Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn 2.0 - You Are My Poison

Phoenix86

Hi all fellow Tennos,

this is my 4th rework and today i wanna "talk" about Saryn;

before moving forward i'd like to say that Saryn is not a weak frame but surely could use some improvements and this is what you are going to read, nothing radical but still some nice needed changes to Venom and Contagion:

Venom:

The problem with Venom is its utterly complicated method of "activation" therefore i'll propose this simpler way to use it:

Saryn injects an high quantity of her poison into the enemy debilitating it till death; upon death the target releases its desease in a small area around him, chaining to whoever is near enough.

- DoT dmg will remain the same as now which is, accordingly to wiki: 60 poison dmg/sec for 15 sec on max level;

- On death the target will release a cloud of desease (similar to Infested Toxic Ancients) which will stay for 5 seconds and have the same range and dmg as now: 100 direct poison dmg (no DoT) in a 16m AoE radius on max level;

Molt:

Fine as it is i suppose... cant really ask anything different from a simple Decoy.

Contagion:

Contagion is another skill that "used to be crap", in order to make it valuable here it is what i propose:

Saryn imbues her skin and melee weapon with a highly toxic poison, everything that comes near or gets touched will suffer unspeakable pains

- Melee dmg buff increaseed from 75% to 100% on max level;

- Adds a small poison aura around Saryn that will stagger any enemy that comes into melee range (3m);

- This aura also deals 15-30-45-60 poison DoT dmg to whoever gets staggered, 2-3-4-5 secs depending on skill's rank;

Miasma:

Fine as it is, actually one of the strongest Ultis in the game, doesnt need anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions, questions and constructive criticisms are welcome as always.

Read more of my reworks at:

Banshee 2.0 - On the Beat

Ember 2.0 - A new Hope

Frost 2.0 - Winter is Coming

PhoeniX

edit: typos

Edited by Phoenix86

They should switch what venom and contagion do. Always seemed like venom would be what contagion is and vice versa

yup names are kinda interchangeable, but i'd like to know what you (anyone) think about those small reworks

and if they could be "a nice change" for Saryn

Edited by Phoenix86

Venom could definitely use a buff...after the massive nerf it's just weak. Sure, it kills lvl 40 grineer but it takes too long. Being able to spread spores on already affected enemies like it was before would be amazing. There have been so many good suggestions to keep old Venom and reduce the fps drops that would occur if too many spores are active.

Wait... 

- On death the target will release a cloud of desease (similar to Infested Toxic Ancients) which will stay for 5 seconds and have the same range and dmg as now: 100 direct poison dmg (no DoT) in a 16m AoE radius on max level;

Enemy affected by Venom dies and uppon its death it releases a venoumous cloud in a 16 meter range?

Don't you think 16 meters for a single enemy is a bit too much?

Edited by _Sokol_

yup names are kinda interchangeable, but i'd like to know what you (anyone) think about those small reworks

and if they could be "a nice change" for Saryn

I don't saryn that much, but I do like you're reworks. Only 1 venom Q, what if the target doesn't die to the poison, or just doesn't die at all?

I don't saryn that much, but I do like you're reworks. Only 1 venom Q, what if the target doesn't die to the poison, or just doesn't die at all?

It doesnt matter if it dies because of Venom or because of guns, it will still pop the poison cloud,

obviously if duration runs out and target is still alive nothing would happen

Edited by Phoenix86

Considering I main Saryn, I completely disagree with this. Saryn is probably the only frame that is properly balanced, and extremely powerful when played correctly, Contagion doesn't need a buff...that's her best move, anyone who has played with me can vouch that I completely devastate with Saryn, regardless of mob level. (She and Excalibur are my two frames of choice for mobs over level 200.)

The Contagion idea isn't bad but going into melee range is often suicidal right now without a form of Knockdown\Stagger resistance. The staggering effect you propose could help solve this but 3m might be too short. I suppose it does make it quite similar to Ember's Overheat but it's pretty much needed considering how melee works at the moment.

