Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Prime Concept - Updated

TwonkeyKong

I thought about an Volt Prime Concept and after drawing and sketching I draw this on my computer. ^^

volt_pime_concept_by_chubbyscurrymctoast

http://chubbyscurrymctoastk.deviantart.com/art/Volt-Pime-Concept-412152793

for those how are interested here are the original sketches

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/308/0/e/untitled_by_chubbyscurrymctoastk-d6t1ivu.jpg

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/308/5/2/untitled_by_chubbyscurrymctoastk-d6t1kek.jpg

more detailed pics and some from his back are still in progress...

Hope you guys enjoy it

and sry for my bad english, it´s not my main language.

Oh and please tell me if some pics don´t work (and which one)

18.12.2013 Edit:

So here is the more detailed Helm

hope you like it ^^

the sketch

volt_prime_alternate_helmet_by_chubbyscu

http://chubbyscurrymctoastk.deviantart.com/art/Volt-Prime-Alternate-Helmet-420604078

and a colored Quik-Drawing

volt_prime_alternate_helmet_concept__qui

http://chubbyscurrymctoastk.deviantart.com/art/Volt-Prime-Alternate-Helmet-Concept-Quik-Drawing-420605070

25.01.2014 Edit:

until now only a sketch

volt_pime__complete_body_sketch__by_chub

http://chubbyscurrymctoastk.deviantart.com/art/Volt-Pime-complete-Body-sketch-429385407

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing

really good, I would totally build that.

Wow, looking good dude.

Edit - All that I can suggest was maybe making the helmet a little more detailed, it kinda fades away by the cool body, but other wise it's really neat, great job.

I like it myself, like the simplicty.

The things on the back need to go. They would clip and interfere with weapons when you draw them or put them away. If it hasn't been noted, stuff sprouting from or going toward the back  too much on warframes. The best instance I can think of right now is Saryn's collar things as so far as I know they're the biggest things that sweep toward the back of a warframe to date. I may be wrong.

I love the concept art, however ALL I CAN SEE is a smile in the middle of his chest.

lol, whats been seen cannot be unseen.

I didn't notice the smile until I scrolled back up. And now I can't unsee either.

That said, awesome Prime concept for an awesome 'frame.

• 1 month later...

Volt Prime needs to be next. They've been doing the elementals, it seems like, so that's not too much to ask. This isn't the only Volt Prime concept I've seen, but it is one of the best, if not outright best.

His helmet doesn't look all that Orokin, though, so I'd suggest some extra flare and bling up there, lol. And you can't go wrong by steering it a little further away from his default, long-faced look (the one thing about him I don't like. I always use the Storm helmet. It's schmexy).

This is design is ok. It would've been very well-designed if not for the helm. Everything but the helm has alot of impact but the helm looks plain and out of place from how much impact the rest of the body gives. The eyes are naturally drawn towards the body and those half rings behind the head. But upon noticing those we of course notice the helm, and then it seems and feels a little off.

Edited by VoidWraith

Firstly I'd say reduce the size of the halo-wing thing. It's badass, but there's a lot of it. The main issue I, and others, have is with the helmet.

You need to deviate a little from the original helmet design a tad more. Maybe it's what stuff frames his face, or goes on top of his head, or maybe you need to tweak his face design. Maybe it needs dangly bits. That's up to you. I just think you need some inspiration

Original Volt + Alt Helms

250px-Volt.jpg

VoltStormHelm.png

VoltSeries3Helmet.png

aaaaaand here's several pictures of various helmets to spark some imagination. Try to keep true to Volt's theme. I don't own these pics.

171px-Dark_Crest_Set_%28View_1%29.png

150740859_thor-movie---thor-helmet-adult

Teutonic_knight_by_Ronin222.jpg

larp-black-ice-armour-metal-helmet-%5B3%

dragon-knight-helm.jpg

lann-nighthawk5.jpg

GreekCorinthianDarkHelmet.jpg

Maybe these pics show you exactly what you want, leading to the perfect helmet. Or maybe they show you exactly what you don't want, leading you in the opposite direction... to the perfect helmet.

Good luck mang, this is looking really good. DE should be looking in here.

Firstly I'd say reduce the size of the halo-wing thing. It's badass, but there's a lot of it. The main issue I, and others, have is with the helmet.

You need to deviate a little from the original helmet design a tad more. Maybe it's what stuff frames his face, or goes on top of his head, or maybe you need to tweak his face design. Maybe it needs dangly bits. That's up to you. I just think you need some inspiration

Original Volt + Alt Helms

250px-Volt.jpg

VoltStormHelm.png

VoltSeries3Helmet.png

aaaaaand here's several pictures of various helmets to spark some imagination. Try to keep true to Volt's theme. I don't own these pics.

171px-Dark_Crest_Set_%28View_1%29.png

150740859_thor-movie---thor-helmet-adult

Teutonic_knight_by_Ronin222.jpg

larp-black-ice-armour-metal-helmet-%5B3%

dragon-knight-helm.jpg

lann-nighthawk5.jpg

GreekCorinthianDarkHelmet.jpg

Maybe these pics show you exactly what you want, leading to the perfect helmet. Or maybe they show you exactly what you don't want, leading you in the opposite direction... to the perfect helmet.

Good luck mang, this is looking really good. DE should be looking in here.

thanks man :D

these helmets are not exactly what what i thougt first, but these are a good source of inspiration ... ^^

That is fantastic, well done

thanks ^^

it´s not easy than most people think to make a prime-helm

and last weeks there was not so much time left (cause school -.-)

next i will rework his full body to make it more detailed and more orokin-styled ;D

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing