It’s finally here Tenno, and it’s time to learn your ABC’s of Trading! Before trading be sure you are well prepared by reading through the Tenno Safe Trading Tips.
Note : You are NOT allowed to sell items from another game in Warframe, since there's no way to be sure that your items will be delivered.
What can we trade?
1) MODS - All Mods in your inventory are eligible for trade including Legendary Cores. There is no Rarity restriction (you can trade a Rare for an Uncommon). Mods that you have equipped on items will display a blue icon on the bottom right corner of the Mod. These are eligible for trade as well, but you will be notified that the mod will be taken off the equipped item(s). Exception: You may not trade away Ability/Precept mods for any Warframe/Sentinel you own, unless you have duplicates of the Ability mod. This is similar to the rules in place for selling Ability mods.
**You may trade an equipped Ability mod if you have duplicates, so be sure to trade the right one!
2) KEYS - All Mission keys can be traded. Clan Keys cannot be traded.
3) PRIME WEAPON PARTS - Any prime weapon that has individual pieces (Barrel, Stock, Handle, Receiver, Grip, Lower/Upper Limb, String, Disc, Blade, Gauntlet, Link) that are used to craft them in addition to the main blueprint may be traded.
4) PRIME BLUEPRINT - All Prime Blueprints may be traded. However, already crafted Prime Gear CANNOT be traded.
4) ANTITOXIN - All Antitoxins from the Cicero Crisis Event/ Earth can be traded. (Topaz, Vermillion, Cirtine, Beryl, Amethyst, Lapis)
5) PLATINUM - Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".
6) ARCANE HELMETS - Any completed Arcane Helmets can be traded. Please keep in mind that blueprint for Arcane Helmets cannot be traded, only the completed helmets themselves.
7) SYNDICATE MODS AND WEAPONS - Any special syndicate mods and any UNUSED Syndicate Weapons may be traded (keep in mind that even 1 XP on a weapon will make it untradeable in game).
8) KUBROW IMPRINTS - All Kubrow Imprints can be traded.
How do I build the Trading Post?
You will be able to place the Trading Post as a decoration in the Dojo.
1) Approach the Room Options Panel and find the Trading Post under Place Decoration.
2) Place Trading Post in Dojo
3) Contribute resources to build
4) Wait for Trading Post to be done building or rush with Platinum.
How do I invite my friend to Trade with me if they're not in my clan?
Friends that you wish to trade with do not need to be in your clan. Simply invite him/her to your Dojo via Friends List.
Does a person need to be on my friends list to trade with? Or can it be a random person from recruiting using /invite?
The person you are trading with does not need to be on your friends list. You can trade with anyone that is in the Dojo with you, regardless of how they entered the Dojo.
Can I talk to the person whom I’m trading with?
Yes, there is a private chat window for the person you are directly trading with.
Can I cancel the Trade at any time?
Yes, you can press ESC to cancel the trade and exit the Trade screen.
What if my game crashes in the middle of a trade?
If your game crashes in the middle of a trade the other player will be notified that you have left. They will then have the option to cancel the trade, or resume it when you come back.
What is Trading Tax?
Trading Tax is a Credit fee applied to all items you receive in a trade.Trading Tax is based off the rarity of the items you will receive. The rarer an item is, the more you must pay in Trading Tax. The Trading Tax each player must pay appears below the player's profile image on the Trade screen, and will update as the items in the trade change.
How many times can I trade [per] day?
The number of trades that you may complete in a day is based on your mastery rank (with a daily bonus of +2 for Founders). Your trades remaining will be “topped up” at the same time your revives are refilled each day.
-You must have a mastery rank of 2 or higher in order to trade.
*Can I trade for items or services not listed in the Trade interface?
No, trading is restricted to what is listed in the trading UI. Players trading for items or services not listed in the trading interface face removal of trading privilege, account suspension or permanent banning.
*Can I create contests with giveaway prizes that are awarded via Trading?
Yes - but DE holds no responsibility if the reward is not given. As long as the contest is appropriate and kept within the game there is no problem.
*What is Clan Trading Tax?
The Clan Trading Tax is an additional tax that is optionally set by a clan. It is calculated as a percentage of the normal Trading Tax. When a trade is completed, the credits from the Clan Trading Tax will go in the hosting clan's Vault.
*How do I set the Clan Trading Tax?
On the "Trading Post" screen click the "Edit Clan Tax" button, and enter a tax percentage between 0 and 100. You may change the Clan Trade Tax rate only if you have the "Treasurer" role.
1) Approach Trading Post and press X to start the Trade.
2) Trading Post will display all players in the Dojo that you can trade with.
3) Select which Player you wish to trade with and click the Trade button; they will receive a message that you are requesting a trade.
4) Once Player has accepted the invitation, the trade begins.
5) Each player will select their items they wish to trade at the same time.
6) By clicking on one of your 3 empty slots, you can choose between Mods, Keys, Platinum, or Prime Parts/Blueprints to trade. When you select an item, the recipient will receive a “Trading Tax” (Credits) based on the rarity of the item traded. Each player must have enough credits to pay their respective Trading Tax, or the items cannot be traded. Platinum can be traded by only one of the players, and in only one of the trading slots (no trading Plat for Plat). Click Offer Trade when you're finished selecting your items.
7) Only when you accept the trade do you wait for the other player to accept or make a change. Both players must accept the current trade before it can be completed. If the other player makes a change after you have accepted the trade, you will have to accept the new trade. Alternatively you may make further changes to your offer, or cancel the trade.
8) When the trade is accepted you will see a fancy trading animation and your Trading Tax deducted from your Credit balance!
Edited by [DE]Danielle, 24 November 2015 - 05:31 PM.
Updated FAQ with relevant info