teams and rank stuff up slowly, I wont and will rank up my stuff quickly.

having Nova with the skills she has, I think breaks the game for others, especially newer players. I have a Nova, but I won't play it, because it is "unfun" for others and they can rank up their stuff better without a spammy Nova.

Stop the BS.  You're calcualtions are wrong.  You can't get more than 50% total XP on a weapon.

Don't play Nova, or with Novas, if you don't want.  But, don't try to BS me with bogus calculations then call for my fun to get nerfed.

The thing I really cant understand is if you don't like a certain thing then why can't you just avoid it. Nova is not op, shes has hardly any defense. She plays a role like all the other warframes. As people have pointed out, the novas only seem op on really low level missions. But in higher ones, such as T3 and nightmare she has a role just like all other warframes. You cant spam solo a nightmare with molecular prime because you die so quickly. You need a L

loki or rhino or frost for their uses as well. Nova is a damage warframe. Maybe instead of crying about having something taken away from everyone who plays the game because you don't like it, why don't you spend your energy crying for something we can all benefit from. Another damage based warframe.

The thing I really cant understand is if you don't like a certain thing then why can't you just avoid it. Nova is not op, shes has hardly any defense. She plays a role like all the other warframes. As people have pointed out, the novas only seem op on really low level missions. But in higher ones, such as T3 and nightmare she has a role just like all other warframes. You cant spam solo a nightmare with molecular prime because you die so quickly. You need a L

loki or rhino or frost for their uses as well. Nova is a damage warframe. Maybe instead of crying about having something taken away from everyone who plays the game because you don't like it, why don't you spend your energy crying for something we can all benefit from. Another damage based warframe.

Though, she can orchestrate her 'survivability' in different ways: Her speed matched with zoren-coptering, wormhole, using 4 as a panic button(the most common).

If you're dying quickly endgame/T3/Nightmare with Nova, you're doing it wrong. On paper she's squishy, but like I said, there are many ways to counter the "squishiness". She seems only OP on low-end missions, yet, that's what builds are for(ie; replacing Nullstar slot for survivability mods and/or corrupted builds with either blind range for Antimatter + MP, or builds with Overextended, making you able to just hide in enclosed area's/corners from enemy fire while spamming 4). Hell, you can replace Wormhole's slot as well for even more versatility and "fixing" the crutches of survivability etc etc, I only use it for the sake of speed running with slow people anyways.

When I bring my Nova to speedruns of high-end defense alerts and such, I just zorencopter to spawns and 4-to-win. It's quite stale actually, but I take initiative to things that can make those pesty alerts any faster. People like you say "oh she plays a role in the party just like any other warframe"; fact of the matter is she replaces the want for many of the other DPS frames in PUGs(ie; LF> 3 Nova's and 1 Trinity <-I've actually seen a few of these before). A frame like Rhino is not a necessity when you have a Nova, yet nice to have. Most of the time when I go for 40min T3 survivals as Nova I bring a Trinity and a Neckros, and the 4th is honestly whatever really.

You can say "well you can set up another DPS frame with such build"- Yes but Nova still wins due to the amount of utility of CC combined with insane damage. All she would need is MP, but no, there's another extremely doable endgame skill: Antimatter Drop, which just makes it overkill. I'd be hitting around 100k+ with this thing, not even charged to it's full potential.

You can say "Well she is a DPS caster frame, she should be dealing DPS"- yet the other casters are lacking so much in DPS in comparison as well as some of them appealing only mostly to only one faction. Nova doesn't have this problem. It's not bad for a frame to have a specific role, it's bad when that said frame is killing many other frames' roles just 'cause- "well we hav nova we dont need x or y, it's nt necessry dar dar dar".

"What the f^ck is Sonar, and what the hell is a Banshee?"

