Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Powers And Mechanics Post U14

PsycloneM

With the release of Damage 2.0, I'll be reviewing every warframe to see how their powers have been affected. This thread is meant for anyone to share their observations so we can have a much better idea of where these powers currently stand. 

Ash

Shuriken now deals 500 RzQowR3.png slash damage per shuriken. As such, Shuriken has a small chance to cause a bleed DoT, which would inflict 35% of the initial damage per tick (a total of 7 ticks over 6 seconds). Shuriken is also affected by special body part multipliers.

Smoke Screen causes all of Ash's melee attacks to deal 4x damage.

Blade Storm deals 2000 finisher damage per target. This damage type bypasses armor completely, and Ancient Healers appear to have a +100% resistance.

Let me know if you're observing the same thing, and don't hesitate to share information regarding other warframes. Here are their links:

Edited by PsycloneM

Ember's Fireball speed was buffed to decent levels. Rest of her kit is unchanged. Her overheat might have been nerfed again though... it seems to take longer for the damage to tick. Scott claims he "didn't have enough time" on Twitter to ACTUALLY fix her.

Overall she was nerfed again. None of her abilities CC enemies (tested on infested) so she's pretty much guaranteed to get overrun if she can't kill them fast enough. Was almost dying and getting overrun against level 25-30 infested with a 4 star Ember built for pure damage and energy capacity.

Boy do I feel bad for people that bought Prime Access for the "new and improved Ember" that Scott said we were getting...

Edited by DavidSPD

Boy do I feel bad for people that bought Prime Access for the "new and improved Ember" that Scott said we were getting...

In due time. I'll have to take a look at Ember and see what's going on with Overheat.

Not quite sure what happened to volt, but I like it. I think his damage attacks proc the chain lightning effect and he appears to have far better kill potential than he used too. I wish the codex for abilities where a bit more in depth. 

That sounds promising. I couldn't agree more about warframe power information in the Codex. I would assume it's on the to-do list, because I really don't see a good reason why power stats are not available when weapon stats are.

Edited by PsycloneM

Slight tangent, but since you mention slash damage doing 1.5x to infested and 0.5x to robotics...

Does anyone know what the actual damage multipliers are for the new system (for each damage type)? Also, is armor ignore more or less a thing of the past?

Banshee

Sonic Boom now deals 50 ujb2gKH.png impact damage.

Sound Quake deals 200 y968wVt.pngblast damage per second. As such, each instance of damage has a small chance to knock down enemies.

Banshee will inflict 200 blast damage in her immediate vicinity the moment her hands make contact with the ground. On top of this, an extra instance of damage is dealt that decreases with distance. This extra instance is also capable of landing head shots. Should this damage hit an enemy's head, a maximum of 600 damage will be inflicted in a small AoE at Sound Quake's activation (1600 total damage for the duration).

Slight tangent, but since you mention slash damage doing 1.5x to infested and 0.5x to robotics...

Does anyone know what the actual damage multipliers are for the new system (for each damage type)? Also, is armor ignore more or less a thing of the past?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0'>Link to wiki

The data miners are keeping this page updated with every hotfix.

Edited by PsycloneM

nekros's soul punch does about 325-350 damage now (dont know the exact number but its within that range) with a max soul punch and focus equipped. 

I think nova's powers do more damage with this system because so far I've ancients have been dying from explosions next to them with a max mod and focus.

I would have hoped that non elemental warframe damage abilities would do something akin to 'true damage' completely unaffected by armor, flesh, robotics, shields or anything else. Slightly dissapointed that this doesn't seem to be the case.

As for Scott not having enough time, come on guys, it's not hard to believe he didn't have enough time. U11 is huge.

I would have hoped that non elemental warframe damage abilities would do something akin to 'true damage' completely unaffected by armor, flesh, robotics, shields or anything else. Slightly dissapointed that this doesn't seem to be the case.

As for Scott not having enough time, come on guys, it's not hard to believe he didn't have enough time. U11 is huge.

He's known about Ember being in a bad spot for four months. Community has been putting a lot of pressure on him to fix her for two. In my opinion that should be enough time time to fix her.

Also is Warframe's entire balance Scott's job? They seriously need to get a small team for it if they can't properly balance a single warframe in four months.

He's known about Ember being in a bad spot for four months. Community has been putting a lot of pressure on him to fix her for two. In my opinion that should be enough time time to fix her.

Also is Warframe's entire balance Scott's job? They seriously need to get a small team for it if they can't properly balance a single warframe in four months.

Not to mention that no single person could achieve the same results as a group of people moving in the same direction. Ideas are more abundant in the later case.

Ember

With U11.5, Fireball has gone through some interesting changes. There appears to be three separate damage components of this power: the initial damage from impact, the AoE damage, and the fire DoT. The initial component deals 400 rYx4nhL.pngheat damage to a single target. This damage can improved with head shots.

