Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Helmet Idea [Wip]

bejuizb

Hey guys,

So I decided to get back into drawing after nearly a year of not holding a pencil (seriously), and I had an itch to draw a Warframe. So I found an image of Rhino on Google and I started sketching him out, but then I deviated from his looks and decided to attempt and make a Prime helmet for Rhino. This is my interpretation:

06yzJ0V.jpg

I wanted the helmet to convey the personality of Rhino in a few simple lines. I realize that Primes are supposed to be the ultimate form of a Warframe and are supposed to showcase the Warframe's personality and in my opinion, Rhino's personality is aggressive but calm. Hence I tried to make a helmet that depicted a calm facade, yet depicting subtle rage. I feel like I pulled it off, but it is just my opinion. It is still an extremely rough sketch I managed to put together after about 30 minutes of work. I don't have any fancy tools for beautifying it digitally, so it's just a raw scan. I will keep making changes and add to it as I think of something new and cool. 

I'm eager to hear your feedback. All suggestions will help me make this helmet truly Prime!

Hey guys,

So I decided to get back into drawing after nearly a year of not holding a pencil (seriously), and I had an itch to draw a Warframe. So I found an image of Rhino on Google and I started sketching him out, but then I deviated from his looks and decided to attempt and make a Prime helmet for Rhino. This is my interpretation:

06yzJ0V.jpg

I wanted the helmet to convey the personality of Rhino in a few simple lines. I realize that Primes are supposed to be the ultimate form of a Warframe and are supposed to showcase the Warframe's personality and in my opinion, Rhino's personality is aggressive but calm. Hence I tried to make a helmet that depicted a calm facade, yet depicting subtle rage. I feel like I pulled it off, but it is just my opinion. It is still an extremely rough sketch I managed to put together after about 30 minutes of work. I don't have any fancy tools for beautifying it digitally, so it's just a raw scan. I will keep making changes and add to it as I think of something new and cool. 

I'm eager to hear your feedback. All suggestions will help me make this helmet truly Prime!

looks pretty sweet to me, great work =)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It made my day! I forgot to mention something. If you see the back of the helmet, I was trying to integrate the Lotus symbol into his armour plates in some manner. They might not follow lore, but I like they way they look. :P

The flatter top reminds me a lot of Frost's aesthetics though. For the most part, Rhion's helmet is very frontal and elevated, which still fits a bit with the idea/interpretation of Rhino you had.

Other than that, I really like your concept! Good work.

The flatter top reminds me a lot of Frost's aesthetics though. For the most part, Rhion's helmet is very frontal and elevated, which still fits a bit with the idea/interpretation of Rhino you had.

Other than that, I really like your concept! Good work.

Thanks! I did try a style similar to the Thrak Helmet but it wasn't suiting the idea I had in mind. I tried a few more variations (one ended up looking like Excalibur), until I came up with the flat top. It actually isn't flat. It's a crest with an empty bit just like the Thrak Helmet.

So I started some detailing work on parts that I'm happy with, and also started colouring the parts that are either black or gold.

eYCYeNX.jpg

The ugly dark yellowish brown is actually gold pencil. My scanner doesn't like it.

This is just to show the gold parts. Like every prime, Rhino will be a combination of white and gold. The yellow bit are gold, and the colourless bits are white. And yes, I know that the helmet now looks very similar to the Pendragon helmet. I'll be redoing the crest and the top section to make it feel like it belongs on Rhino.

Edited by bejuizb

Would you sculpt this in Z-Brush or other 3-D modelling programs?

I unfortunately don't have neither the time or the skill to make anything like that. Anyone with the software and time is welcome to try it out. I'd be quite pumped about making this a community project. If things go well, we could try to make this the community's first self designed Prime Warframe.

• 2 weeks later...

i've always waited for rhino prime and have taken the liberty to draw some weapons for him (but can't post them for some reason)

the helmet looks awesome but like frost would look better in black

P.S i'm working on galatine prime and hek is open to editing