Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"melee Assist" Not A Valid Substitute For "movement Controls Melee" Option.

Sokina

So, originally I thought it was a bug that the "Movement controls melee" functionality was removed, but the more I look at it, and with each passing hotfix, it looks like "Melee Assist" was supposed to take its place.

The core issue with removing this option, is the fact that, if most players use similar gamepad setups to me (And I'm sure most do use a similar setup) the right thumb / hand will be aiming, jumping, "using", shooting, and other stuff. The left thumb/hand currently, for my setup, zooms in, blocks, moves, and crouches. That's it.

The main reason people are upset about this change is because it's forcing them to go from using left stick melee aim, to right stick melee aim. It completely throws off how a person plays, and it's not something practice is going to really help with.

For example: Shooting at an enemy far away. Another enemy comes up behind you. Before, you could charge a melee attack and slice him down without taking your view away from the far-away enemy. Now, you have to completely tilt your camera, just to kill the enemy behind you, before tilting it all the way back to killing the enemy that's far away. And if it's infested, it's going to be even harder cause they're jerks and they move around.

Or if you're a player like me, who relies on speed and agility to maneuver...you'll be melee'ing an enemy, while quickly moving your camera to scout out your next target / your escape path. Not anymore. Now, you'll be trying to turn your camera quickly, just to melee an enemy once, then turning it rapidly to center on your next target. Removing this option is severely hurting players like me, especially whose focus is melee. It's ruining the blend of gunplay and melee.

I could melee an enemy by aiming my left stick, while lining up a shot on my next target with my right stick. Thus making full use of my arsenal. Not anymore. Now I have to look directly at an enemy, whether I shoot him or melee him. And if there's multiple enemies...well, forget about it.

And if you're like me who enjoys using fast melee weapons, forget about it too. Good luck using right stick melee aiming with fang. Especially if you accidentally move past your enemy, and have to turn your camera completely around to get another hit in.

Melee assist does not fix this issue. Melee assist should be an additional option, and it should not replace "Movement controls melee" option. Especially since PS4 version is released, (I hope this option wasn't removed for them too) I would think that benefitting gamepad users as much as possible would be a good thing. Please remedy this. My enjoyment of the game has absolutely plummeted because of something like this. Nobody's really even given a reason (That I found) to explain why it was removed. It was working just fine...did it make gamepad users too OP or something?

Also, I get nauseous, being primarily melee, having to whirl my camera around just to attack an enemy for a brief second, then swap to another target. So increasing camera turn speed isn't a viable option. And since I have to aim with the right stick, it's hard for me to jump to escape, while aiming melee. Previously I could just kick an ancient in his &#!, knock him down, and then run. But now I have to whirl around to do it, then whirl back.

Edited by Sokina

I use mouse and keyboard controls, and even so, I used the "movement controls melee" myself because I still found it much easier to control with my wasd keys than whipping the mouse around everywhere. When update 11 came out and the option was removed I found myself missing a whole lot more of my strikes than before, so I'd like to see this come back.

Yeah, it is taking alot of joy out of how i play my game tbh :), Im a big fan of just flying around with my rhino and galantine..

But now as OP states very nicely in his post its just too sluggish. u cant move to a enemy quick enough and u end up stepping past or away from the mobs instead of toward em.

It would be a real shame if they wouldnt return this option as you just cant mellee proper this way :)