Now that Fireball as a 100% chance to proc a fire DoT on the victim, this mechanic allows Fireball to deal more single-target damage than it did before. The reason for this is because the damage ticks are dependent upon the initial damage. The fire DoT will deal 200 heat damage every second for 6 seconds (a total of 7 ticks). If the initial damage happens to receive a 2x head shot modifier, the fire DoT will deal 800 heat damage for the same number of ticks. 

Finally, there's the AoE component which happens to be equal to 150 rYx4nhL.png heat damage. This damage affects all enemies, including the initial target, within a certain radius. This damage can be doubled if it hits an enemy's head (including the initial target). This damage does not fall off with distance, and also has a 50% chance to proc a fire DoT on surrounding enemies. 

All three damage components are affected by power strength. Here is an example of the sort of single-target damage Fireball can deal:

7DXk8QW.jpg

With Focus equipped, that's 520 initial damage against the level 35 ancient (no resistances to heat damage). Since I aimed for its head, Fireball dealt 1040 damage. The other "1040" you see is the first tick of the fire DoT which is now 200% of the initial damage due to the head shot. Finally, you have the 390 AoE damage. 150 x 1.3 = 195, which is then multiplied by 2 for the head shot: 195 x 2 = 390.

As for the leaper and charger, each were dealt the 195 AoE damage previously mentioned. Both take 1.25x heat damage, so that's 195 x 1.25 = 243. The leaper was hit in the head, so that's 243.75 x 2 = 487.

Fireball dealt 2470 damage to a single target in one instance. This Fireball would have dealt a total of 8710 damage over the course of 6 seconds (the ancient died after several ticks).

Overheat has been replaced by Accelerant. This power functions as an area stun and debuff that increases heat damage dealt to enemies by 2.5x (affected by power strength). Any enemy within range will take additional heat damage from what seems to be all sources. I've tested this with Dual Heat Sword's slam attack, Ember's powers, and elemental damage on weapons: all of these heat damage sources inflict amplified damage to debuffed enemies. For instance with Focus equipped, a +90% heat damage mod on your weapon will receive a 3.25x multiplier, increasing the damage to +90% x 3.25 = +292.5%.

Fire Blast also has three distinct components: the initial blast, the fire DoT, and the ring DoT. Dealing 150 rYx4nhL.png heat damage, the initial blast is capable of landing head shots and is mitigated by distance. This component also has a 100% chance to proc a fire DoT with same mechanics as described before (75 heat damage per second for 6 seconds, 300 heat damage per second for head shots). Fire Blast's ring also deals 150 rYx4nhL.png heat damage per second. Again, all components are affected by power strength. An interesting new feature of this ability is that enemies seem to be aware of the hazard, and will avoid stepping into the AoE. 

Here's an example of how the damage works:

ZXyDr43.jpg

With Focus, the initial damage is 195 to ancients, 243 to leapers/chargers, and 292 to runners/crawlers. The damage numbers without a heat symbol correspond to the first tick of damage from each DoT. You should be able to tell that the ancient and leaper on the left took head shot damage. Going from left to right, each enemy took 2800, 3456, 784, and 946 total heat damage over 6 seconds.

World On Fire remains the same: 400 rYx4nhL.png heat damage over time, affected by power strength. Each damage tick has a small chance to trigger an additional fire DoT.

Notice how I'm not saying World on Fire does 400 heat damage per second. This is not what I'm observing. I am also not observing simultaneous damage ticks occurring on three different targets (I've gone frame by frame in several recordings to verify). What I am seeing is that damage is being dealt roughly every 0.2 - 0.4 seconds. If a damage tick is strong enough to kill an enemy, it will jump to a new target within that time interval. If the damage tick is not strong enough to kill its target, the damage may return to the target 0.2 - 0.4 seconds later, or it may jump to a completely different target in the AoE. The damage tick is fast-acting and unpredictable.

Edited by PsycloneM

Sound Quake deals 200 blast damage per second (extra damage to armor and flesh). It's still affected by power strength, reduced by armor, and now has a small chance to cause additional stuns due to its damage type. What I find interesting is that the moment Banshee slams her hands on the ground, nearby enemies will receive varying damage at that instant followed by the DoT. What's also interesting is that this initial damage is capable of landing headshots. With Focus equipped, I've seen the initial damage as high as ~500 and as low as ~30. I still need to figure out what's going on here.

So what you're trying to say is... 

When Banshee uses Sound Quake...

Nearby enemies' heads explode...