As for Venom- I'll be honest, I would rather see it returned to its previous form with fixes made to its effect on performance. It was one of the most fun skills in the game- potentially very powerful but requiring player interaction and a good setup. If it's considered too powerful for the 1st skill slot then it could swap places with Molt and have its energy costs increased. Your suggestion isn't bad but ultimately doesn't have much utility and would rarely be used against higher level enemies.

And Molt needs better durability. I've seen various suggestions for getting it (unfortunately I can't remember the names of the people who made them) such as having it scale with Saryn's own shields and HP, giving it a few seconds of invincibility when it's about to disappear and a few others. Basically prevent it from being destroyed immediately at higher levels.

Considering I main Saryn, I completely disagree with this. Saryn is probably the only frame that is properly balanced, and extremely powerful when played correctly, Contagion doesn't need a buff...that's her best move, anyone who has played with me can vouch that I completely devastate with Saryn, regardless of mob level. (She and Excalibur are my two frames of choice for mobs over level 200.)

Considering many times i've seen ppl asking for buffs and you say that it is not needed shall you enlight us about how Contagion is fine and it's her best move? Cause i'm pretty sure Miasma is her best one...

Considering many times i've seen ppl asking for buffs and you say that it is not needed shall you enlight us about how Contagion is fine and it's her best move? Cause i'm pretty sure Miasma is her best one...

Against higher level mobs, Contagion far outshines Miasma.  Miasma works best as a CC and AoE stun, while you clean up with contagion.  Miasmas burst stuns for 5 seconds.  With a max focus and at max rank, contagion adds 127.5% bonus melee damage.  I prefer to use a glaive with contagion, and hit roughly 3k against multiple enemies, at range, between shots of fire from my rifle.  Molt is great for turning heads for a second of breath, and if placed tactically, can distract enemies for a long time regardless of their level.  Saryn doesn't need any sort of buffs, changes or nerfs, you just need to work on your strategy when playing her.  Actually, one addendum.  Venom's current mechanics are fine, but the damage needs to be scaled up to what it was before DE nerf'd it.

Edited by DragonDance

Against higher level mobs, Contagion far outshines Miasma.  Miasma works best as a CC and AoE stun, while you clean up with contagion.  Miasmas burst stuns for 5 seconds.  With a max focus and at max rank, contagion adds 127.5% bonus melee damage.  I prefer to use a glaive with contagion, and hit roughly 3k against multiple enemies, at range, between shots of fire from my rifle.  Molt is great for turning heads for a second of breath, and if placed tactically, can distract enemies for a long time regardless of their level.  Saryn doesn't need any sort of buffs, changes or nerfs, you just need to work on your strategy when playing her.  Actually, one addendum.  Venom's current mechanics are fine, but the damage needs to be scaled up to what it was before DE nerf'd it.

Afaik 30% of 75% is 22,5% so Contagion would add 97.5% dmg... unless wiki is wrong it cant be 127.5% dmg boost, i'm confused

Thanks for confirming that it works with Glaive, it was 1 thing i wanted to test out

your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad..... venom is so strong raping everything(it stack ehm), molt is meh can save you for 1 or 2 seconds so ok i gues, contation need to be team buff (rhino roar), miasma is good panic or  O SHIAAAAT BASTILE ISNT WORKING AGAIN FOR SOME WEIRD REASON stun. only thing is that contation should be a aoe buff. so saryn is very very stronK

Afaik 30% of 75% is 22,5% so Contagion would add 97.5% dmg... unless wiki is wrong it cant be 127.5% dmg boost, i'm confused

Thanks for confirming that it works with Glaive, it was 1 thing i wanted to test out

Yeah, I keep forgetting that contagion got nerf'd with U10.3 or so.

your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad..... venom is so strong raping everything(it stack ehm), molt is meh can save you for 1 or 2 seconds so ok i gues, contation need to be team buff (rhino roar), miasma is good panic or  O SHIAAAAT BASTILE ISNT WORKING AGAIN FOR SOME WEIRD REASON stun. only thing is that contation should be a aoe buff. so saryn is very very stronK

Member Since 14 Apr 2013

Online Last Active Today, 04:02 PM

I dont know if feeling honored of being your reason for your first post ever or...