"The thing I really cant understand is if you don't like a certain thing then why can't you just avoid it"

Well some of us actually like hosting PUGs, or used to rather, until you end up having 3 Nova's join in(which happens incredibly often, same with Rhino, but that's another thread) and it just makes the run incredibly dull. Yes, I do like getting carried some times, like the lazy ponce I am; and I like really fast runs when speed running, but 3 Nova's just makes my face cringe. The clusterf^ck of insta-kill in masses makes you lose sight of what made you have fun in the game in the first place, but I guess that's just me.

Edited by Novally

I guess Rhino is'nt literately Omnipotent (of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.) and just completely broken since he was first released and has literately has REMAINED so?

Let's Compare the two shall we? Since you're basically stating how Nova's ULT is fits ALL roles.

Rhino Charge: Gives Fast Travel and can provide SOME CC.

Rhino Skin: Literately Another HP Pool that can be Severely easily applied again with NO effort at all. Oh yes. and did I forget to mention you are immune to all CC such as knockdowns. 

Rhino Roar: Grants everyone in your party in the general area, based on your Power Strength; BONUS damage and Warframe Power Strength. And Increasing your own Rhino Skin even more!

Rhino Stomp: Decent damage. Hard CC can be spammed with proper mods.

Rhino is literately the Jack of all Trades Warframe. has amazing Overall Stats HP/SHIELDS/ARMOR but runs a bit slow

which can be completely neglected with his alternate helmet which has basically any side effects AT ALL or infact NONE.

RHINO is also one of the VERY first Warframes new players can basically farm RIGHT AWAY.

IF ANY WARFRAME deserves a Re-work or a massive nerf. It's Rhino. I know his suppose to be the "Tanky" Warframe, HOWEVER being able to completely fit EVERY ROLE no matter what mission/situation calls for is COMPLETELY broken. And the fact that he is a very VERY old Warframe that has been around for a while now and has not changed at all since then but basically becomes even more broken as more weapons and new mods are released. I honestly believe little Nova is BEYOND the problem at this point. You take away Nova's ULT and she becomes COMPLETELY useless. 

Null Star: Does CRAP DAMAGE.

Anti-Matter Drop: Is completely Useless in high risk combat moments and almost all the time requires your team coordination to FULLY embrace that ability. INFACT let me just say this right now. Her first 2 Abilities are just STRAIGHT OUT pointless. Almost all serious players completely remove those skills to either make more energy capacity or just COMPLETELY release the Polarity to something actually USEFUL and it literately becomes another Ash Teleport skill. "USELESS."

Wormhole: Does absolutely NOTHING other then help you sling across the map for more tactical advancements and benefits NOTHING at all against enemies other then a few CC every now and then at the exchange  of enemies disappearing and giving up Affinity/Loot because they do not reappear once walked into the teleport.

Molecular Prime: The Bread and Butter. That's ALL SHE has. The only way to FULLY embrace this ULT, is after LONG periods of Forma'ing and consistantly leveling up the high energy amount cost of mods.

Nova can not BE obtained as EASILY. Requires fighting The Raptor whom even test skills of that of AGE SEASON PLAYERS!

srry to say, but your crazy if you think rhino is still broken, i pray that DE doesnt listen to players like you.

New player here so I'll add my 2 cents.

Coming back into Warframe I wanted to play a burst type of character and doing research Nova fits the bill. 

Null Star: It was nice having these little guys kill things for me in the lower levels of the game, but once I got to higher level content and did T3+ I begin to notice this skill was a waste of energy as it could take all my orbs just to down one enemy. They cause a little bit of staggering when it hits something, but it was still useless to use at higher levels.

Antimatter Drop: The damage is great, this skill in general has a lot of things going for it. The unique mechanic of building it up before the big drop for TONS OF DAMAGE and the nice use of having the user think with their brain when to actually drop it is pretty cool. Too bad Molecular Prime exist. 

