November 15Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

The Profit Trailer

Yesterday the full Cinematic trailer for PS4 was launched! We’ve seen many questions in regards to certain aspects of the trailer. Yes, we goofed on the Soma animation and Volt’s melee weapon is still in discussion. Now that the Trailer is finished, the Animation team is full steam ahead! Lots of work is going into the Berserker themed frame, boss fights, a new enemy type, and melee animations.

Volt

According to a lot of players, Volt is remains below average. His first ability Shock is weak compared to most others (Nekros, Rhino, Nova, etc); Electric Shield only protects you from a certain angle, Overload only dealing a little more damage than Ember’s Fireball, with Speed being the only useful ability. With the Armor System being reworked, players are hoping Electric Damage will be on par with other elements. The importance and dedication to getting all Warframe’s as viable choices is ongoing, Volt is considered a frame that needs the most love right now.

Lanka

In comparison to the Vectis, the Lanka doesn’t feel like the superior weapon its Mastery ranking implies. With the Lanka having a mastery rank of 7 and Vectis with mastery rank 3, it’s presumed to be “better” than the Vectis. But players are finding that Lanka is nowhere near the practicality of the Vectis. Some solutions that players have proposed are moving Vectis to mastery rank 7, faster projectile speed and charge speed of Lanka, and removing the blinding blue glow of the Lanka. This weapon feedback has been forwarded to dev.

Update 11

The Devs spoke in great detail about U11 on Friday’s Livestream, including details on Trading, Codex, new weapons, new bosses, an event to kick off U11, and more! Here is the YouTube video:

PS4 Welcome/Forum Reorganization

Friday, Nov15th marks the launch of PS4 in North America. Warframe is a day 1 launch title on PS4! If you’ve been part of our forums for a while, you’ll probably notice some organizational changes! We have restructured the Forums to be more compact overall as well as made new sections for the PS4 crowd! We are excited for all Tenno to be united and grow together. Please continue to give us feedback so we can accommodate our fellow Tenno!

Dojo

Star Maps, Armory and Cryopods are just some reoccurring ideas for the Dojo.  New rooms and areas are being added to the Dojo and have great potential for expansion. Once everything has been built in the Dojo, there needs to be a purpose to want to “hang out”. With the plan of Trading being in the Dojo, this makes room for that “purpose” and will allow for more Dojo exposure. We also have stated plans to move the Mastery Rank tests to the dojo to allow for practice and personal challenge.

Lanka

In comparison to the Vectis, the Lanka doesn’t feel like the superior weapon its Mastery ranking implies. With the Lanka having a mastery rank of 7 and Vectis with mastery rank 3, it’s presumed to be “better” than the Vectis. But players are finding that Lanka is nowhere near the practicality of the Vectis. Some solutions that players have proposed are moving Vectis to mastery rank 7, faster projectile speed and charge speed of Lanka, and removing the blinding blue glow of the Lanka. This weapon feedback has been forwarded to dev.

Ideally, I feel, mastery rank shouldn't "imply" superiority. If anything, it should imply that the weapon in question is harder to use, and therefore more befitting of a master.

Volt

According to a lot of players, Volt is remains below average. His first ability Shock is weak compared to most others (Nekros, Rhino, Nova, etc); Electric Shield only protects you from a certain angle, Overload only dealing a little more damage than Ember’s Fireball, with Speed being the only useful ability. With the Armor System being reworked, players are hoping Electric Damage will be on par with other elements. The importance and dedication to getting all Warframe’s as viable choices is ongoing, Volt is considered a frame that needs the most love right now.

yes. volt is very nice frame to play. and yes you can solo 30 mins on Neptune with him. Mostly because of Energy Shield, but this frame is in dire need of love and caring right now.

Edited by Althix

Ideally, I feel, mastery rank shouldn't "imply" superiority. If anything, it should imply that the weapon in question is harder to use, and therefore more befitting of a master.

That is a sound idea, but the concept cannot be applied to Warframe since most players would rather choose the easiest, effective weapons.

Lanka

This pleases me greatly. Let us know of any future updates. Many thanks, [DE]Megan.

i still dont understand why primes are not better than normal weapons the time to farm parts and rare resource to build i personally think it should be lot better than non prime versions and same applies to clan research weapons . right now primes has become only an eye candy in the game.

Making vectis mastery rank 7????? Are you frikin kidding me??? Glutons for punishment. Warframe is dead. Behold nerframe.

That's one of the suggestions among others. I'm sure that they will buff the Lanka instead with trajectory speed for example.

No need to make a hyperbole out of it.

Edited by Casardis

We also have stated plans to move the Mastery Rank tests to the dojo to allow for practice and personal challenge.

I hope more are excited about this than I think. Unfortunately due to the Master test bug from awhile back, I was forced to skipped a good handful of tests and would like to experience them.

That's one of the suggestions among others. I'm sure that they will buff the Lanka instead with trajectory speed for example.

No need to make a hyperbole out of it.

He's super super pro-buff everything. Even though making vectis rank 7 affects nothing about the weapons functionality. I'd prefer they up the mastery, myself.