Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K, So De Really Thought Corpus Would Win

Brimir

Because they just threw all the results of the recent event out the window.

1471924_601785813214274_1625537163_n.jpg

"Yeah so you know how the Grineer supposedly won... and that was supposed to save all the Tenno.... yeah that didn't happen. You see, we had sorta written the story based on Corpus victory. So those Tenno you supposedly saved? Yeah sorry, you didn't save them. Corpus actually got to them, despite the event (and forum posts from Lotus) stating otherwise..."

Bullhonkey. I'm one of the few players who didn't pick Grineer because of Team Greed but rather for story and lore reasons.

DE, I R disappoint. Most disappoint.

Edited by Brimir

The Solar System is a big place. We fought on Mars. Who is to say the Corpus didn't manage to sneak certain things past us. Who is to say that the Tenno used in the Zanuka Project are the ones from Mars? For all we know they could have been from all over the place before the event even started. Stating that things turned out the way they did because the Devs tossed something out the window is shortsighted. For all we know there could be lasting repercussions we have not seen yet.

The Solar System is a big place. We fought on Mars. Who is to say the Corpus didn't manage to sneak certain things past us. Who is to say that the Tenno used in the Zanuka Project are the ones from Mars?

Have you checked the Warframe facebook page recently?

Yeah but.. If DE wanted Corpus to win, why the advantageous battle pay reward to the Grineers? 

The freaking fact that the story was obviously written with Corpus victory in mind. When that didn't happen, they made up some BS reason in order to be able to use that story anyway - rather than respecting the players' choice and rework the story based on event results.

Edited by Brimir

Yeah but.. If DE wanted Corpus to win, why the advantageous battle pay reward to the Grineers? 

they wanted a good event where the grineer give better loot at the begining then in the midle both rewards would be equal and at the end corpus would give better ones but the bigger clans just Fd it up on the firs day

Some of  us are not online long enough to see all threads and all things, or even Facebook posts.

Protip: don't just read thread titles, but also the content, in the future.

A more pro tip : give us link to the source, so we can directly see which posts are you refering too. And don't be such a $&*^.

Personally, I never expected we would stop the Zanuka project in anyways, but rather delay it (which we kinda did according to the post). It's safe to say that Corpus captured Tenno before, and still does (also pointed out in that Facebook message, saying how they need to increase leverage to capture more live specimens). We aren't invincible people who can never be defeated after all. The Tenno on Sedna were quite numerous so it would have helped speed up the Zanuka project

Facebook post I'm talking about: https://www.facebook.com/PlayWarframe?fref=ts

However, I AM disappointed because of one thing: they did manage to capture some of those from the cryostasis crowd near Sedna. If Alad's message said that they manage to start full production, though with quite some pain and additional effort due to the Gradivus Dilemma, by capturing other Tenno and using some that they had already taken prior to the event, I would have been okay with that. The fact that they still managed to take some from those we tried to save is a bit of a bummer.

Edited by Casardis

The freaking fact that the story was obviously written with Corpus victory in mind. When that didn't happen, they made up some BS reason in order to be able to use that story anyway - rather than respecting the players' choice and rework the story based on event results.

You ignore the second half of my post entirely. Not to mention that I don't see a fact. I see an opinion. I see no evidence that what you say is fact. All I see is someone connecting invisible dots with invisible strings. Like I said, for all we know this could have been planned from the start. We simply don't know, and we should stop pretending to know.

It's my opinion that what you say is not the case. It is your opinion that it is. That is all this discussion is: opinion throwing.

Personally, I never expected we would stop the Zanuka project in anyways, but rather delay it (which we kinda did according to the post). It's safe to say that Corpus captured Tenno before, and still does (also pointed out in that Facebook message, saying how they need to increase leverage to capture more live specimens). We aren't invincible people who can never be defeated after all. The Tenno on Sedna were quite numerous so it would have helped speed up the Zanuka project

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/PlayWarframe?fref=ts

However, I AM disappointed because of one thing: they did manage to capture some of those from the cryostasis crowd near Sedna. If Alad's message said that they manage to start full production, though with quite some pain and additional effort due to the Gradivus Dilemma, by capturing other Tenno and using some that they had already taken prior to the event, I would have been okay with that. The fact that they still managed to take some from those we tried to save is a bit of a bummer.

Everything Casardis has said. It may not necessarily be fact, but it is definitely an opinion. More than that, it is an opinion that understands the Tenno are not undefeatable. We aren't perfect, and we aren't all-seeing gods. Things will slip by us.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Wow........I don't think I've seen lore tossed away so casually like that.

Basically this is how the Gradivus event really ended in the eyes of DE: Alad STILL got enough Tenno for his project and the Grineer still expand into Mars, thus rendering whatever effort supporters of either side put in (sort of) moot.

Updated the original post with proof.

Thank you.

I interpret the message from Alad that the Zanuka Project isn't started as expected, yet they have salavaged enough Tenno and their Warframes to begin the project. He even said that there is a funding withdrawal. If the Zanuka Project is really successful, why they withdraw their funding?

Edited by XTenno

Wow........I don't think I've seen lore tossed away so casually like that.

Basically this is how the Gradivus event really ended in the eyes of DE: Alad STILL got enough Tenno for his project and the Grineer still expand into Mars, thus rendering whatever effort supporters of either side put in (sort of) moot.

Not to mention that lore-wise, the Tenno got twice screwed:

They helped the Grineer expand, and didn't stop Alad V.

Lose-lose.

You know this is not always about rewards?

Then why give us rewards for the events? 

they wanted a good event where the grineer give better loot at the begining then in the midle both rewards would be equal and at the end corpus would give better ones but the bigger clans just Fd it up on the firs day

Yup but again, if DE wanted Corpus to win, it should be better rewards for the Corpus at the start, then the Grineer at the end. 

Not to mention that lore-wise, the Tenno got twice screwed:

They helped the Grineer expand, and didn't stop Alad V.

Lose-lose.

The headaches only multiply when you realize that the in-game lore about Gradivus says we saved the Tenno AND slowed Grineer expansion........

I think this is the most sensible way to look at things:

1. Alad finds Tenno somewhere else and manages to kick start the Zanuka project anyway

2. The Grineer expand into Mars

3. Only the Tenno cache at Sedna was rescued

4. Tenno kind of lose both ways (though not as badly as it looks), I mean sure the Grineer have expanded their empire and the Corpus have now successfully integrated warframe tech into their robots. But hey, the Tenno at Sedna are saved

So.........basically everyone is now on even footing regardless of how the event ends, thus rendering our efforts more or less pointless.

I knew there was a reason the lore (or lack of it) in Warframe failed to immerse me as much as it could

Edited by Ravyel

That's really disappointing to see this outcome. As another said, this was a lose-lose situation. I guess the only advantage was battlepay, and the actual events that took place didn't matter anyway. I sided with the Corpus for the time being, but I can respect that the players supporting the Grineer won and as such that should be reflected rather than excused away. Glad I didn't support Grineer though, that would have been a lot of work for nothing in the end.

Well this wasn't news exactly, I don't know anyone on the Grineer side who seriously thought they could save the fellow Tenno. They kind of did thanks to some logs but they kind of didn't because of the newest log. Confusing right? I agree. There must have been some thinking that DE is able to execute a real consequence the event would supposedly have but we are not quite there yet.