It’s finally here Tenno, and it’s time to learn your ABC’s of Trading!
What can we trade?
1) MODS. All Mods in your inventory are eligible for trade. There is no Rarity restriction (you can trade a Rare for an Uncommon). Mods that you have equipped on items will display a blue icon on the bottom right corner of the Mod. These are eligible for trade as well, but you will be notified that the mod will be taken off the equipped item(s). Exception: You may not trade away Ability/Precept mods for any Warframe/Sentinel you own, unless you have duplicates of the Ability mod. This is similar to the rules in place for selling Ability mods. You may trade an equipped Ability mod if you have duplicates, so be sure to trade the right one!
2) KEYS. All Mission keys can be traded. Clan Keys cannot be traded.
3) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".
How do I build the Trading Post?
You will be able to place the Trading Post as a decoration in the Dojo.
1) Approach the Room Options Panel and find the Trading Post under Place Decoration.
2) Place Trading Post in Dojo
3) Contribute resources to build
4) Wait for Trading Post to be done building or rush with Platinum.
How do I invite my friend to Trade with me if they're not in my clan?
Friends that you wish to trade with do not need to be in your clan. Simply invite him/her to your Dojo via Friends List.
Does a person need to be on my friends list to trade with? Or can it be a random person from recruiting using /invite?
The person you are trading with does not need to be on your friends list. You can trade with anyone that is in the Dojo with you, regardless of how they entered the Dojo.
Can I talk to the person whom I’m trading with?
Yes, there is a private chat window for the person you are directly trading with.
Can I cancel the Trade at any time?
Yes, you can press ESC to cancel the trade and exit the Trade screen.
What if my game crashes in the middle of a trade?
If your game crashes in the middle of a trade the other player will be notified that you have left. They will then have the option to cancel the trade, or resume it when you come back.
What is Trading Tax?
Trading Tax is a Credit fee applied to all items you receive in a trade.Trading Tax is based off the rarity of the items you will receive. The rarer an item is, the more you must pay in Trading Tax. The Trading Tax each player must pay appears below the player's profile image on the Trade screen, and will update as the items in the trade change.
How many times can I trade [per] day?
The number of trades that you may complete in a day is based on your mastery rank (with a daily bonus of +2 for Founders). Your trades remaining will be “topped up” at the same time your revives are refilled each day.
-You must have a mastery rank of 2 or higher in order to trade.
*Can I create contests with giveaway prizes that are awarded via Trading?
Yes - but DE holds no responsibility if the reward is not given. As long as the contest is appropriate and kept within the game there is no problem.
The Clan Trading Tax is an additional tax that is optionally set by a clan. It is calculated as a percentage of the normal Trading Tax. When a trade is completed, the credits from the Clan Trading Tax will go in the hosting clan's Vault.
*How do I set the Clan Trading Tax?
On the "Trading Post" screen click the "Edit Clan Tax" button, and enter a tax percentage between 0 and 100. You may change the Clan Trade Tax rate only if you have the "Treasurer" role.
1) Approach Trading Post and press X to start the Trade.
2) Trading Post will display all players in the Dojo that you can trade with.
3) Select which Player you wish to trade with and click the Trade button; they will receive a message that you are requesting a trade.
4) Once Player has accepted the invitation, the trade begins.
5) The trading initiate will have first pick of what they wish to trade.
6) By clicking on one of your 3 empty slots, you can choose between Mods, Keys, or Platinum to trade. When you select an item, the recipient will receive a “Trading Tax” (Credits) based on the rarity of the item traded. Each player must have enough credits to pay their respective Trading Tax, or the items cannot be traded. Platinum can be traded by only one of the players, and in only one of the trading slots (no trading Plat for Plat). Click Offer Trade when you are finished selecting your items.
7) Player will then select their items to trade (increasing your Trading Tax)
8) After you receive Player's offer, you may either accept it, or make changes to your offer.
9) Offers can continue to be changed by either side, in a turn-based fashion, until one player agrees to accept the trade instead of changing their offer. Make sure you are always offering the right items!
10) When the trade is accepted you will see a fancy trading animation and your Trading Tax deducted from your Credit balance!
Edited by DE_Sandra, 11 January 2014 - 05:49 PM.
*Added New Questions!