Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beserker Design: An Informal Appology... Except One Little Thing.

Yg-Dosst

So a while back I started up a rather conflict-oriented thread based on the appearance of the Beserker.

Now the Work-In-Progress Models are out, and I would like to apologize, to Mynki and the rest of DE.

The appearance is almost exactly the same, minus the Digitigrade legs.

(Skeleton and animation issues I'm sure.)

I was greatly looking forward to that, but unfortunately if it can't happen it can't happen.

BerserkerPreview01_zpsdebe9bce.jpgBerserkerPreview02_zps96ce4aaa.jpg

The Warframe is looking amazing, I love the "peeled back" look in some parts, and now that I can see angles of it's shape that I could not have before, expecially the head and equipment, and it's definitely looking a lot better then I (pessimistically) expected when I started that one tirade of  a thread.

So I'm sorry.

HOWEVERRRRRRR...

Something is still off...

The arms.

The arms are a little malformed, not in a good 'disected' way.

But malformed and afflicted with Wiggly bone syndrome.

I want to actually try to supply some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism this go around,

So here's what I've noticed.

BerserkerPreview02_zpsa348520e.pngBerserkerPreview02_zps2b28baed.png

The first image is showing an outline of the arms and armpit along with showing the general curve of the arm.

The arms don't really connect to the body properly and the armpit just does not exist.

Also because of the curvature of the arm, it looks like the arm's bone is bending.

And just the same, the forearm looks bloated an not properly connected to the arm.

I'm just messing around at the moment with outlines, but extending that little muscle strip on the back, widening the upper underarm, and thickening the muscle strand that links the forearm to the upper arm would probably fix 'Zerker's wiggly bone syndrome.

As far as the bloated forearm, the corpus equipment looks like it's partially a placeholder at the moment, So I'd recommend the cheap fix of widening it to where it's integrated into the forearm, like it was in the concept art. (the blue box)

But once again I'm sorry for my angry rant and unnecessarily stirring up a lot of emotions.

I'm trying to be a little bit more constructive this time, and I fully recognize the Beserker is currently a work in Progress.

It's just that her arms look a little weird.

Zerker-vs-Napalm.jpg

wiggly-bone-syndrome_20120526042747.jpg

I still feel like I would enjoy the frame more, if the headrest of the neck piece were removed. It looks too silly.

Everything else looks cool, but the headrest just doesn't sit well for some reason. :C

Edited by Sidathe

Berserkers don`t need to have giant muscles to rip people apart.Get your facts right.

Who said anything about giant muscles? The post specifically said "more muscles." Please don't throw a hyperbole on things based on other's bias of a "hulking woman" that I see around.

Having slightly more muscle tone won't hurt her design. In fact it may make it better so that her athletic body build is different from Nyx's (it's about the same right now). From the looks of hit, her torso already matches the "more toned" look quite well. Where it seems a bit odd that didn't follow are the arms, and maybe slightly the legs. It could just use a SLIGHT bump in muscle size.

Unlike what some people may believe, healthy toned muscles are good for both strength and agility (which requires strength in itself). It also helps in balancing your whole weight and control the huge speed/strength you can deliver.

EDIT: Here's the toned athletic build I thought she could have, especially for her arms since, like I said, her torso seems to fit that already.

hmmEuac.jpg?1

Edited by Casardis

I still feel like I would enjoy the frame more, if the headrest of the neck piece were removed. It looks too silly.

Everything else looks cool, but the headrest just doesn't sit well for some reason. :C

The alt helmet option will probably make you happy.  But who knows what that will be.

The alt helmet option will probably make you happy.  But who knows what that will be.

It's connected to the neck so I don't think it'll be removed by an alt helm.

Seeing it as a syandana would be nice, but then making people buy it just to have her look the way she does in the concept art will definitely make people angry.

But not making it optional will also make people angry.

IMO, make it a Syandana Included with the purchase/construction of the Frame.

Berserkers don`t need to have giant muscles to rip people apart.Get your facts right.

Nononono, Let's not get this argument started again please.

It never ends well.

Basically, she's going to need more mass on her upper arm to look right.

But that ONLY because the fact that she completely lacks the muscles that connect the forearm to the inner upper arm, and the muscles that connect and define the shoulder and armpit, as in they are literally missing

She by NO means needs to look like she bench-presses while guzzling protein shakes out of a Beer hat.

Seeing it as a syandana would be nice, but then making people buy it just to have her look the way she does in the concept art will definitely make people angry.

The idea of the Syandana would be a good one I think. Hopefully they don't do the same thing as they did with Nekros.

I know it's part of her design, but both that and the arm boxes really look too awkward with the rest (maybe more so than lobster tail Trinity in some ways).

Oh..so it's Saryn's crazy (hillbilly) cousin from the mountains?

I'll remain skeptical till there's a full frontal.

Ze eyez..I vant tu see zee eyez!!

It DOES look like they re-used part of Saryn's model when they got rid of the Digitigrade legs...

But that's a different story for a different thread. I'll try to keep opinions out of this.

EDIT: I'll TRY. Probably unlikely.

Edited by Yg-Dosst

I agree that she needs a bulkier build, but I don't buy the arm anatomy problems. Firstly, human bones in the limbs are curved, not straight. Second, we're talking about stretching the polygons of a zbrush model...sometimes it's going to look unrealistic compared to a human form, because it's not as complex as a human body, and it's not built from the inside out...it's just a 3D shell.

Nononono, Let's not get this argument started again please.

It never ends well.

Basically, she's going to need more mass on her upper arm to look right.

But that ONLY because the fact that she completely lacks the muscles that connect the forearm to the inner upper arm, and the muscles that connect and define the shoulder and armpit, as in they are literally missing

She by NO means needs to look like she bench-presses while guzzling protein shakes out of a Beer hat.

How about, rather than it being a syandana, it just be another helmet all-together that comes with the frame. 2 Default helms and then the alt(s).

That way we can keep the scarves we spent money on.

I agree that she needs a bulkier build, but I don't buy the arm anatomy problems. Firstly, human bones in the limbs are curved, not straight. Second, we're talking about stretching the polygons of a zbrush model...sometimes it's going to look unrealistic compared to a human form, because it's not as complex as a human body, and it's not built from the inside out...it's just a 3D shell.

Well of course, realism for the sake of realism is usually a bad idea.

But the point is that the joints look disconnected.

And while the upper arm bone does have a "Slight" outwards curve, the muscular system put on top of it more or less appears to be a straight line/tube