Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustable Mod Levels

Bones76

If all mods were to have adjustable levels, it would help us manage the ever growing amount. Of course we still would have to fuse them in order to get to the highest level. We should have the ability to alter the level of the mod manually. These settings could then be stored per frame/weapon.

- It would be a great way to be able to use ALL of your Frame's/Weapon's mod points as you see fit.

- It would improve modding low-level frames/weapons; just lower the level of the mods and adjust them when you level up.

- It would be a great feature for fine-tuning multiple builds

- You could also implement a function on mod fusion, that whenever you level up a mod and it exceeds the capacity of other weapons/warframes, it automatically sets the amount of the mod to the maximum allowed. (Thanks Agua!)

- There shouldn't be a cost for rescaling mods. The cost of leveling them in the forst place is enough.

mod.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Bones76

Yeah... I would definitely like to be able to alter the level. It would be even better if we could see the stats for the weapon/frame change on the same UI screen instead of having to exit, look at the main menu, memorize what it was and re-enter then mess around again.

Edited by Naith

To be honest. I got of normal mods already of every ranked an copy. And for most weapon mods I have of every rank and doubles because the sentinel weapons. However, I understand that this is about rare mods. But ifrst of all I would say that is actually really nice that we can (un)equip any mod in any weapon (I mean to all your weapons) and that this doesn't take anything like a skill reset book in most other games. Actually it is like learning skills and improving skills, yet you equip the skill rather than the skill and its strength are bound to the weapon. Also, if you make several mod ranks, combining them toghether for one strong version is less efficient. ( Combining 2 rank 4 vitalty will not result in a rank 5 vitality, cominging 8 rank 2 vitality mods however does)

It would way to easy to  fuse mods since you only need to max them at once and then you can just scale with the level?

The challenge in improving yoru mods was to consider strong mods and 'sacrifices' of mods. it will take only 1024 redirection mods to max this one. While I have several copies of rank 8 rederection which I cannot use efficiently for fusion ( combing two rank 8 rederictions wont give me a rank 9 redirection, but the rank 4 rederections I put in it would have)

For that, I am pretty sure that I could make easly 3 times a maxed Redirection mod.

This makes it way to easy because no one has to think anymore about the polarized slots rounding up just for that odd amount of module costs when you want to max rank a mod (Mods that have an odd number at max rank will be considered left even because polarity rounds this up,)

Also you will save up a lot of moduels and fusion cores, Which make it eaven easier to fuse the other mods because you save more than 50% of your normal input by not seperately leveling up mods.

sorry just read your post a little bit beter. Good idea indeed. But perhaps not on maxed out mods. just make them register of which levels you have a copy and then allow you to - and + which one is used.

Edited by AlmightyT0T

sorry just read your post a little bit beter. Good idea indeed. But perhaps not on maxed out mods. just make them register of which levels you have a copy and then allow you to - and + which one is used.

That's even better. :) Post edited.

*clip*

That would defeat the point, which is to make it so people don't have to rank up one mod several times to different levels to fit their various weapons and frames. Once you have a mod to max rank, you can change the level of it used on each individual piece of equipment.

EDIT: Ah, my bad, I made the same mistake you made before you edited your post. Sorry.

Edited by nintega

DE please!!!

This would definitely make game more enjoyable, since I would finally max a lot of mods that I don't. If you do this please also implement a function on mod fusion that whenever you level up a mod and it exceeds the capacity of other weapons/warframes, it automatically sets the ammount of the mod to the maximum allowed.

DE please!!!

This would definitely make game more enjoyable, since I would finally max a lot of mods that I don't. If you do this please also implement a function on mod fusion that whenever you level up a mod and it exceeds the capacity of other weapons/warframes, it automatically sets the ammount of the mod to the maximum allowed.

Didn't even think of that.. This would be very nice indeed, better than the "auto-resolve" thing.

I very much want this, it's annoying having to have or having to farm new mods to have at differing fusion levels to fit different builds.

If DE think this is too easy, make it a credit sink. Make it so that you have to pay credits every time you go up or down fusion levels to prevent people from doing it willy nilly.

Nevertheless, we need this.

Didn't even think of that.. This would be very nice indeed, better than the "auto-resolve" thing.

Certailny, They should actually pot some option to select 'UN EQUIP THIS MOD IN ALL WARFRAMES/ WEAPONS' because I don 't want to go to all these warframes, then unequip all mods because I don 't know which one is in which warframe. And then finally to upgrade that single piece of SH#T. And after that I can re-equip my stuff again with either the new mod or the lower versions.

Also, since they don't display duplicates. It would be nice to display "Sentinel weapon equiped" so that you don 't hear it when you want to leave your arsenal, which means you have to remoddel. And this over and over because people make mistakes since you can't see wheter it is already equiped by sentinel or your weapon.

Does anyone notice that there are a lot of founders that +1 this idea. And most of them are Master and above ? Let's thump this thing up ^^

Btw, you could also add in your topic that several rankings of the same mod are randomly listed when modding. For example: If I have multiple ammo drum ranked mods, ( like rank 2,3,4, .... 7) I se my rank 3 version, then 4,2,7,5,6,3 which is not really convenient since it is with all other mods either. So even though they 'masked' the doubles, it is still hide and seek to get the correct rank version. Since new/format weapons can't contain your max ranked mod

Edited by AlmightyT0T

Does anyone notice that there are a lot of founders that +1 this idea. And most of them are Master and above ? Let's thump this thing up ^^

Btw, you could also add in your topic that several rankings of the same mod are randomly listed when modding. For example: If I have multiple ammo drum ranked mods, ( like rank 2,3,4, .... 7) I se my rank 3 version, then 4,2,7,5,6,3 which is not really convenient since it is with all other mods either. So even though they 'masked' the doubles, it is still hide and seek to get the correct rank version. Since new/format weapons can't contain your max ranked mod

Being a founder shouldn't mean that your opinion is more important.

The bigger issue is that this is a genuine flaw in the system that hinders multiple builds, which are encouraged.

Also it irks me that when mentioned in livestream, DE stated that if implemented it would revert your fusion level permanently. Meaning if you had a Rare 10, and underclocked it to rare 9. You would have to gather a load more fusion cores and credits to get it back up to 10 again....

Being a founder shouldn't mean that your opinion is more important.

The bigger issue is that this is a genuine flaw in the system that hinders multiple builds, which are encouraged.

Also it irks me that when mentioned in livestream, DE stated that if implemented it would revert your fusion level permanently. Meaning if you had a Rare 10, and underclocked it to rare 9. You would have to gather a load more fusion cores and credits to get it back up to 10 again....

I agree that the opinion of a founder isn't more important. But if a lot of Masters vote +1, that will be effective in possibl future polls about this subject.