I'll let that sink in for a moment with only the following smiley as to what this information brings to me :

[size=5]:)[/size]

I'll let that sink in for a moment with only the following smiley as to what this information brings to me :

:)

Ha, don't take my word for it though. I still need more people to test this out. From my experiences though, a butcher ran by me as I was about to cast Sound Quake. I heard the splatter sound effect and saw "503" pop out of his body as he collapsed to the ground. Similar to Fire Blast's initial damage, I'm not sure how the damage is being calculated here. 

Excalibur

As you would expect, Slash Dash deals 500 RzQowR3.pngslash damage. As such, this power has a small chance to cause a bleed DoT.

Just a quick statement about Slash Dash's range. The wiki claims that it's 10 m. This is too short. Without any duration mods its range is roughly 20 m (based on navigation point placement); with Continuity, the range is roughly 26-27 m.

I wanted to share the following information since it's currently not mentioned in the wiki. While enemies are blinded by Radial Blind, they are put into an unalerted state. This means it's possible to deal 4x melee damage to these affected enemies, similar to the damage dealt to enemies by Loki's and Ash's stealth attacks, and damage dealt to enemies suspended in Vauban's Bastille.

Radial Javelin still deals 1000 damage per javelin equally divided among ujb2gKH.png impact damage, r2Ff7vo.png puncture damage, and RzQowR3.png slash damage.

Edited by PsycloneM

Frost

Freeze now inflicts 350 fKf8zUe.pngcold damage. The casting animation time has been slightly reduced. There is no AoE component, so only one target can be frozen per cast. Frozen enemies can only take a limited amount of damage while under the power's effects. When a frozen enemy takes ~ 300 health damage, the effect wears off. Sentinels can also break the freeze effect.

Ice Wave inflicts 700 fKf8zUe.pngcold damage, follows terrain, and now has a 100% status chance, meaning all damaged enemies will receive a movement/attack speed reduction for a duration.

Snow Globe has a base health of 3500 (affected by power strength) with a 30-second duration. During the first 4 seconds, Snow Globe is completely invulnerable. Enemy damage dealt to the globe during this time is converted into health, and added to the base health at the end of the invulnerability period. The product of 5 x ( Frost's armor ) is also added to the base health. Testing details can be found here.

Avalanche now inflicts 1500 fKf8zUe.pngcold damage. The casting animation time has been reduced. There used to be a 5 to 6-second delay before the damage was dealt. As it was a bug caused by increasing power range, the delay has been removed; although, we might see Avalanche regain that utility down the road.
Edited by PsycloneM

Loki

Decoy is capable of inflicting puncture and slash procs with low probability. The damage ticks from the slash proc appear to be minuscule: 1 damage per tick based on enemy health bars (damage numbers are not displayed). 

As with Ash's Smoke Screen, Invisibility causes all of Loki's melee attacks to deal 4x damage.

Radial Disarm now deals 500 ujb2gKH.png impact damage to chargers.

Edited by PsycloneM

Mag

Now dealing 300 VKBkKaB.pngmagnetic damage, Pull seems to require line of sight.

It appears the mechanics of Shield Polarize have been slightly modified. The 50% shield restore/drain is intact (and is still affected by power strength), but the amount of radial damage inflicted seems to be based on the victim's distance from the source. I repeated the same test with a level 4 MOA and a prod crewman with its shields removed, and I witnessed damage values as high as 490 and as low as 340 based on how far the crewman was from the MOA. Enemies damaged by Shield Polarize are no longer ragdolled. The damage formula seems unchanged; that is, inflicting VKBkKaB.pngmagnetic damage equal to 2.5x times the amount of shields drained affected by power strength. I suspect this power inflicts magnetic damage on the basis of this thread.

Bullet Attractor still has its 2x damage multiplier, but now you can actually shoot your target while you're inside the bubble. While bullets caught in the field are redirected to the target, you can freely aim at enemy weakpoints (as you normally would without Bullet Attractor) and hit your mark. The explosion that occurs when your target is killed deals 300 y968wVt.png blast damage, unaffected by power strength. This damage is affected by special body part multipliers, and also decreases with distance.

Crush now inflicts 1000 VKBkKaB.pngmagnetic damage. Enemies no longer have a recovery animation should they survive the damage. They essentially pop up on their feet and continue doing what they were doing prior to the attack.

Edited by PsycloneM

Nekros

Soul Punch deals 500 ujb2gKH.png impact damage. Soul Punch now has a visible projectile that travels in a straight line from the initial target. If the projectile hits a hard surface, it will burst in an AoE. Any enemies hit by this projectile as it's in motion receive 50 ujb2gKH.png impact damage, and enemies hit by the AoE receive 100 ujb2gKH.png impact damage: both unaffected by power strength. The AoE also seems capable of dealing extra damage from head shots.

When using Nova, I found her Null Star to be totally useless now. I want to see what your take on that ability is once you test it. 

Will do. She's actually next on my list.

Edited by PsycloneM

That's probably because Slash Dash is dealing half the damage that it used to (damage modifier from 3x to 1.5x against Infested).