Worm Hole: Let's you get to point A to point B very fast. Nuff' said. In an "OH S#&amp;&#036;" moment I'm not going to use this. I'm going to use that other skill instead. The problem with this in a panic moment is the time between casting and the time you have to get through the portal, that's more then enough time for gang to just group up and do gangbang on you with constant knockdowns.

Molecular Prime: I love you. I really do. Room full of annoying enemies? M. Prime it. Having a panic moment? M. Prime it. You just want to look pretty and distract everyone's attention from that Vauban defending the pod? M. Prime it. What can I say? It's a DAMN GOOD SKILL. OP? NOPE! Lower levels sure! It does everything! At higher levels it will lose its luster a little. But I can see why there's a big uproar about it though and Nova in general. 

Like what was said earlier she just outclasses all the other supposed DPS in DPS by a very big margin. She has a big damage skill, nice little mobility skill, and then there's M. Prime. Her C.C, her defensive skill, her offensive skill, her literal Swiss army knife. The powercreep is already obvious and what needs to be done is have the other supposed DPS classes have a look at and get some more loving to match up with this frame except for Rhino he's fine the way he is. 

Sure I'll take the nerf to M.Prime if the numbers are adjusted, but don't remove the slow or the damage debuff. Instead of doing 200% damage make it 150% instead of a 50% slow make it a 30% slow. BOOM! You still keep the the aspects that make M. Prime so good, but it's not going to be as amazing as it used to be, but its not nerfed into oblivion either. 

Personally I prefer a more support or tanky warframe they just let you have more fun instead of just blowing things up. I just feel DE needs to take another approach to each warframe and instead of giving it the obligatory AOE damage skill they implement more unique concepts that really make them viable in all the stages of the game and also FUN to play. Not everything has to do a lot of damage to be viable just look at Vauban's sexy &amp;#&#33;.

Stop the BS.  You're calcualtions are wrong.  You can't get more than 50% total XP on a weapon.

Don't play Nova, or with Novas, if you don't want.  But, don't try to BS me with bogus calculations then call for my fun to get nerfed.

Your still not reading what I posted, I talk about the % that's "available" to come on your weapon, not a raw % of the total XP...jeez I wish you guys would read and think before typing.

I also try not to play with Novas, but it's difficult when every game has 1 or 2 Novas joining.

Your still not reading what I posted, I talk about the % that's "available" to come on your weapon, not a raw % of the total XP...jeez I wish you guys would read and think before typing.

I also try not to play with Novas, but it's difficult when every game has 1 or 2 Novas joining.

Only half of the total xp is "available" no matter how many people are playing.   Even if you solo and damage and kill with only a particular weapon, the most XP you will get for that weapon is 50% of total.  Your number are just made up.

It's about time.

Nerf every other frame no one bats an eye, Nerf Nova, everyone loses their Sh*t.

One can only assume that it's because so many people mainly play Nova. I don't care, because I rarely play my Nova (practice what you preach). It's OP and needs a good thoughtful re-balance. I don't think the answer as many argue, is to buff all the other frames...my god!!

I havnt played Nova for ages and probably won't again, but I see the same names month after month after month playing Nova and spamming 4. They will even join a game in progress with their finger hard pressed on 4, before they even see anything!

It's not fun for others, people on the receiving end of MP in general don't like it much and whatever Nova players tell you...if you are ranking 1 weapon, or your frame, you are better off with no Nova in the game and it ranks faster. This is because your not getting only 25% of the XP, as you get to kill stuff yourself (which is why we all play isn't it)..

Edited by DaveC

One can only assume that it's because so many people mainly play Nova. I don't care, because I rarely play my Nova (practice what you preach). It's OP and needs a good thoughtful re-balance. I don't think the answer as many argue, is to buff all the other frames...my god!!

I havnt played Nova for ages and probably won't again, but I see the same names month after month after month playing Nova and spamming 4. They will even join a game in progress with their finger hard pressed on 4, before they even see anything!