Member Since 14 Apr 2013

Online Last Active Today, 04:02 PM

I dont know if feeling honored of being your reason for your first post ever or...

thats it? you have nothing to say to support your bad ideas, only point to that thing which is irrelevant? you clearly did not play saryn alot cuz you do not know what havoc venom does to hilvl mobs and how easy is to activate it....yea your account is one day older you win... and if you wondering why i did post first time ever on your post because i did not seen worst post to date, and i would not be suprised if all of your 4956 posts was so ""undercooked"" like this one.

Edited by Raidenko

The Glaive is one of the only 2 melee weapons that work from afar, it's the exception rather then the norm. The idea is to make it viable for actual melee range weapons as well. The problem with Molt is as you said- it can only turn heads for a second before it's destroyed, it should be more useful than that. And what changed about Venom is the mechanics, not the damage. It used to scale well because the spores could stack, now they no longer do making Venom pretty useless.

When was the last time you actually played Saryn? Venom was nerfed in Update 9.7 or 9.8. With the spores no longer stacking it lost all of its effectiveness.

Here's my changelog, nothing groundbreaking.

Venom.

-Renamed to Contagion to better reflect its functionality.

-Duration reduced to 6 seconds, damage increased to compensate.

-Now spreads without a damaging explosion when the target dies, instead of exploding when the bubbles are shot.

Shorter duration better fits the average time an enemy remains alive.

Switching the spreading mechanic to on death removes the unnecessary complexity attached to utilising the effect.

Contagion.

-Renamed to Envenom to better reflect its functionality.

-Duration extended, damage bonus reduced slightly.

-Now affects the entire team.

-Saryn is now immune to stagger while casting.

Extended duration allows Saryn to fight enemies without losing the bonus in the middle of an encounter.

Team-wide effect provides additional utility, and allows the effect to synergize with warframes better suited for melee combat.

Edited by Naqel

The Glaive is one of the only 2 melee weapons that work from afar, it's the exception rather then the norm. The idea is to make it viable for actual melee range weapons as well. The problem with Molt is as you said- it can only turn heads for a second before it's destroyed, it should be more useful than that. And what changed about Venom is the mechanics, not the damage. It used to scale well because the spores could stack, now they no longer do making Venom pretty useless.

When was the last time you actually played Saryn? Venom was nerfed in Update 9.7 or 9.8. With the spores no longer stacking it lost all of its effectiveness.

Venom does not bypass shields, however it may be cast on a target multiple times..

you just need to do not destroy all of spores you need keep at least on on the each mob since it is a bug that it just stops doing damage, this is not a problem because everything dies before that (when you stack a crap load, i was just on the server and did try that...),.... actually i will not tell you how to do that death combo you do not deserve it

Edited by Raidenko

Since you absolutely love Saryn's Contagion, you might wanna take a look at this (or correct me if I am wrong with numbers) :

Mathematical explanation : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/125195-saryn-is-there-hope-for-you/page-2#entry1484483

Actual gameplay confirmation screenshots : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/125195-saryn-is-there-hope-for-you/page-2#entry1484884

Venom does not bypass shields, however it may be cast on a target multiple times..

you just need to do not destroy all of spores you need keep at least on on the each mob since it is a bug that it just stops doing damage, this is not a problem because everything dies before that (when you stack a crap load, i was just on the server and did try that...),.... actually i will not tell you how to do that death combo you do not deserve it

...Just stop. Please. Even if only for the fact that what you're typing is almost incomprehensible because of your grasp (or lack thereof) on the English language - which it isn't, because you clearly don't have a handle on Saryn or the changes made to her.