Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"I am Rhino." - Another short fiction.

SilverBones

I am Rhino.

I stand, the thrum of motors and maglifts pushing the elevator ever upwards. My eyes remain focused on the door, perhaps past it as I think of my task ahead. Hundreds of our enemy rest in this floating citadel to the old machine gods. The growl and hiss of Corpus soldiers mix with the metallic stomping of their Moa weapons platforms. None of it shakes my resolve. I can hear the thundering of adrenaline in my stomach and the rise and fall of my shoulders as I breathe in excitement. The Gorgon in my hands feels ready as well.

She never lets me down.

The elevator comes to a stop and my companions move a step back, raising their weapons as I move in an opposite motion and come to the front of the line. My Gorgon raised; its barrel still warm from the usage earlier, but still thirsty for the synthetic blood of our targets.

A hiss. A pop of seals breaking and the door opens. Beyond the edge of the elevator lay more of the synthetic-worshipping idolaters of blind faith. They did not expect to see us and without pity or remorse, I activate the damage reduction skin of my Warframe and lift my instrument of destruction. The glowing layer of energy covers me in a hide of comforting warmth, cooing softly to my flesh. Their weapons bounce off my skin like stones against a great aegis; the contact provoking a spike in my adrenaline, almost making me smile - were it not for the grave nature of our mission.

I am a rock and they break upon me like waves.

When my Gorgon opens fire, I am greeted with my destiny; I am the destroyer, the song of the end – The march of inevitability.

I am Rhino.

Edited by SilverBones

So, I was curious, I wanted to add the WARFRAMEs as a part of my WARFRAME Overview series. Do you think I could add these to the begining of them? Maybe have it read aloud in a voice fitted to them? I have several voice acting friends that could put a really good spin on your Fictions.

Sounds good to me! As long as you credit me for the work in the vid, I would be more than happy to let you use them!

Oh of course!

I was first going to run the sounds by you first since well.. I don't want to destroy your work! I couldn't quite figure out a voice for Ash, but I have a voice Actress friend of mine whom is interested in doing Ember, and Trinity.

https://soundcloud.com/john-dawson-14/sets/warframe-story-voices But thats what I've recorded thus far!

I like the normal voice you did for the Ash. Perhaps the gruff one seemed to lend that he was not as delicate or surgical as the normal version. I did a little voice-acting myself in college and I noticed you have a very similar issue to me in that you naturally don't pronounce T's at the end of words. I think if you forced yourself to do so, it would sound much clearer.

Other than that, I like it! I would love to hear your friend's take on the Ember and Trinity!

Quick Note:

His death gurgle leaves a tingling... perhaps just sense of satisfaction behind.

This part is intentional in it's structure. What he is saying here is that it seems like a just action. As in deserved or rightious.

The way you rephrased it in the Ash reading was

"His death gurgle leaves a tingling, perhaps... Just a sense of satisfaction behind."

LATER EDIT: The Smeagol version made me LOL. :]

Edited by SilverBones

I like the normal voice you did for the Ash. Perhaps the gruff one seemed to lend that he was not as delicate or surgical as the normal version. I did a little voice-acting myself in college and I noticed you have a very similar issue to me in that you naturally don't pronounce T's at the end of words. I think if you forced yourself to do so, it would sound much clearer.

Other than that, I like it! I would love to hear your friend's take on the Ember and Trinity!

Quick Note:

This part is intentional in it's structure. What he is saying here is that it seems like a just action. As in deserved or rightious.

The way you rephrased it in the Ash reading was

"His death gurgle leaves a tingling, perhaps... Just a sense of satisfaction behind."

LATER EDIT: The Smeagol version made me LOL. :]

Well I appreciate the feedback! I'm not sure how I should focus on making my T's a little clear. anything you'd recomend?

And with the Ash Quote.

I'm not entirely sure how it /should/ sound. I'll do a few more takes. See if there's something I can improve on.

And also.. the Smeagol Voice, actually was after I had attempted 30 different recordings and I couldn't make anything stick so I just did that xD

My greatest suggestion is for you to simply slow down. Some parts you read with good pacing, the other parts speed up and you drop a consonant or two, just like me. Take your time, speak the words with very clear annunciation and you will be fine. I am sure your natural accent also lends to your pronunciation, but with practice you can force through that.

I think what I may do is record that line myself and link it to you, so you know how it is meant to be said. It’s hard to explain tonality and pace in text format!

Edited by SilverBones

• 2 weeks later...

I am the other Rhino.

I feel no need to burden the watcher with words. I am brief, and my trail is bloody.

I give my foes hell, and I give them Hek.

Nothing can stop me.

I rush to meet the tide, and my crash resounds greater than the screams of the broken waves.

I need no horn on my head; It hangs where it matters, in all its sharpened glory.

I show no restraint. I am the unstoppable force. And there is no immovable object.

I am the other Rhino.