It's not fun for others, people on the receiving end of MP in general don't like it much and whatever Nova players tell you...if you are ranking 1 weapon, or your frame, you are better off with no Nova in the game and it ranks faster. This is because your not getting only 25% of the XP, as you get to kill stuff yourself (which is why we all play isn't it)..

I prefer killing things myself, Not only does it rank up faster, I get more accustomed to the weapon itself, learning it, loving it, hating it, But with this damn Nova spam, I kinda just end up with High ranked weapons I never really used.

I prefer killing things myself, Not only does it rank up faster, I get more accustomed to the weapon itself, learning it, loving it, hating it, But with this damn Nova spam, I kinda just end up with High ranked weapons I never really used.

You can use them just fine when they are level 30.  You can even experiment with mods when they are at level 30.  You could even not use up all the mod points and experiment with lower level mods or fewer mods.  Nothing is stopping you except yourself.  It's not Nova who is stopping you from using any weapon in any load out.

You could just solo then you would have all the XP and not miss a single bit of it.

Greetings!

Im kind of tired by read almost :D all post, so sry if im missed it (someone else said the same), and i say it again!

If ppl start to whine to nerf everything (cant argue more and dont want... by idiots who play LOW lvl/maps all time THEN make conclusions...), then all frame become useless, sooner or later...

Why i say this?  Crying for Nova Nerf?  they nerf.....then ppl come with rhinos os Saryns or even VOLT :D (on LOW lvl, by lvl ing unranked weapon or whateever) then you say NERF them all?:D   by they kill lvl 10 mobs by one skill....

Im sick of you ppl....  Even when i try to lvl my penta.... (when i start low lvl when my weapon all unranked) when i use (lvl) my penta and i kill a couple of mobs (in same room as they, DEFENDING pod or terminal depends on map type) they act like.. he?  he killing more mobs than me?  o.O thats BAD (like getting all the EXP for all people is being bad.... WE going to online LOW maps, TO get XP.... NOT to feed our EGO...)

Then they run like crazy rats outdoor (more room ahead, sometime all rest of my team, so all 3.. :D) to "block the mobs, but they kil them...." but forget... 1. DEFENSE the @(*()&#036; spot... or  left me alone, and I dont get any xp (only that idiot or idiots who ran backwards in other spot to kill)...

So they nerf all grenade/explosion weapons too, to "you" can shoot with your peashooter? (im getting aggro i know but this mentality is SICK...)

This is when i simply just left the spot and follow them, then they wonder why mission fail... :D :D

Why i told this?  When ppl even cant hold back their EGO against a WEAPON.... which functions like a massive, multi mob killer (exlposive, grenade launcher)... why they tolerate any other skills......

Sry im mad, and 06 AM here (didnt slept :D) by these cryings...  if YOU PVE (co op for XP....) why the fck matter WHO kills what, how, until everyone gets his portion of xp... Want skills? (i mean you own personal skill, by you an egoist lamy who MUST prooving anything in NON copetitive modes.. :D)? play on mid-end game maps (when you get there, but if cry all day, you wont even hit tha maps..  :P)

Anyway MY sloution, (for idiots who cant make decisions on real gameplay) make all ulits  cooldown, but rebalance them, NOT nerf them, so prevent spamming.....  then   M A Y B E everyone got (but i know alyway be one  who just complain to she/he be the CLEVER...) what they want...

Ultis/skills being  usefull (pwerful, not nerfed), but more challenging gameplay by cant spam all time...

Well whatever.... idc care who hate or not just cant stand this low minded community.... sooner or later you all (who acts like this) kill the game, before Devs (not like i afree all on their decisions, but that other topic...:D) can barely go to release (not beta) and implement/trying things (whatever they want to implement or not in the future GAME MECHANICS)

Over and Out...

P.S.: Yes maybe i had some sentence issues...(tired, dizzy) but whatever, intelligent, thinking, entities will understand that, others ... well.. (wont say anyting)