LATEST WORK

--------------------

Valkyr Remade (almost finiashed)

valkyr_with_custom_tennoblade_by_gaber11

Tremor - Earthframe. Concept v2.0

tremor_version2a_by_gaber111-d8mr572.jpg

Prizak.

The drone warframe.

prizak_technologist_by_gaber111-d8mltna.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the way I work.

I usually work from a sketch, but sometimes I just freestyle in 3d clay such as Sculptris (Free) and ZBrush (Not Free in the slightest). I use Maya for basemeshes and hard objects, and animation purposes and serious rendering.

Both Sculptris and Zbrush do however have competent polypainting tools. And they both allow multiple objects in the same scene and posing. That being said a mix of all is best, with Photoshop beigh my choice for composits and HQ texture work, effects and such.

I love the artdirection of Warframe, just as I love Aliens, Mass Effect, Star Wars, Gears of War for the same reasons.

A concept-junkie to boot I can look at great artwork at Deviant Art for hours.

I am a learner, not a Master, but with everything I do i try to learn and grow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually I will sort and edit this post to get a clear overview of my projects. For now tho it gets divided into Personal Concepts, and Inspired Concepts.

Personal Concepts

CORPUS FACTION

The Corpus Captain.

Bio

To be promoted to command a ship is probably a big career-move and one step closer to being one of the Elite.

Of course the job comes with its fair share of risk, Tenno killers and Grineer boarding parties are ever present.

For this reason a Captain wear a suit both sheilded and armoured. To display the status of Rank, it is embelished with Forma, apropriate given their regard for Wealth and their link to the Orokin.

As for powers, I rather see them as a mix of a VIP and Eximus.

Meaning a Aura boosting speed and health to other units.

Increased prescense of railgun Moas, as well as Techs wich will act as a Guard for the Captain who can allso re-activate (repair) destroyed turrets and activate energy barriers without the need of a console.

The Captain is connected to the Ship and can issue commands via remote access.

Every ship should have one, unless it is damaged or other reasons.

Corpus Templar

Corpus is a Merchant and Machine Cult. They rely heavily on robots and cybernetics in every aspect of their lives, and I suspect their entire Society. And to reflect the Ancient merchant Guilds they resemble, the important members, the Void Squads and so on should need protection. Better then simple proxies can offer.

Since the return of the Tenno, steps were taken. The result was the Corpus Templars.

Heavily cybernetically augmented with Corpus and Warframe tech, they are very fast, agile and shielded. This is as close to a Tenno the Corpus has managed so far.

For this reason there are only a limited number of them. Their very purpose is to even the scales and give the Tenno a fight they are not used to getting from the ranks of Crewmen.

They function as guards or Special Units sent into the Void to hunt for Orokin artefacts, provide bodyguards for members of the Board and so on.

Apprearance

Taken design hints directly from Earths past, they are ment to resemble the Knights Templar, an Order directly connected to gathgering and protection of Wealth, somehing the Corpus regard high. The religious Zeal serves their worship of the powers of the Void and Orokin well.

sculptris_corpus_templar_wip_by_gaber111

How the unit would appear in the game.

templar_screen_concept_by_gaber111-d6lpf

Powers and weaponry

Not sure about this yet. They move similar to Tenno, and utilize similar weaponry and powers. I imagine them making a player feel as if he was fighting another player, in other words much more agile, fast and unpredictable.

A Corpus version of Galatine, Orthos and Rail Gun comes to mind.

Corpus Inquisitor

The Inquisitor is first and foremost a support unit, armed with subduing Powers and means of stunning and shocking his oponents. They go on Raiding parities for Warframes or Orokin Artefacts. They often visit sites of Corpus power, and are a common sight in the Indoctrination Temples.

A primary charge of theirs is Collection, or Recruitment of new members. Sometimes vollentary enlightenment is not enough. Many have lost their freedom at the hands of the Priests and Inquisitors.

They are equipped with collars that drug and subdue its wearer creating mind-numbing pain if disobeyed. They are linked to the Inquisitors gear, a AI hivemind linking the Inquisitor and his flock.

Not seldom are Inquisitors called Shepherds.

Appearance

The suit the Inquisitor wears is filled with tech as well as a limited shield generator. They are more agile then the average Crewman, but they are not a heavy unit and keeps their distance. The design is ment to intimidate rather then be effective armor.

sculptris_inquisitor_wip_by_gaber111-d6l

Weaponry

Grenades that disrupt Tenno energy make them especially dangerous since it prevents a Warframe to use its Powers.

Tesla Gaunlet / Staff.

These weapons send lethal elecricity at the target, either in a wide pattern giving AoE, or concentrated ona single Target.

They do however, have a chance of Critical Damage, wich is Chain Lightning striking up to tree targets.

Corpus Sniper

The sniper really needs to stand out more in my oppinion. As it is now its really hard to tell who they are.

I propose going the Assassin route. Giving them higher movility, a limited Cloaking device and long range, plus Sniper Railgun would make them a formidable threat, and much more fun.