If I remember correctly, slashing damage deals 50% more damage to flesh and 50% more damage to infested. Considering leapers are the only armored infested, Slash Dash should deal double damage to infested.

... right?

This is an amazing thread.

Psyclone, you are performing a valuable service to the entire Warframe community, keep it up!

Hey, thanks! I figure if we all can gather information regarding powers post U11 and have it organized in a single thread, it would be a great help for all of us as we transition from Damage 1.0 to Damage 2.0. Personally I feel this information should be in the game, similar to how weapon stats are displayed in the UI (as well as mentioned in patch notes when changes are made).

If I remember correctly, slashing damage deals 50% more damage to flesh and 50% more damage to infested. Considering leapers are the only armored infested, Slash Dash should deal double damage to infested.

... right?

Not quite. Flesh only seems to refer to Grineer and Corpus crewmen health, whereas Infestation refers to Infested health. 

the "Armour" column on the wiki damage table is the % of armour that the damage type ignores. so freeze damage essentially treats enemies as having 50% more armour.

"flesh" is grineer multipliers before armour.

Thank you! This makes much more sense. However, I have not been able to replicate the damage values against that level 1 lancer if I add 50% more armor (lancers supposedly have 100 base armor). So first of all, how does one calculate damage reduction? The formula on the old spreadsheet provides a good starting point: 

damage reduction = ( 0.0035 x armor ) / ( 1 + 0.0035 x armor )

With 100 armor, that's ~25.93% damage reduction. Assuming lancers really do have 100 base armor, this damage reduction is a bit higher than what I observe. For instance, Soul Punch with Focus deals 487 damage to a level 1 lancer. If the lancer has ~25.93% damage reduction, I should have seen 481 damage. The observed damage reduction is much closer to 25%. So I propose a modification:

damage reduction = ( armor ) / ( 300 + armor )

100 armor reduces exactly 25% damage. A level 1 trooper as 150 armor, which corresponds to ~33.33% damage reduction. A level 1 butcher with 5 armor-- ~1.64% damage reduction. I've seen Soul Punch inflict 433 and 639 damage to these units, respectively; the observations match the modified equation.

If I use Freeze on a level 1 lancer, the idea here is that cold damage will "amplify" the lancer's armor by 1.5. So with 150 armor, the lancer should now be reducing 1/3 of the original damage. We're looking for 113, so let's see:

181.25 x ( 1 - 0.3333 ) = 120

This is a bit too high. What if instead the armor values on the table correspond to a change in the target's damage reduction directly. So cold damage would cause the lancer's armor to reduce 25% x 1.5 = 37.5% damage.

181.25 x ( 1 - 0.375 ) = 113

Alright, it looks like we're getting somewhere. Our level 1 trooper takes 90 damage, and the level 1 butcher takes 176:

181.25 x [ 1 - ( 0.3333 x 1.5 ) ] = 90

181.25 x [ 1 - ( 0.0164 x 1.5 ) ] = 176

Fine. What about Banshee's Sound Quake modded with Focus, dealing 260 blast damage (1.25x damage to armor and flesh) over time to our level 1 lancer? I used to see 264 and not understand why:

260 x 1.25 x [ 1 - ( 0.25 x 0.75 ) ] = 264

Once I figure out how armor scales according to a unit's level, I'll properly test this against higher-leveled enemies to see if this all holds. Thanks again for leading me in the right direction. Keep sharing your feedback.

Edited by PsycloneM

Ha, don't take my word for it though. I still need more people to test this out. From my experiences though, a butcher ran by me as I was about to cast Sound Quake. I heard the splatter sound effect and saw "503" pop out of his body as he collapsed to the ground. Similar to Fire Blast's initial damage, I'm not sure how the damage is being calculated here.

No worries, disregarding the mechanics behind Banshee's Sound Quake, there's just an awesome factor in knowing you literally blow people's heads off with what could essentially be music if given the right sound effects. Which is why the information made me smile... and wish there was a sound pack for Banshee's abilities to switch them to something like dubstep or some kind of metal.

Nova

Null Star deals 200 RzQowR3.png slash damage per particle. Each particle no longer staggers enemies on contact. Each particle also has a small chance to proc a bleed DoT, and can still land head shots.

Antimatter Drop still uses the same damage formula as it did before: 100 damage + 4x weapon damage absorbed, all as 7eaCpvM.png radiation damage. The weapon damage multiplier is not affected by power strength. Antimatter Drop also deals 10 7eaCpvM.pngradiation damage when it makes contact with an enemy prior to detonation.

Here's some proof for Antimatter Drop's damage type.

Molecular Prime now deals 800 y968wVt.png blast damage per primed enemy. The mechanics seem unchanged.

Edited by PsycloneM