I changed Nef to since he is a sniper as well as a boss. This is ment to be a suggestion as to how a Elite Sniper could look. Suggestions are of course more then welcome here.

corpus_sniper_fanlook1_by_gaber111-d6ij7

An idea for a Cloaked corpus.

corpus_fem_sniper_wip1_by_gaber111-d6ipf

Corpus Engineer

Descripton: Basically a Tech but with a defined role of repair, hackning and so on.

The drone deployment and fast movement is key to this unit.

corpus_engineer_clr01_by_gaber111-d7pnr0

I did this first separate, then descided it suits the Engineer from Corpus shall rise! Thread.

-------------------

- WARFRAMES -

~ Loki Prime ~

Why the horns you say? I wanted to make a connection to the Asgard half-god Loki, and give him a more godlike appearance as a whole.

I did this rather fast and will do more iterations. New concepts on Loki have turned up lately, and I might take a look in that direction.

loki_prime_wip_for_web_by_gaber111-d6q8n

Feedback on this would be great!

~ Lamia ~

Vampiric warframe that is weak unless she kills enemies to bolster her own decreasing health.

i have an angel theme in mind but broken somehow.

The ult would be a tranformed into a furious angel. Played Darksiders ? Then you know what I mean.

~Appearance wip~

Just made this , so expect more angelic type details to be added.

new_warframe_concept_wip_by_gaber111-d7w

Inspired Concepts

Boss concept: Baphomet the Betrayer

This is an awesome concept with great artwork to begin with. It inspired me to start recreating it in 3D.

The general idea is an infested boss, possibly an indested Warframe, who has control over the infested AND has a ridable mount. How awesome is that?

I have done a few iterations and arrived at the conclusion that Tenno or no, I must design him as if he was a playable character model. It makes sense even if he later has been twisted by the virus.

baphomet_textured_wip1_by_gaber111-d6uak

A walking pose, Baphomet holding his infested blade.

baphomet_testpose_by_gaber111-d6tn9ix.jp

This is a work in progress for sure, as I am modelling the body and applying texture. The mount I will get to eventually.

If all goes well I will animate him later on, but my main goal would be to make a diorama like the ones we have in the game before launching a Boss mission.

That would be awesome.

Check out the thread Baphomet for more details.

Boss Concept

The Oracle

Faction: Corpus

Description: A brainwashed Tenno who is now a member of Corpus.

She works in the Temples and wears a suit of corpus and collected Warframe parts.

Unlike other Tenno, her face is visible behind a red visor.

So far the wip has reached the following stage.

corpus_oracle_wip02_render_by_gaber111-d

Edited by arch111

Ok thats it for a start. I have a few concepts I have my eye on, and don´t know what to go for first. But Rhino Prime is on my mind as well as Zephyr and the Oracle.

Time and descisions. Hopefully I can get some free time to do some more work soon.

Comments are welcome, as well as any suggestions you might have.

Take care all!

Ok thats it for a start. I have a few concepts I have my eye on, and don´t know what to go for first. But Rhino Prime is on my mind as well as Zephyr and the Oracle.

Time and descisions. Hopefully I can get some free time to do some more work soon.

Comments are welcome, as well as any suggestions you might have.

Take care all!

Speaking of Rhino Prime, would you mind having a look at my sketch? Here's the link: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/131541-rhino-prime-helmet-idea-wip/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know there are many ideas for a Loki Prime in the forums.

I have made one, but it is based on an alt helmet. And so far Primes are original models.

So I descided to dig up this concept I started a,while ago.

As you see it is the original head underneath. But the Prime gives him a,new look.

loki_prime_dread_helmet_concept_by_gaber

• 2 weeks later...

Now about the heavy, the visuals. One head / arms, amount of visible corpus body left?

Whats interesting is they can look almost any way, like burnt and twisted mass.

I'd be happy to attack this one. Maby take my crewman and go nuts :D

Look forward to more artwork on this.

Now about the heavy, the visuals. One head / arms, amount of visible corpus body left?

Whats interesting is they can look almost any way, like burnt and twisted mass.

I'd be happy to attack this one. Maby take my crewman and go nuts :D

Look forward to more artwork on this.

Actually, the body is a Tech unit's corpse. They're much bigger, so I thought I'd use them for the whole "Heavy" theme.

Ok cool, so it got two heads right? And possibly more arms as well.

Yep. One head come out of where the Tech's actual head is. It split the helmet open and the second one appears from the Tech's right shoulder. There is a bulbous growth from the Tech's back to his left shoulder, which stores the toxic grenades.

This is my recent progress on the Corpus Sniper. Would really love to get community feedback on this one, will work ahead regardless of course, but feedback is allways good to get.

So 3 variants. Small agile helmet, bigger, but still free helmet, and fixated Sniper variant to the common Crewman helmetsetup.

3_corpus_snipers_v4_by_gaber111-d72qinr.

Thoughts?